Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
I dont click on much online these days but it's not hard to stumble over somone complaining about umpire's mistakes during saturday's game. In the Pies' case, I've heard a lot of complaints in the past about sheperding and knock-ons outside the boundary and goals being called points. Of course, last week was the playing advantage gripe...

Is it time to make an evaluation by an expert panel a day or two after a game, to work out if the grand final should be replayed the following saturday? Maybe we could retrospectively do a few grand finals from the past and get the combatants to line up again and replay the wayne harmes grand final, for example. Obviously, a few of the players might have died and been buried or worse still, cremated, so we might have to make it 15 a side.... It could be a great money-spinner for the AFL and give a few old guys a few bucks in their retirement.

I've got it on replay right now.

But you make a good point Mark. Perhaps the replay should be decided on Mad Monday, when the real skill is actually still being able to see the ball let alone kick it, and most of the contents will be decided by wrestling, sprints to the toilet and beer pong.

I dont click on much online these days but it's not hard to stumble over somone complaining about umpire's mistakes during saturday's game. In the Pies' case, I've heard a lot of complaints in the past about sheperding and knock-ons outside the boundary and goals being called points. Of course, last week was the playing advantage gripe...

Is it time to make an evaluation by an expert panel a day or two after a game, to work out if the grand final should be replayed the following saturday? Maybe we could retrospectively do a few grand finals from the past and get the combatants to line up again and replay the wayne harmes grand final, for example. Obviously, a few of the players might have died and been buried or worse still, cremated, so we might have to make it 15 a side.... It could be a great money-spinner for the AFL and give a few old guys a few bucks in their retirement.
Maybe change the title to "should the grand final be enjoyed?"

I've got it on replay right now.

But you make a good point Mark. Perhaps the replay should be decided on Mad Monday, when the real skill is actually still being able to see the ball let alone kick it, and most of the contents will be decided by wrestling, sprints to the toilet and beer pong.

or we could get david king to make all the decisions and plug them into a chatgpt for the answer..

Summer is long

You have more of these OPs in you

summer is long but there are limits to my inspiration...

I have a problem solvers mind and i often get answers to difficult problems suddenly appearing in my brain. I have no control over it. I must admit that it was sparked by discussions of mistakes by goal umpires, where there was a suggestion that we could wind back to the game if a mistake had been indentified but somehow the game had gone on.

The simple and consistent answer is to "wind back" the game in ALL circumstances....so we should wind back the harmes game and gets all the players together and replay the rest of the game after the mistake is corrected. And of course with the Rocca non-goal. Bucks would make a fine 50+ captain and I'm sure the rest of the boys would be up to having another crack...

summer is long but there are limits to my inspiration...

I have a problem solvers mind and i often get answers to difficult problems suddenly appearing in my brain. I have no control over it. I must admit that it was sparked by discussions of mistakes by goal umpires, where there was a suggestion that we could wind back to the game if a mistake had been indentified but somehow the game had gone on.

The simple and consistent answer is to "wind back" the game in ALL circumstances....so we should wind back the harmes game and gets all the players together and replay the rest of the game after the mistake is corrected. And of course with the Rocca non-goal. Bucks would make a fine 50+ captain and I'm sure the rest of the boys would be up to having another crack...

Browny and Bucks are in fine shape

Poor Vossy looks like a spayed dog

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back