Opinion Should The Adelaide Scoreboard Be Moved

Do You want the Adelaide Scoreboard relocated to erect another stand

• Yes - Add another Stand, make the ground complete, relocate Scoreboard - rip those bloody trees out

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • No - We retain the Scoreboard, and not erect another stand - retain those Moreton Bay Fig Trees

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If we're being honest, the Adelaide oval now looks nothing like it was when that scoreboard was built. The redesign changed the entire look of the most of the stadium, but people think the scoreboard being there still makes it seem unique.

My opinion as a traditionalist is that many of the worlds GREAT events are such because of the traditions of those events :

Wimbledon

Ah yes Wimbledon, where black players were not allowed to play at the Club until 1951, and Jews were not admitted until 1952. They also installed a roof and completely renovated the entire stadium. Lets not let tradition get in the way of progress.

Last edited:
If we're being honest, the Adelaide oval now looks nothing like it was when that scoreboard was built. The redesign changed the entire look of the most of the stadium, but people think the scoreboard being there still makes it seem unique.

Ah yes Wimbledon, where black players were not allowed to play at the Club until 1951, and Jews were not admitted until 1952. They also installed a roof and completely renovated the entire stadium. Lets not let tradition get in the way of progress.

Wimbledon, who has a completely digital screen version to make its scoreboard like identical to how it always has.

Doesn't Adelaide Oval only get a few sellout crowds a year? Both Showdowns, maybe a final, and that's it?

You'd be lucky to get over 50k to any cricket match there except the Ashes
For the Crows Adeliade oval capacity is too small, A larger capacity means more embers and would push us into the West Coast refinances.

Also when mention sell-outs, are you talking about actual sell-out or crowd sizes. as they are different. A lot of People with 10 game passes don't turn up,

All have their pros and cons, there’s not a bad seat in Marvel but looks dull. The MCG is mighty when there’s over 50k but wonder why they play Shield cricket when the only crowd is seagulls and the Adelaide Oval mixes the new and old beautifully but the Western Grandstand in winter is horrible.
Optus Stadium in Perth probably the best I’ve been to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There definitely are bad seats at Marvel. I sat in the top tier above one of the pockets and the view of the boundary line and I’d say roughly 5m in was blocked. I’d assume it’s the same for all four pockets. I know it’s not a major issue but you’d be pretty pissed off at not seeing the goal of the game from the pocket.

It doesn't really restrict the club financially though, they can raise membership prices year on year until the wait list drops to zero
Not really.
An extra 10,000 x 10 game members, = around 3,900,000 If the Crows have around 45,000 x 10 game memberships
it makes an increase need to cover the extra 10,000 around 80, using the 360 cat7 ticket prices.

and 10,000 increase in 10 game memberships is a rough figure based on leaving around 7,000 tickets for 3 game and walk ups.

For the Crows Adeliade oval capacity is too small, A larger capacity means more embers and would push us into the West Coast refinances.

Also when mention sell-outs, are you talking about actual sell-out or crowd sizes. as they are different. A lot of People with 10 game passes don't turn up,

not all current memberships are sold. The benefit to the club from Ticketek sales would only be the uplift in F&B commissions. Thinking we'd get to Eagles level of revenue is as simplistic as it is idiotic. Their memberships were genuinely sold out prior to capacity increase plus they charge more than us and startEd with a clean stadium. There's a whole lot more to their financial powerhouseness than having added 15,000 seats a couple of years ago.

It's pretty simple, until we regularly have sold out memberships, any further capacity would likely be empty spaces. Home finals the only exception.

Not really.
An extra 10,000 x 10 game members, = around 3,900,000 If the Crows have around 45,000 x 10 game memberships
it makes an increase need to cover the extra 10,000 around 80, using the 360 cat7 ticket prices.

and 10,000 increase in 10 game memberships is a rough figure based on leaving around 7,000 tickets for 3 game and walk ups.

Where does the extra demand come from seeing current 11 game memberships aren't fully sold?

not all current memberships are sold. The benefit to the club from Ticketek sales would only be the uplift in F&B commissions. Thinking we'd get to Eagles level of revenue is as simplistic as it is idiotic. Their memberships were genuinely sold out prior to capacity increase plus they charge more than us and startEd with a clean stadium. There's a whole lot more to their financial powerhouseness than having added 15,000 seats a couple of years ago.

It's pretty simple, until we regularly have sold out memberships, any further capacity would likely be empty spaces. Home finals the only exception.
The Crows do have regularly sell out 11 game memberships, THAT is the single biggest reason the Crows have a waiting list for 11 game memberships.

