List Mgmt. Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

Should The Eagles Request A Priority Assistance Package at The End of This Year?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFLPA wants restricted free agency at 6 years and unrestricted at 8. We'll see when it happens. Probably just in time for Tasmania to come in and have the AFL throw in extras to get players there.

The new CBA runs until the end of 2027, aligning with Tassie entering the comp.

Any change to to FA years of service would be part of new CBA negotiations, so yes, you are spot on.

I know it’s simply not the way they operate, but I’d much rather an uncompromised draft and no concessions ever issued to an established team ever again. Would gladly eat s**t in 18th if it meant the league in general was in a better shape come draft time.

Now, as we both know, that ain’t happening so sure give us all the picks in the world. I will gladly have them. But if by some miracle this is the year they decide to reassess, I’m all for getting the bad end of a deal that forever untangles the shitshow that is the AFL’s draft, points, compo and priority pick situation.
I wish to concur! Especially new teams getting a luxury overdose of extra mayo...should earn their way, develop some real culture from struggle and adversity. Although it's not good to have real sh#t teams wallowing on the bottom or horrific blow outs like The Tweagles, would almost need a lower league like soccer. But the current situation is a farce.

I hate the idea of asking for assistance. It’s pathetic, however the assistance I would be asking for is the immediate removal of all priority picks in the future, all FA compensation to be removed and abolishing the discount on academy and father son players.
And that's not going to happen....so our options are to play the game that the rest of the league is playing or be too proud to ask for anything and fall further behind

So apparently this is the current priority system according to wiki.

To allow for this situation, a formula was developed that takes into account such factors as:

-premiership points that a club has received over a period of years (with greater weight to recent seasons),
-a club's percentage (points for/points against x 100) over a period of years (another indication of on-field competitiveness, with greater weight to recent seasons),
-any finals appearances that a club has made in recent seasons,
-any premierships that a club has won in recent seasons, and
-a club's injury rates in each relevant season.

To eliminate any perception of tanking, the formula for priority picks is kept confidential by the AFL Commission

I wonder how we stack up on those metrics. Particularly the 2018 flag and recent injury crisis. I would think they will give us something this year even if we didnt ask for it. North have been terrible for 5 years.

So apparently this is the current priority system according to wiki.

I wonder how we stack up on those metrics. Particularly the 2018 flag and recent injury crisis. I would think they will give us something this year even if we didnt ask for it. North have been terrible for 5 years.

I wonder how the AFL define “recent”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I hate the idea of asking for assistance. It’s pathetic, however the assistance I would be asking for is the immediate removal of all priority picks in the future, all FA compensation to be removed and abolishing the discount on academy and father son players.

So basically ask the AFL to take off every other club their advantages so it's even.

And you really think they would do that?

And sack all the fat cat mates who they pay to run this debarcle?

They won't do that either.

They have created a little welfare industry for themselves to operate and pull strings to get results they want. And pay themselves handsome salaries to manage it.

Why would AFL House change any of that? They are happy making money and bonuses 'managing' the game.

Historically clubs that had pick 1 in the draft would’ve had a second rounder at pick 17-19. Now it’s more like pick 30 with all the academies, F/S and priorities. That makes it very tough for WC to rebuild given we don’t benefit from any of those three categories. I don’t love the idea of priority picks but when there is already a lot of inequity in the system there needs to be some rebalancing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Spectacular incompetence of our club, coach and WAFC aside, the AFL can also go ekk itself with its equalisation and soft caps propping up basketcases at cost of destroying it grass roots. I'm not like others hereabouts thinking out "rebuild" is short term, this is ingrained now. Over to you, vAFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rhino and Xavier Ellis were talking about this on the hardball gets mailbag.

Rhino said he had previously spoken to a person high up at West Coast and they would NEVER apply for a priority pick.

I guess that’s, that.

Rhino said he had previously spoken to a person high up at West Coast and they would NEVER apply for a priority pick.

I guess that’s, that.
I think what the fans think will sway their view eventually if we speak loud enough. If we wallow at the bottom and watch others get assistance the voice of the people will get loud enough.

I think what the fans think will sway their view eventually if we speak loud enough. If we wallow at the bottom and watch others get assistance the voice of the people will get loud enough.

Not sure we will ask, and I think we can get through without it.

Another #1 MsD pick, hopefully we can pick up someone like a Busslinger or maybe Erasmus on the cheap, AFL might bring in pick purchasing next year, we could split pick 1 if the offers are there.

Try to get additional picks from Brissie or GCS who are looking for points etc.

Probably Nisbett
It would definately have been Nisbett. Or a Nisbett offsider/flunkie who was just saying that because they know that Nisbett would not tolerate them saying anything else.

It is such a bizarre mentality. Winning 5 games in two years with loads of triple digit floggings (including a 170 point loss) is not humiliating and doesn't warrant apologising to supporters at any stage, publicly criticising or trading out highly paid but underperforming players nor does it warrant sacking the coach or CEO (they had to be dragged by public opinion into eventually telling Nisbett to go) as far as the people who have been running the club were concerned. But asking for a Priority Pick is the mother of all humiliations and we couldn't live with the shame if we ever did it.

I can't speak for all supporters but i think an overwhelming majority would find the experience of the last 2 years dwarfs any embarassment or pin prick on our pride that would come from asking for a PP.

I guess that’s, that.

1. Nisbett is gone. So if it was Nisbett, well he is gone.

2. If it was pyke, can you imagine outrage if rhino said they were going to. Cornes would go all red like a pepper. You can’t say you will apply for one 2 games in, not to a friggin journo!

Not worried.

It would definately have been Nisbett. Or a Nisbett offsider/flunkie who was just saying that because they know that Nisbett would not tolerate them saying anything else.

It is such a bizarre mentality. Winning 5 games in two years with loads of triple digit floggings (including a 170 point loss) is not humiliating and doesn't warrant apologising to supporters at any stage, publicly criticising or trading out highly paid but underperforming players nor does it warrant sacking the coach or CEO (they had to be dragged by public opinion into eventually telling Nisbett to go) as far as the people who have been running the club were concerned. But asking for a Priority Pick is the mother of all humiliations and we couldn't live with the shame if we ever did it.

I can't speak for all supporters but i think an overwhelming majority would find the experience of the last 2 years dwarfs any embarassment or pin prick on our pride that would come from asking for a PP.

Not like we didn’t have a priority pick before hey!

Also he personally wouldn’t ask for one…but if it’s list manager then technically nisbett never asked for one.

You don’t “ask” for one, you “apply”. Not same thing.

Argh had a lot of politics to deal with today at work, my cynicism meter is reading record high at moment.

1. Nisbett is gone. So if it was Nisbett, well he is gone.

2. If it was pyke, can you imagine outrage if rhino said they were going to. Cornes would go all red like a pepper. You can’t say you will apply for one 2 games in, not to a friggin journo!

Not worried.
Kornes, in his segment with Duffield, actually seems to think we should get priority assistance, considering what Norf got last year.

Kornes, in his segment with Duffield, actually seems to think we should get priority assistance, considering what Norf got last year.

Cornes criticism is justified right down to anything Reid related. Thats just too far.

I don’t mind him giving a clip to club. If we are strong enough we can take. If we aren’t, then it’s a matter of time before turmoil.

On Reid it’s trying to manipulate a kid already to leave due to sheer jealousy.

Back