Should the GF be played at a Neutral venue?

Should the Grand Final be played at a Neutral Venue?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The 10K aren't all Gold, I am not aware of that breakdown.

But yes if it was a Dogs v Swans GF not as many AFL members who are fans of those competing clubs.

If you keep the existing entitlements, would find that about 40K would be to club members that are on the East coast.

Unless you can come up with a way of transportating that many people, a WA final ain't going to fly under a rotating model.
But that many nearly did have to fly from Perth to Melbourne in 2015.

Where was all the commotion then?

If that’s the case those AFL members should be banned, because it clearly states that the memberships are non transferable.

Also clearly states scalping is banned, but afl clubs are the biggest scalpers there are

The afl has zero interest in limiting the resale market

Considering that before the season starts people know where the grand final. People can hedge their bets if their team is doing well. Eagles and dockers fans do it all the time. Worst case you’re around a grand final or you can go visit the south west. There’s also a thing called driving, trains, flights via Bali. I don’t get how Brisbane’s airport could handle it but Perth’s couldn’t.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The clubs freaked when the afl looked at that. Reality is all use it as an income source selling them for thousands each. I find it funny how they do that one moment, and them complain about the poor fan allocation the next.

Thats modern footy though

So what. Give them a timeframe for when they’ll be gone. Same should be said with pokies. They can adapt.

So what. Give them a timeframe for when they’ll be gone. Same should be said with pokies. They can adapt.

And who will do that? Its against the law to scalp, but how often do cops prosecute? How often to ticketek report blokes buying scores of tickets in one go?

Its all words, and everyone involved in the transaction is pretty much happy for scalping to continue

How much free media did the gf get just based upom stories of richmond fans paying thousands for scalped tickets?

Also clearly states scalping is banned, but afl clubs are the biggest scalpers there are

The afl has zero interest in limiting the resale market

I abide by the rules so can the Victorian nuffy fans. I’ve been ID’d twice. What would have happened if it wasn’t me?

They should stop the resale market. Are they scared the game won’t sell out? Because it absolutely will.

I abide by the rules so can the Victorian nuffy fans. I’ve been ID’d twice. What would have happened if it wasn’t me?

They should stop the resale market. Are they scared the game won’t sell out? Because it absolutely will.

Off mem (i didnt pay much attention tbh) people were advising u go in sans bag on busy lines where they just try and get people in. They check, but its not ruthless. Fwiw i think mcc police it more

Not quite

As we saw with rfc last year, tigs supporters begged borrowed and stole afl memberships from non rfc friends.and family to get to the game

Naive tp think only attending club gold.members are the.ones who rock up
Yeah I saw the grand final telecast. It even stated during the game that they estimated 70% Richmond support.

People wouldn’t be so desperate to go if it cost thousands more to attend.

They really should have photo id on those memberships

Yeah I saw the grand final telecast. It even stated during the game that they estimated 70% Richmond support.

People wouldn’t be so desperate to go if it cost thousands more to attend.

They really should have photo id on those memberships

No bullshit, rfc supporters were paying $1-3k consistently for tickets, some up to $5k. Demand forced prices to crazy levels (i could have sold my three for $10k , which my wife wanted me to take)

Personally i hate the afl membership, because its direct competition to club memberships, but the afl love it.

Its why i have issues with people saying you ignore their number for a non melbourne gf. After corporates, thry are the seats the afl will protect most

The 10K aren't all Gold, I am not aware of that breakdown.

But yes if it was a Dogs v Swans GF not as many AFL members who are fans of those competing clubs.

If you keep the existing entitlements, would find that about 40K would be to club members that are on the East coast.

Unless you can come up with a way of transportating that many people, a WA final ain't going to fly under a rotating model.
So wa based afl members can attend

People forget how much disposable cash there is in wa

1300 $6000 a year access everything tickets sold out in two hours.

If we had a granny every 8 years you could knock $50 a person off the cost of the afl memberships in vic for that year and add a grand to the wa ones for that year for a cool 1.3 million dollars.

we could like - start afresh - where only a limited (1300) members get that - they will snap it up without a second thought - its petty cash to them.

And more tickets for fans of the clubs

Considering that before the season starts people know where the grand final. People can hedge their bets if their team is doing well. Eagles and dockers fans do it all the time. Worst case you’re around a grand final or you can go visit the south west. There’s also a thing called driving, trains, flights via Bali. I don’t get how Brisbane’s airport could handle it but Perth’s couldn’t.

Perth airport is completely and utterly underused since the end of the mining boom - there is zero problems with handling extra passengers and by the time the gf contract ends perth will have the population of melbourne circa 1992.

But that many nearly did have to fly from Perth to Melbourne in 2015.

Where was all the commotion then?
Nearly...it didn’t happen though. Again it would have been a shitfest for people in WA. Not sure what would happen...potentially people who actually get a ticket simply stuck in WA and unable to make it!

If you take into account home and away, there are 306 possible GF combinations.

Just two are a WA derby, likelihood of it happening is remote.

