Should the rules be changed to make Marlion Pickett eligible for the Rising Star this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this the bay?

I like the rising star for young kids. Maybe there should be a separate award for best first year player or best mature age recruit (the Tim Kelly award) or something. Either way lord Pickett would be ineligible for such awards in 2020 as he's already debuted......voted 3rd best on ground in the grand final from memory ;)

I'm actually in disbelief that this thread wasn't started by a Richmond supporter.

Edit: But comments like this make me question that it's not one in disguise....
I'm a Richmond supporter and I don't think the criteria should be changed.

I see the rising star award as a precursor to a talented player who hopefully be a very good player to watch over the next 10 years.

For a player at age 28 they are likely to be in the system for 3-4 years before they retire.

I’ve actually changed my mind on this.

I agree. The Rising Star should be opened up for everyone.

While we are at it.

The Norm Smith.

Can we also change the rules on this so Jarrod Witts is eligible to win the Norm Smith this yr .
Actually Jarrod Witts is eligible to win this years Norm Smith or Normie to his friends until that point in the season
where everyone realises Gold Coast cannot mathematically make finals again.

call it what you want, its for youth.
I was only going by the wording for this thread. It didn't see where it's called anything but rising star...no mention of youth.
Perhaps you could get the name of the thread changed to Rising Star for Youth.
And should Marlion be eligible, you betcha.

No, there has been a ton of mature age players over the years that deserved it but couldn't because of their age i.e Tim Kelly. It would be an injustice to those players to change the rules now.

It takes a special skill for a West Coast supporter to contribute to a troll thread about Richmond and somehow still bring up an Eagles player :rolleyes:

He's 29 next Jan... so no.

It's for the best young player aged 20 and under. If anything I'd say raise that to 21, but that's as far as I'd go.

If he's good enough, he should instead strive for a Brownlow/Norm Smith/Jack Dyer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It takes a special skill for a West Coast supporter to contribute to a troll thread about Richmond and somehow still bring up an Eagles player :rolleyes:

Or perhaps he just stands out as being one of the best 1st year players in a long time and was the first person who came to mind?

Why are Tigers fans always trying to derail threads into WC Tigers s**t fights. My god man, give it a rest.

I was only going by the wording for this thread. It didn't see where it's called anything but rising star...no mention of youth.
Perhaps you could get the name of the thread changed to Rising Star for Youth.
And should Marlion be eligible, you betcha.

Pickett has to be the most hyped 1 game player in AFL history.

Or perhaps he just stands out as being one of the best 1st year players in a long time and was the first person who came to mind?

Why are Tigers fans always trying to derail threads into WC Tigers s**t fights. My god man, give it a rest.

...says the West Coast supporters who feels the need to make repeated comments on EVERY Richmond thread. 6 comments in this thread in the first 4 pages for example.

It’s like you’re obsessed with the Tiges mate :rolleyes:

Everyone can agree that JCG is trolling— why do you need to mention Tim Kelly??

Actually Jarrod Witts is eligible to win this years Norm Smith or Normie to his friends until that point in the season
where everyone realises Gold Coast cannot mathematically make finals again.

You and I are two of the few posters on this thread and indeed site who actually understand what we're talking about here.

What’s your intention(s) with this post? It’s completely unnecessary and pathetic.

Tenny is still psychologically damaged from North doing with Dusty what Richmond did to Tom Lynch and Dion Prestia et al.

He goes around making up crap about Tarryn Thomas, and the latest is Ziebell and Thomas had some falling out at training - naturally Thomas is going to the Tiges as well.

I mean, they've won two flags since the Dusty thing but still are going on about it.

They are a Small Club mentally, even if they are big club in numbers.

Their campaign to change the rules for Pickett to get the Rising Star proves it even more.

Tenny is still psychologically damaged from North doing with Dusty what Richmond did to Tom Lynch and Dion Prestia et al.

He goes around making up crap about Tarryn Thomas, and the latest is Ziebell and Thomas had some falling out at training - naturally Thomas is going to the Tiges as well.

I mean, they've won two flags since the Dusty thing but still are going on about it.

Their campaign to change the rules for Pickett to get the Rising Star proves it even more.
Your obsession is strong....

Firstly, who are you?

Secondly, I’m not sure if you read the North board but literally everything I have said about Ziebell/Thomas has been corroborated by ITK and prolific posters on your board, so perhaps call out your own before you worry about someone you don’t know. You also forgot to mention I called Cunnington will be in the leadership group two days before it was announced, something you should’ve noticed whilst stalking me :)

Thirdly, how is Dusty similar to Lynch and Prestia? Dusty re-signed with his club, Lynch and Prestia didn’t. All I can take from that is that Richmond are capable of signing their targets and retaining their star players while North Melbourne and Gold Coast aren’t.

Lastly, this thread is about superstar Marlion Pickett, so stay on topic. It wouldn’t surprise me if Pickett outperforms every North Melbourne midfielder this season. He has X factor, class and poise, something your one dimensional meat grinder midfield severely lacks.

Anyway, here’s a photo of Marlion with a premiership medallion after one game:

8BA03865-E97B-47BB-98BD-E592F8149F01.jpeg

It must burn seeing that.

Richmond the greatest team in the game's history, essentially unbeatable, so doubt he'll lose form.
Honestly I'm glad someone finally gets it.

Regarding Pickett and eligibility- no don't change the rules. The spirit of the award for rising star is a young, upcoming player. I don't think anyone that starts the season over 23 and 6 months should be eligible. Keep it as intended, to acknowledge the bright youth.

I don't know the current age rules but I wouldn't raise them, I would only keep them or lowering but I think under 22/23 is fine.

Honestly I'm glad someone finally gets it.

Regarding Pickett and eligibility- no don't change the rules. The spirit of the award for riding star is a young, upcoming player. I don't think anyone that starts the season over 23 and 6 months should be eligible. Keep it as intended, to acknowledge the bright youth.

If it is for young players, then the games played element should be removed IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back