Should staging carry a greater penalty?

Remove this Banner Ad

The yellow card in soccer is given for "simulation", which means acting if something has happened which did not occur.

Not accentuating contact. I wouldn't have sanctioned anyone for their conduct over last weekend in this regard.

Up to umpires to be smarter, but we already ask them to do way too much. Soccer refs don't have to judge intent, which just leaves them to call what they see.

It's too difficult for our already incompetent umpires to adjudicate on. Just start rubbing the repeat offenders out.

yep

MRP to issue staging bans or manipulating the game

Personally I would have banned Selwwod until his knees strengthened and no longer put his head at risk

Daniher is a discrace to the sport, a life ban would make it clear to all not to stage.

This is the saltiest thing I’ve ever read, and I have read books about the history of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised he got off with just a fine. Thought Uncle Steve would have had some input

Uncle Steve build a rod for his own back this week by getting Nephew Joel off for eye gouging and punching prone blokes in the head.

Uncle Steve build a rod for his own back this week by getting Nephew Joel off for eye gouging and punching prone blokes in the head.

Not punching... it was Joel's fist pushing back someone's head as per AFL website.. 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

It's possible that umpires may not give you legitimate frees for a while due to "reputation". That's a pretty good punishment.

The only two I can really remember being blacklisted by the umps are Lyndsay Thomas and Michael Walters.

I wonder what they have in common that distinguishes them from other chronic duckers and stagers who still get rewarded by umps?

The only two I can really remember being blacklisted by the umps are Lyndsay Thomas and Michael Walters.

I wonder what they have in common that distinguishes them from other chronic duckers and stagers who still get rewarded by umps?

The big difference with ducking for example is that it is or at least can be a legitimate way to try and avoid traffic or avoid a tackle. You can duck but be still legitimately playing footy.

Falling over, etc is not really of any purpose other than to con an umpire.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back