And I may be an idiot in my old age But I do know extra seats sold at the start of a season increase the money, increase's sponsorship arrangements, and ultimately the bottom line.

and yea I do understand I put 10 game rather than 11 game.

And I may be an idiot in my old age But I do know extra seats sold at the start of a season increase the money, increase's sponsorship arrangements, and ultimately the bottom line.
Supply & Demand Rule......restrict supply (number of seats) increases demand and early takeup of memberships = increased cashflow into the club

Have they come up with a methodology to fill seats of members not attending yet?

Supply & Demand Rule......restrict supply (number of seats) increases demand and early takeup of memberships = increased cashflow into the club

Have they come up with a methodology to fill seats of members not attending yet?

They will always struggle to find a working methodology to fill seats of members not attending, but finically that is a minor problem as the seats have already been sold.

But increasing the seats increases the dollars, and reduces the need to raise ticket prices, above inflation.

Not really.

So you just proved my point. Instead of needing a stadium redevelopment the Crows could raise season ticket prices by $80 to gain the same revenue from a lower membership number

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you just proved my point. Instead of needing a stadium redevelopment the Crows could raise season ticket prices by $80 to gain the same revenue from a lower membership number
Did not prove anything, just used it as an example of why it benefits the Crows to increase the size of Adelaide Oval
Because there no way the Crows will increase their Cheapest season ticket by $80, above inflation

Did not prove anything, just used it as an example of why it benefits the Crows to increase the size of Adelaide Oval
Because there no way the Crows will increase their Cheapest season ticket by $80, above inflation
Inflation is irrelevant, there's a wait list of members, it's simple supply and demand. Cutting that wait list to zero by raising prices is the smart move

AO are transferable via email. They did do sell backs a few years ago but not sure if it's still an option. Club and ticket holders shared in proceeds of subsequent sale.

Inflation is irrelevant, there's a wait list of members, it's simple supply and demand. Cutting that wait list to zero by raising prices is the smart move
And there will be a tipping point when raising prices goes too far,
An increased capacity reduces that risk and increases more bums on seats, and as a bonus giving more value to the matchday sponsors increasing the potential for more dollars to the Crows.

While it's great to talk about a waiting list, it is better to increase capacity and sell the extra seats than to alienate a portion of your membership by increasing prices above inflation.

Also Inflation is not irrelevant most people will accept an increase in line with inflation but go too far and you start creating problems, and will drive more people away than you will gain. there is a balance and always a price to pay when you overbalance.

And there will be a tipping point when raising prices goes too far,
An increased capacity reduces that risk and increases more bums on seats, and as a bonus giving more value to the matchday sponsors increasing the potential for more dollars to the Crows.

While it's great to talk about a waiting list, it is better to increase capacity and sell the extra seats than to alienate a portion of your membership by increasing prices above inflation.

Also Inflation is not irrelevant most people will accept an increase in line with inflation but go too far and you start creating problems, and will drive more people away than you will gain. there is a balance and always a price to pay when you overbalance.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be. The options are either raise prices, or somehow fund a multi-million dollar (think hundreds of millions of dollars) stadium upgrade.

Even with the other risks of raising prices, the benefit may still outweigh the cost of the stadium redevelopment

There's a wait list for fixed seats, not memberships. You can buy yourself an Essential or GA membership today if you want. And unless it's changed, you need a membership to buy the seated wait list add on. So adding seats just transitions undersold memberships to fixed seated leaving more of the unseated unsold.

It's not as simple as you make it out to be. The options are either raise prices, or somehow fund a multi-million dollar (think hundreds of millions of dollars) stadium upgrade.

Even with the other risks of raising prices, the benefit may still outweigh the cost of the stadium redevelopment

I am only looking at this from a Crows Supporter perspective, And it is simple, more paid up season ticket holders = more money for the Crows

aaaa

you mean Stand up luckily to get seat tickets,
I am talking about granted seats every week. have a closer look.

i've already posted exactky that 3 or 4 times, I don't need to take a closer look. The only stand up is the hill, essential is seated, it's just not the same every game. But the nature of those memberships is that they can be oversold, so there's no guarantee that changing them to fixed seating will create more members.

i've already posted exactky that 3 or 4 times, I don't need to take a closer look. The only stand up is the hill, essential is seated, it's just not the same every game. But the nature of those memberships is that they can be oversold, so there's no guarantee that changing them to fixed seating will create more members.
A guaranteed seat every week in the same location is the key. And they are sold out. and limited in number,
Increase the stadium size and more can be sold, which at the end of the day works better for the crows.

Back