But on the other hand, there are 240 GF combinations ~ 80% that don’t include a WA team....so why would you schedule that in WA and create and absolute shitfest?

Only way a GF would be in WA is if it is a highest ranked team hosts situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Off mem (i didnt pay much attention tbh) people were advising u go in sans bag on busy lines where they just try and get people in. They check, but its not ruthless. Fwiw i think mcc police it more

Given, but at the same time, * that. I pay my membership so I can go to a grand final. I get no other benefit living in WA. I expect that those people who don’t use the ticket themselves and on sell it regardless if it’s for profit or not, should be banned.

Given, but at the same time, **** that. I pay my membership so I can go to a grand final. I get no other benefit living in WA. I expect that those people who don’t use the ticket themselves and on sell it regardless if it’s for profit or not, should be banned.

If hey got rid of those members and reduce the AFL members cap as these members are banned. That’s a bonus.

Given, but at the same time, **** that. I pay my membership so I can go to a grand final. I get no other benefit living in WA. I expect that those people who don’t use the ticket themselves and on sell it regardless if it’s for profit or not, should be banned.

In principle i dont disagree. Reality is if i missed out in the ballot in 2017 i would have hit the resale market without blinking.

No bullshit, rfc supporters were paying $1-3k consistently for tickets, some up to $5k. Demand forced prices to crazy levels (i could have sold my three for $10k , which my wife wanted me to take)

Personally i hate the afl membership, because its direct competition to club memberships, but the afl love it.

Its why i have issues with people saying you ignore their number for a non melbourne gf. After corporates, thry are the seats the afl will protect most

You’re saying this as though WCE fans weren’t doing the same. Imagine booking a flight, accommodation and not having a ticket. You’ve already spent more than what the price you were offered may as well finish it off. Re sale markets must stop!

You’re saying this as though WCE fans weren’t doing the same. Imagine booking a flight, accommodation and not having a ticket. You’ve already spent more than what the price you were offered may as well finish it off. Re sale markets must stop!

Fwiw i was planning on doing just that for our qualifer against adel or gws.

WA based Gold AFL members can attend if they want now.

Silver Club Support next cab off the rank pending their nominated team contesting with low demand.

But as I said, scrap AFL membership altogether and make them all club members.
Yeah but the point being wa members can attend at home without ailine/ hotel rapage

Kind of like what you take for granted

Side note, the AFL royally ****** up not hosting the grand final at Stadium Australia during the construction years. Let alone before it gets redeveloped

???
Stadium Australia had already undergone its own reconstruction that reduced its capacity to 82K for 2003 season.

GF of 02 had 90K people, 03 had 79.5K

Why shift it?

Fwiw i was planning on doing just that for our qualifer against adel or gws.
How much was your airline ticket?

I think one of the biggest drivers we have aside from unfair hga for us is how hard we get raped by airlines.

People flying to melbourne via the uk as its cheaper than a direct flight.

There is zero political will by the afl to change this.

Every time it happens the afl doesnt let out a single murmur - not one single bit of protest.

Why should they?

Its a victorian based organisation that, lets face it - is run for victorians

I bet you any fkkkn money - the week after a bunch of collingwood and essendon fans are screaming that THEY are getting dry rooted with no lube by the airlines. The afl will find the political will to do something.

THEN - they will lean on the airlines to cap gouging or threaten to organise charters or lean on the government to allow the many international carriers which have planes around - to be limited charters to the afl to take up slack.

A normal return flight per-mel-per should be capped at $800 for a gf weekend. The airlines still get their pound of flesh - but twice normal price - not 5 times.

People having to organise charters at 10k a head shouldnt have to happen because the airlines gave decided its more profitable to keep the flights down and the prices sky high.

And the only way it will ever happen is if the afl gets proactive - 30 years they have chosen to remain silent.

Ill bet a pineapple to a gold buck that it will become an important issue the moment victorians are incovenienced.

Yeah but the point being wa members can attend at home without ailine/ hotel rapage

Kind of like what you take for granted
WA accounts for just 10% of the National population.

The AFL is a National competition. It is in the interest of 90% of the National population to keep it in Melbourne over Perth.

WA accounts for just 10% of the National population.

The AFL is a National competition. It is in the interest of 90% of the National population to keep it in Melbourne over Perth.

Such a victorian poast.

Actually - i bet you a dollar to a dungheap any adelaide, port adelaide, sydney, gws, gc, etc etc

AND a good percentage of the small vic clubs supporters would rather it in perth.

Why?

Because they want to win the grand final more than they want to attend it - attending it is great - attending and losing is terrible

Attending and losing to a lower ranked tenant team is excrable.

Etihad is very similar to perth in dimensions - much closer than the g

Same same adelaide.

If you think st kilda supporters are all in love with the idea of playing collingwood or richmond on their home turf id say think again.

I think if they could play at adelaide oval - they would be over the moon.

Id furthermore say if the collingwood / saints gf had been held at ao or subi - the saints would be one premiership up and your mob one premiership down.

Sydney would back themselves in perth no worries at all.

Back