Politics Should the AFL players boycott like the NBA players?

It's just a coincidence he died after 10 mins of getting choked in the neck. Says more about the policing in the states that he stated he couldn't breathe and then they proceeded to choke him to death.

Ask any medical professional what meth + fentanyl + pre-existing heart conditions (artery 75% blocked) + positive COVID-19 will do for your health.

In another new document, Baker said, "That is a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances."

That dosage of fentanyl ALONE was enough to have killed him, let alone the other medical considerations and drugs...

The fact this isn't common public knowledge is an absolute disgrace and proof they are trying to divide us.

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Ask any medical professional what meth + fentanyl + pre-existing heart conditions (artery 75% blocked) + positive COVID-19 will do for your health.

In another new document, Baker said, "That is a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances."

That dosage of fentanyl ALONE was enough to have killed him, let alone the other medical considerations and drugs...

The fact this isn't common public knowledge is an absolute disgrace and proof they are trying to divide us.

Piss off idiot. I'll knee you in the neck for 10 mins and you can tell me all about it.

Piss off idiot. I'll knee you in the neck for 10 mins and you can tell me all about it.
If you watch the bodycam footage with knowledge of all the drugs he was on and his pre-existing conditions, and still think the police killed him, you are lost.

Always Ballin

Social Activist. Freedom Fighter. Feminist.
Jan 11, 2015
Main Forum Poster
AFL Club
West Coast

That website doesn't look reliable. Why no CNN/NBC/ABC link?

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Because they are fake news.

There's no such thing as a credible mainstream news source.
George Floyd was lying on his stomach, subdued, with hands cuffed behind his back.

Was the knee on his neck really necessary?

George Floyd was lying on his stomach, subdued, with hands cuffed behind his back.

Was the knee on his neck really necessary?
Have you seen the footage?

Maybe, maybe not. But he would've died anyway.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Have you seen the footage?

Maybe, maybe not. But he would've died anyway.
I've seen the footage and my opinion is that the level of force applied was excessive given the circumstances.

Do you feel that he posed a threat while lying on his stomach, hands cuffed behind his back, and surrounded by officers?

I've seen the footage and my opinion is that the level of force applied was excessive given the circumstances.

Do you feel that he posed a threat while lying on his stomach, hands cuffed behind his back, and surrounded by officers?
Not really.

The point I'm making is that even if it was excessive force, it wouldn't have killed or even injured a man of his age and size 99.99% of the time.

Evolved1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 14, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
Not really.

The point I'm making is that even if it was excessive force, it wouldn't have killed or even injured a man of his age and size 99.99% of the time.
In and of itself, sure.

It could have been a contributing factor towards his death. Given the man was pleading that he couldn't breathe, and in obvious distress from drugs or psychological issues, the heavy-handedness from the officers seemed negligent to me.

I have no expertise in the area, so I'll wait for the outcome of legal proceedings before going too hard one way or the other.

In and of itself, sure.

It could have been a contributing factor towards his death. Given the man was pleading that he couldn't breathe, and in obvious distress from drugs or psychological issues, the heavy-handedness from the officers seemed negligent to me.

I have no expertise in the area, so I'll wait for the outcome of legal proceedings before going too hard one way or the other.
It won’t be murder. And it almost certainly shouldn’t be manslaughter or the US equivalent.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
Well after one boycott this morning two more NBA games were postponed, as were some MLB and MLS fixtures. NHL went ahead because black lives matter just that little bit less in a sport isn't dominated by African Americans. The two AFL games today went ahead, so no AFL players won't be boycotting.

NBA players will talk a big game, but I don't expect them to follow through with bailing on the rest of the playoffs when the financial implications are laid out.

Big_Luch

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Well after one boycott this morning two more NBA games were postponed, as were some MLB and MLS fixtures. NHL went ahead because black lives matter just that little bit less in a sport isn't dominated by African Americans. The two AFL games today went ahead, so no AFL players won't be boycotting.

NBA players will talk a big game, but I don't expect them to follow through with bailing on the rest of the playoffs when the financial implications are laid out.
That appears to have happened with the nba players taking pay cuts with no play-offs games.

It was always going to happen when it hit their hip pocket.

Aug 13, 2007
Vancouver
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oilers
1598564909511.png

1598567376022.png

And just like that Lebron realizes protesting will cost him money so he flips again

At least that is consistent with his China-Hong Kong stance

Back