Opinion Should The Adelaide Scoreboard Be Moved

Do You want the Adelaide Scoreboard relocated to erect another stand

• Yes - Add another Stand, make the ground complete, relocate Scoreboard - rip those bloody trees out

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • No - We retain the Scoreboard, and not erect another stand - retain those Moreton Bay Fig Trees

Votes: 55 63.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Football Park was never fully completed if you look at the original plans. Had everything been done as per the original plans weā€™d still be playing there and this discussion would be moot.

Had they finished the design, they wouldā€™ve most likely built a new 80k stadium closer to the CBD 10 years ago.

Football Park was great for its time but it was well due for replacement by the end of itā€™s life.

Had they finished the design, they wouldā€™ve most likely built a new 80k stadium closer to the CBD 10 years ago.

Football Park was great for its time but it was well due for replacement by the end of itā€™s life.
It was also supposed to have a rail spur that would have made travel easier

Plus having to catch multiple trains to the CBD then onto the rail spur. Assuming port line.

Technically itā€™s the Grange line (itself a spur of the Outer Harbour line). It wouldā€™ve been a hot mess running trains if it had opened in the 70ā€™s/80ā€™s (when the train network still had the old school Semaphore signals)

I don't think anyone has disputed the ground (hill/scoreboard) are great and suitable for cricket. So much time with nothing happening = good opportunity to admire the hill/trees/cathedral/vintage scoreboard etc.

Totally different kettle of fish for footy, when the game is on I don't have time to gaze about looking at the venue and at the quarter time breaks I'm off to the loo or buying a beer.

But anyway I couldn't give two hoots about cricket, this is BigFOOTY and we are on the AFC board, the hill and scoreboard are NOT whats best for watching footy - the hill in winter and a largely irrelevant scoreboard have no place in a modern venue for footy.

Plus another grandstand would allow more 11 game season ticket holders which is better for the AFC.

But I'm sure today we will have someone say "OMG how good is this ground, can't believe anyone wants to get rid of the hill and scoreboard".

Well durr, its great for cricket, come back in the middle of winter with the hill soaked/turned to mush and the big lump of a scoreboard doing nothing.

I doubt the season ticket holders are actually out there to fill those seats. If you want this product then surely most would already be a GA or Essential member with the seat upgrade waiting their number to come up. But those memberships aren't fully sold. And if you built a stand, wouldn't you expect large numbers of those members to fill te seats, so the free spots will still be in the currently undersubscribed categories?

Back