List Mgmt. Should the club make a tough call?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good for the . If I wanted a group consensus I would go and watch Sky after Dark.
A stupid comment and people liking it does not make it correct.
There's nothing unusual about the post. Saying that a couple of our poor kicks out of the back line should be moved on at the end of the year, that our midfield needs more speed and skill and the Jack needs to play forward and improve is nothing out of the ordinary around here. Plenty of posters go harder than that. Why is this one worthy of abuse?

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Could Taylor go and replace JMac as a rebounding half back? I feel like we don't have the class exiting our backline at the moment which is crucial in the modern game.
I thought the exact same thing watching his rising star interview the other day. Sounds like he has never defended but he certainly has the smarts and is a neat user and would be a very good intercept of the footy! I feel could be in the mould of a Jeremy Howe. But then you rob Peter to pay Paul, losing that creative play that can create opportunities up forward. Healthy dilemma to have I guess

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Asifhe Givashe

All Australian
Jan 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ok.

However trading the captain against their will would send a pretty strong message to the entire list.

In fact maybe more than that, to the staff also.

Pour yourself into what you do for us, but at the end of the day we will f*** you off if the terms are right for us, regardless of what you've done for us.

Worked for the Dogs and Geelong.

Ziebell has had an ordinary career given his draft hype, mainly due to a lack of professionalism.

With a 12 man leadership group, would we really miss him? I’m not exactly enamoured with the fabric of the club and the culture atm. What do we stand for? Where are we going?

I doubt any club would take him any way, the game has gone past him.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Worked for the Dogs and Geelong.

Ziebell has had an ordinary career given his draft hype, mainly due to a lack of professionalism.

With a 12 man leadership group, would we really miss him? I’m not exactly enamoured with the fabric of the club and the culture atm. What do we stand for? Where are we going?

I doubt any club would take him any way, the game has gone past him.
Where's the lack of professionalism come from?

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 20, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I thought the exact same thing watching his rising star interview the other day. Sounds like he has never defended but he certainly has the smarts and is a neat user and would be a very good intercept of the footy! I feel could be in the mould of a Jeremy Howe. But then you rob Peter to pay Paul, losing that creative play that can create opportunities up forward. Healthy dilemma to have I guess

I think TT can do this role. Taylor seems better at winning his own ball in the forward line whereas TT just goes missing. We know he has elite skills and seems like a good decision maker with the ball in hand. Put him somewhere where is a risk of getting the pill more than 8 times a game.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Ziebell McMillan, both surplus, both liabilities because they are the players we are relying on to deliver and since they are mediocre at best, talented youngsters gets frustrated. Higgins is more than enough to lead the youngsters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
The two things that stand out in my mind is the reload in 2016 instead of rebuilding after the lose to Wet Toast in the prelim and our incredibly poor development record over the early and Mid Scott era that's lead to this situation.
Thankfully our development efforts seem to have improved greatly over the last few years with a number of new players that look to be on the right track.

Turn em, churn em or burn em!

I don't think trading A listers is the way to go, I think Brisbane and the Suns shows how quickly things can be turned around, Richmond had 6 five year plans without success.
We need to keep turning the list over, look at the teams that won the 96 and 99 flags and how many guys who played in 96 weren't there in 99, almost half the team changed in three years.
Either perform or go, there is no try.

Richmond isn’t a great example.

They traded a guy easily on the same standing at their club as Cunners, Ziebell in Deledio when they had to.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United

Pykie

Cancelled
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
Yep that's the one. The guy who wanted out of the club. Thanks for clarifying.

He agreed to leave after GWS offered a great deal and Richmond probably wanted the picks.

It was a Mitchell/Lewis, ‘best for both parties’ situation, not like Daniel Wells.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

The Ardent Army

All Australian
May 22, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Everton
We’ve seen enough from a dozen on the list at least - genuinely time to make the call and start again. What are we playing for now? The future is the only thing we have to look forward to.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back