Should the Govt investigate the AFL & Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 2, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Brothers of Destruction
Screenshot_20210914-080131_Samsung Internet.jpg

So these mofo's disinfect goal posts in bee-keeper outfits yet a large portion of Geelong players infected with a virus and they were allowed to play? ... with a crowd at the game?

They get tested for Covid, i know, you don't need to remind me with the next 10 comments Geelong supporters who will blindly follow whatever your club does, it could be Richmond and id ask the same question - but the rules are - if you're showing SYMPTOMS - you get tested and self isolate.

So what's the go here? We can't go within 10kms of home but we allow this s**t to go without issue cause they're footy players and we love footy?

Questions should be asked, but they won't. Cause there are low security prison rules for regular people like you and I, but our prime minister can fly on a private jet funded by our dollars to have a little Father's Day holiday 😊

View attachment 1235210

So these mofo's disinfect goal posts in bee-keeper outfits yet a large portion of Geelong players infected with a virus and they were allowed to play? ... with a crowd at the game?

They get tested for Covid, i know, you don't need to remind me with the next 10 comments Geelong supporters who will blindly follow whatever your club does, it could be Richmond and id ask the same question - but the rules are - if you're showing SYMPTOMS - you get tested and self isolate.

So what's the go here? We can't go within 10kms of home but we allow this sh*t to go without issue cause they're footy players and we love footy?

Questions should be asked, but they won't. Cause there are low security prison rules for regular people like you and I, but our prime minister can fly on a private jet funded by our dollars to have a little Father's Day holiday 😊

If they get tested all the time, and therefore know the virus isn't COVID-19, what's your specific concern?

If symptoms are shown - you must self isolate.

Are these not the rules? Or are sports stars special over everyone else?

You must self-isolate until you get a negative test.

If they're tested daily, they'd have received a negative test telling them it's not COVID-19 right?

Unless of course they tested and know what the symptoms are?

Do you know if they did this or not?

But if any symptoms are being shown- they are not self isolating, they're playing a game of football? In a stadium full of thousands...

So why not spare us the bullshit sanitary precautions taken by the AFL when all these players are playing instead of self isolating? Why not spare us the bullshit paid govt endorsed posts to get the Jab - when they're such full of s**t themselves? Richmond just released a little insta post themselves yesterday asking me to get the jab.

Seems to me like there are one set of rules for people with a profile, and one set of rules for us.

But because people are so stupid, we will defend a big corporation whilst regular people can't even exit their home at 9.30pm because Covid will magically enter their bodies at 9.01pm

But if any symptoms are being shown- they are not self isolating, they're playing a game of football? In a stadium full of thousands...

So why not spare us the bullshit sanitary precautions taken by the AFL when all these players are playing instead of self isolating?

But because people are so stupid, we will defend a big corporation whilst regular people can't even exit their home at 9.30pm because Covid will magically enter their bodies at 9.01pm
But if they tested and know that the symptoms were cold or flu germs, would that be ok?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So why not spare us the bullshit sanitary precautions taken by the AFL when all these players are playing instead of self isolating? Why not spare us the bullshit paid govt endorsed posts to get the Jab - when they're such full of sh*t themselves? Richmond just released a little insta post themselves yesterday asking me to get the jab.

Seems to me like there are one set of rules for people with a profile, and one set of rules for us.

In Qld it’s only normal people like you and me who can get or transmit the virus , if you’re a sports person or wag you are immune apperently

there are plenty of inconsistencies with the AFL still going on during COVID

masks on in the coaches box, and when singing the song (WTF?) but inbetween there is a 2 hour battle between 42 blokes smashing each other

Luke Beveridge shaking hands with people in the crowd on Saturday night after the Dogs weren't even allowed to train at the ground? What is the point of that?

Dogs players getting to celebrate with beers and chant after winning - I get why, I just want to be able to do that too

(looks like i'm having a go at Dogs but it's just they are the most recent example - always been happening)

However, inspite of that, and the bullshit double standards that's being going on, assuming Geelong have been regularly been tested for COVID and showing negative, I don't think that this particular double standard is the one that would annoy me the most

I do think that if you're going to run with the 'a virus ran through the team' reason for a poor performance, in the middle of a pandemic, it's probably on the club/afl to provide a bit more info. If not covid, then what was it? How did it happen - did someone break protocol?
Better than my words - thanks

I do think that if you're going to run with the 'a virus ran through the team' reason for a poor performance, in the middle of a pandemic, it's probably on the club/afl to provide a bit more info. If not covid, then what was it? How did it happen - did someone break protocol?
I was thinking the same thing and I think that is why Chris Scott was very careful in his press conf not to give too much away but if they can let in an unknown virus into the club environment - this could easily have been covid which could've easily led to cancellation of the prelim and potentially season over.

I'm assuming all players/officials and close contacts are operating under bubble type regulations?

The whole thing seems very strange. Six players are quoted as having virus symptoms on Friday, but not before. How do you get a virus in a COVID world of isolation etc? Then let’s say the players had gastro because they all ate a salmonella pie for breakfast on Friday. After the team was announced. Reported as “virus sweeping through the team.” Yet we get to Saturday and no changes to the team, even peripheral role players like Close who could be easily replaced without unsettling the team too much are retained.

The way it was reported just doesn’t seem to follow from the known facts. Six players report virus like symptoms a day prior to the game. Yet no reports of self isolation etc. No reports of the AFL considering calling the game off. No action from Geelong to alter their team. No clear report of what caused these “virus like symptoms.” Just team plays like s**t again then there are reports a “virus” swept through the team. At least in 2018 Astbury had the decency to spend a couple of days in hospital on a drip in the week leading up to the PF when he suffered gastro. 😳

Remove this Banner Ad

Back