Opinion Should The Adelaide Scoreboard Be Moved

Do You want the Adelaide Scoreboard relocated to erect another stand

• Yes - Add another Stand, make the ground complete, relocate Scoreboard - rip those bloody trees out

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • No - We retain the Scoreboard, and not erect another stand - retain those Moreton Bay Fig Trees

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I understand completely this "keep up with the Jone's" philosophy .....Optus gets a shiney new Lighting System, so must we

So with the news that the MCG is looking to go solar, to cash in on the "Net Zero Emissions" debate ......I thought about how we could follow them and still retain the uniqueness of our Adelaide Oval

View attachment 1277526

So much thought has gone into this .....and I'm looking to rally support for these changes ....just look at all the benefits

1. We are seen to be helping the Net Zero Emissions campaign
2. We can supply much needed shelter for patrons on the hill
3. AO power bills will reduce substantially, thus reducing ticket prices .....and no longer will there be excuses for cold showers in the opposition changerooms
4. We provide much needed shelter for the Morton Bay Figs from the aeroplane emissions
5. We maintain the uniqueness of the Adelaide Oval .....nay, we enhance the POD

Please take this campaign seriously .....and think of the planet

View attachment 1277530

My secondary follow-up campaign will be to have players wearing little caps with minature solar panels ...will power the GPS units and eliminate batteries ....another planet saving initiative :)
Is it feasible to put flexible solar panels in tarps?

Nov 6, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
🇦🇺 🇦🇺 🇦🇺 West Adelaide
Is it feasible to put flexible solar panels in tarps?
Modern technology .....anythings possible

We could cover the walkway too with solar panels to provide much needed shelter ......and really, who needs all that grass in the parklands .....replace with solar panels ...everyones inside playing the latest game anyway, so the space is a waste

Would also give the pigeons somewhere to nest .....animal protection ....OMG !!, so many benefits

arrowman

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 27, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Would also give the pigeons somewhere to nest

o_O

Bird Poop.jpg

I understand completely this "keep up with the Jone's" philosophy .....Optus gets a shiney new Lighting System, so must we

So with the news that the MCG is looking to go solar, to cash in on the "Net Zero Emissions" debate ......I thought about how we could follow them and still retain the uniqueness of our Adelaide Oval

View attachment 1277526

So much thought has gone into this .....and I'm looking to rally support for these changes ....just look at all the benefits

3. AO power bills will reduce substantially, thus reducing ticket prices .....and no longer will there be excuses for cold showers in the opposition changerooms
4. We provide much needed shelter for the Morton Bay Figs from the aeroplane emissions

View attachment 1277530

My secondary follow-up campaign will be to have players wearing little caps with minature solar panels ...will power the GPS units and eliminate batteries ....another planet saving initiative :)

Make them retractable also.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals

View attachment 1277526

View attachment 1277530

Don't give Adelaide Mail ideas :D

Slippery Pete

Samcro24 alias account
Jul 19, 2010
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1277526

View attachment 1277530

You’ll need a climate passport to enter too.

Yeah. Again I agree that it’s a great venue….except for that northern end…

I reckon our POVs reflect the consensus though. Split right down the middle.
Doubt you will have many cricket supporters wanting the Northern end changed.

It's what keeps the Oval unique from the other concrete stadiums & why Adelaide Oval is still revered as one of the best cricket stadiums in the world.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like they cancelled out each other's ineptness
Compromise often ends with a sub-standard solution, but imo we got the best of all worlds.

Went from going to 2 sub-standard stadiums to the best viewing stadium i have had the pleasure of watching sport.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide

View attachment 1277526

View attachment 1277530

Won’t all those panels fry the birds as they fly over.

I’m old enough to remember the hideous Creswell Stand at the Southern End.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The scoreboard is pretty hard to see from the southern end too (not for me, cos I have Superman vision, but for a lot of people). It doesn’t actually serve any practical purpose.

I’ve often been at that end and been asked by —how can I say this politely — the more visually challenged and advancing of age members of our supporter base (which seems like most of them) “what is the actual goal and points score?” because that format is not shown on the big screen at the northern end, only the old scoreboard which you really need perfect vision to see.

I've always pictured you as having tiger blood. It is salient when explaining your crisp vision.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Are we seriously calling Adelaide Oval subpar?

I can't see how it's not fit for purpose. It fits existing club's season ticket members. No doubt would be over capacity at home finals events. Not sure to what extent though. The counter is that whilst the non-fixed seating memberships aren't sold out, all seated are. Are there supporters who would take up a guaranteed seated membership that aren't interested in either GA or Essential as a stepping stone? I guess the issue in adding more seats would be that the existing non-seated would transition to seated, leaving the void in the non-seated memberships.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
The concrete banks on the outer were an eyesore. Terrible for fans

The old members stand was uncomfortable and set back miles from the action

The Bradman Stand was enormous yet seated about 150 people

They've taken all the good things from the old design and added good new things. Feels like there's history there yet also feels like a modern stadium. It's been done absolutely perfectly imho

The only thing SACA has done right in about 40 years!

That's just not correct. They would have sacked lots and lots of incompetent and promoted above their talent staff over those years. How dare you sir! I demand satisfaction.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Can’t understand the hate for Adelaide Oval.

Haven’t been to Optus Stadium, however I have been to the MCG and left thinking that the only thing it has over Adelaide Oval was the size, and don’t even get me started on how much Adelaide Oval shits all over Marvel Stadium.

The only valid criticism I think is that it is hard to get from the top tiers of the riverbank stand to the top tiers of the eastern stand, however that is a small price to pay for the ground to keep some character and not become another soulless colosseum type venue.

All have their pros and cons, there’s not a bad seat in Marvel but looks dull. The MCG is mighty when there’s over 50k but wonder why they play Shield cricket when the only crowd is seagulls and the Adelaide Oval mixes the new and old beautifully but the Western Grandstand in winter is horrible.
Optus Stadium in Perth probably the best I’ve been to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back