List Mgmt. Should Ryder get a new contract?

Tough decisions need to be made with our list. We made two last year moving on Polec and Wingard. Ryder will be 32 at the start of next season, is starting to move more and more like a pensioner and we have 2 guys ready and waiting in Ladhams and Frampton, and potentially the best of the lot in Hayes coming through as well.

Should he get a new contract?

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Going on this seasons form, no he should not. I would rather start establishing a new ruck combo as early as mid season as it will be clear that we ain’t making finals by that point.

Palpatine_Power

13 In A Row Participation Certificate 2023
Apr 9, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
No. Also needs a rest as he's cooked right now. We have coverage for his position and should be playing kids as much as possible this year.

no

westhoff either

probably not robbie gray either

Robbie resigned, but I agree.

We need to trim the oldies in a systematic manner. Have our list into old and almost old.

Old, is Westy, Ryder, Boak, RGRay,
Almsot old Watts, Broady, Harlett, Jonas, Rockcliff

So two olds would have to be Westy and Ryder, Broady to go too

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It depends on whether Hayes comes on. This is also where the Hinkley 'If a gold pass is on the list they must play' problem rears its head. If Ryder is on the list Ken will go to him as the 'safe' option, rather than as a break in glass option. The same as Sam Gray should have been this year. If Ken is here, then if Hayes comes back ok and Ladhams continues progressing AND we don't delist Frampton I'd say no. However the last thing we need is Frampton delisted, Hayes is slow recovering, Ryder goes, then Lycett goes down. REH would be having a stroke at the list management team.

Dalfino

#BringBackTheBars
May 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
If Ladham's and Ryder's seasons continue in their current trajectory I'd say no. Also want to see how Hayes plays out this year.

I mean or we could play a forward system with another KPF so that Paddy isn't relied upon as the forward focal point, but hey what would I know.

dav3

Brownlow Medallist
May 1, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nope, no one should get a contract, delist everyone because the side isn't playing very well right now :drunk:

Give him a year, at worst he's backup for Ladhams/Hayes.

Back