Should the Govt investigate the AFL & Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

If symptoms are shown - you must self isolate.

Are these not the rules? Or are sports stars special over everyone else?
Did they lose the sense of smell, taste?
Did they feel cold even after layering up and taking warm showers
Or did they just throw up and shat throw the eye of a needle?

Id argue Melbourne is more a 1st world prison - Adelaide has never ever looked so appealing

Adelaide has never been appealing.

I don't even like flying to Sydney or Melbourne from Perth, as even passing Adelaide at 30,000 feet has me reaching for anti-depressants.

When the Adelaide airport was upgraded, you will note it was built without a car park. That's because most people sold their car on the way to the airport, as they were never coming back.

Further plastic bags were banned in Adelaide, not for environmental reasons like the rest of the nation, but rather the suicide risk was simply too great.

Lastly ask anyone if they like Adelaide and on the rare occasion you get a "yes", ask them why and the answer will be the same.........the barossa, the flinders rangers, the clare valley, the mclaren vale etc etc. In reality they are saying leaving Adelaide is great! oh and Australia's only astronaut was from Adelaide, suggesting the further one can get away from Adelaide the better!

I thought it was already mentioned that it was gastro symptoms?

Hopefully the Cats players were past their infectious phase as far as the Demons are concerned.

I was thinking the same thing and I think that is why Chris Scott was very careful in his press conf not to give too much away but if they can let in an unknown virus into the club environment - this could easily have been covid which could've easily led to cancellation of the prelim and potentially season over.

I'm assuming all players/officials and close contacts are operating under bubble type regulations?

Not in WA, see the Cats post quarantine, post footy, its the life they hope to live when Dan lifts the lockdown, whenever/whatever that magic % is.

Adelaide has never been appealing.

I don't even like flying to Sydney or Melbourne from Perth, as even passing Adelaide at 30,000 feet has me reaching for anti-depressants.

When the Adelaide airport was upgraded, you will note it was built without a car park. That's because most people sold their car on the way to the airport, as they were never coming back.

Further plastic bags were banned in Adelaide, not for environmental reasons like the rest of the nation, but rather the suicide risk was simply too great.

Lastly ask anyone if they like Adelaide and on the rare occasion you get a "yes", ask them why and the answer will be the same.........the barossa, the flinders rangers, the clare valley, the mclaren vale etc etc. In reality they are saying leaving Adelaide is great! oh and Australia's only astronaut was from Adelaide, suggesting the further one can get away from Adelaide the better!

My wife agrees with you 100%. So much so that, when offered an all expenses paid trip to the GP back then, she told me to take a mate (male) - had a ball, I love the place.

But if any symptoms are being shown- they are not self isolating, they're playing a game of football? In a stadium full of thousands...

So why not spare us the bullshit sanitary precautions taken by the AFL when all these players are playing instead of self isolating? Why not spare us the bullshit paid govt endorsed posts to get the Jab - when they're such full of sh*t themselves? Richmond just released a little insta post themselves yesterday asking me to get the jab.

Seems to me like there are one set of rules for people with a profile, and one set of rules for us.

But because people are so stupid, we will defend a big corporation whilst regular people can't even exit their home at 9.30pm because Covid will magically enter their bodies at 9.01pm
OK so you have pointed out a double standard, which has a tenuous link at best but you are suggesting a authoritarian course of action that inconveniences even more people instead of literally self reporting your own freedom status to be given back.

Why are Australians are a bunch of overly compliant cucks?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, according to the reports Geelong presented their issue to the AFL etc ahead of the match and were cleared to play.

If there were to be an investigation it would be in to who gave the tick of approval for them to play - so leave the club out of it ;)

The virus excuse bullshit and probably hyperbole to cover the teams woeful display, and it was woeful, trust me I've seen more than my fair share.

The real story is one player got some aches n pains 3 days before the game.
Dangerfield?

They had gastro and got a negative covid test.

Having gastro and COVID is obviously on completely opposite ends of the scale but even this now raises an interesting issue.

If half a team has gastro and given how contagious it can be, should anyone who has had it be allowed to play that week? The weeks bye makes the discussion a bit irrelevant but imagine they didn’t have that and a group of Melbourne players picked it up for the GF.

It’s not quite so hyperbolic as the OP suggests but an interesting point in this new health conscious environment we are now in.

If Melbourne's players fall ill over the next week or so this story will become a real talking point
If it was a gastro virus or something like that, it's entirely possible the Melbourne players caught it during the prelim.

So we know it's not covid-19 since the players are being tested so frequently, but what's the non-covid procedure if a player has a contagious infection? I'd assume the rule is the player puts up their hand for selection and they are selected, and another player catches it, then too bad.

If this virus is real (and I doubt it is), you'd be pretty filthy as a Dees fan if you lost a grand final due to a bug your side caught off the losing prelim team. But injuries have cost many a club a premiership over the years.

Not many if any were during the season. I gather they have been told to wait till season is done
you'll never get the truth no matter....Doctor-Patient confidentiality reigns,its law,i dont care what figures may or may not come out in regards to player %
because that privacy law will be adhered to by those who stand in it and enforce it and i can guarantee the AFL or Governments will never ever mention
the % of the public or footballers who choose to stand by the law over a direction,by a CHO of all people who has absolutely no say as to what you can do with your body...not in a zillion years will that data get a pimple of a mention....so any figures released are all misleading as far as im concerned

If it was a gastro virus or something like that, it's entirely possible the Melbourne players caught it during the prelim.

So we know it's not covid-19 since the players are being tested so frequently, but what's the non-covid procedure if a player has a contagious infection? I'd assume the rule is the player puts up their hand for selection and they are selected, and another player catches it, then too bad.

If this virus is real (and I doubt it is), you'd be pretty filthy as a Dees fan if you lost a grand final due to a bug your side caught off the losing prelim team. But injuries have cost many a club a premiership over the years.
PCR test have already been labelled inaccurate due to the fact that it cant distinguish btwn common cold and the so called virus,theyre being dumped
by 31st december 2021,why they are still being used has got me f^^^d ?:think::think: of course i know its about money,what else could it be:poo::poo:

I'm not sure of Cotchins location, but I did see him on the news a few nights back doing some four'n'twenty promotional thing. If in Victoria I don't think it is one of the 5 permitted reasons to leave home.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back