Rumour Should the Crows go for Matt Scharenberg?

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd rather get games into our young defenders who aren't perennially injured.
I see the reasoning behind it, and I certainly wouldn't give him a senior list spot, but he has talent. When not injured he's better than Kelly

There's a chance he becomes a best 22 mainstay, at least. Would give him a shot provided there isn't a huge slider from the main draft

I see the reasoning behind it, and I certainly wouldn't give him a senior list spot, but he has talent. When not injured he's better than Kelly

There's a chance he becomes a best 22 mainstay, at least. Would give him a shot provided there isn't a huge slider from the main draft
We want a taller medium defender then draft Nick Stevens with a mid-late pick and we've got him for a decade or more....another that would likely have played stretches in the midfield this season if the NAB League went ahead. We are already well covered for depth in that area so no rush to to develop a youngster.

Doedee ?? A knee followed by a hamstring isn't uncommon..... 3 ACLs are though.
Doedee is a beast. He hasn’t worked out his over enthusiasm. So overstretches. VB being his mentor should calm him down and get him to go hard but not overdo it. Wether he’s a future captain or not doesn’t matter as long as he’s on the track which he always is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the gif, that’s fine, but expand.

In 5 years, he played 21 games for North. I think that speaks for itself? What's even more crazy is that NMFC chose him over the likes of Steele, Miller, Mclean, Langford and Daniel. I appreciate that Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he's just an average player at best. An incredibly overrated junior and you'd expect that he goes back to the SANFL or a DIV 1 team and dominates.

In 5 years, he played 21 games for North. I think that speaks for itself? What's even more crazy is that NMFC chose him over the likes of Steele, Miller, Mclean, Langford and Daniel. I appreciate that Hindsight is a wonderful thing but he's just an average player at best. An incredibly overrated junior and you'd expect that he goes back to the SANFL or a DIV 1 team and dominates.
Thanks that’s way better.

What does that even mean?
The mean as in the determination number. I don’t think majority of knees are done a second time on the opposite leg.
That is not the case imo. It is a recurrence more than a swap over.

The mean as in the determination number. I don’t think majority of knees are done a second time on the opposite leg.
That is not the case imo. It is a recurrence more than a swap over.

Unfortunately, this is not true.

There are numerous studies that show that the re-occurrence of an ACL is high and generally to be done on the contralateral knee are far greater than that of the identical knee. Now, yes. there are many different factors that can influence a second ACL such as treatment type / age group, sex/age and current activity level/treatment type but unfortunately, the overall data indicates the vast majority of people who do an ACL (not just elite athletes) are at a greater risk to do a second ACL on the contralateral knee.

There are numerous studies that show that the re-occurrence of an ACL is high and generally to be done on the contralateral knee are far greater than that of the identical knee. Now, there are many different factors that can influence a second ACL such as treatment type / age group, sex/age and current activity level/treatment type but unfortunately, the overall data indicates the vast majority of people who do an ACL (not just elite athletes) are at a greater risk to do a second ACL on the contralateral knee.
Does this study have exclusivity to AFL?

There are numerous studies that show that the re-occurrence of an ACL is high and generally to be done on the contralateral knee are far greater than that of the identical knee. Now, yes. there are many different factors that can influence a second ACL such as treatment type / age group, sex/age and current activity level/treatment type but unfortunately, the overall data indicates the vast majority of people who do an ACL (not just elite athletes) are at a greater risk to do a second ACL on the contralateral knee.

We've been here before. In dogs (not just Bulldogs), if an ACL is done at a certain time, then there is a 50% chance that the other one will go within 12 months. Clearly, there is some genetic/structural aspect. My Newfoundland did his right ACL several years ago, fixed for $4K. Happily, the other one has survived for now. However, I met a small dog recently who had just come out of hospital after his second ACL within 9 months (on the other side): a textbook case.

Of course, dogs aren't AFL players, and I'm not sure of the transferability of the conclusions, but I would hazard a guess that there are similarities. If I were a recruiter, I would be very wary of a youngster with an early ACL which occurred in unexceptional circumstances: there could be trouble ahead.
Of course, if a train-wreck type ACL accident occurred, then there would be no reason to expect an inherent weakness. Tex would be a case in point: it was painful watching his leg hit the ground at that angle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back