Puddy

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ade.Utd.SOCCER club
the show has been around for years and the new episodes are not even remotely funny. In fact, the majority of them are terrible. The Simpsons are not what they used to be and i feel that it is better for them to go out with some respect instead of drowning in mediocrity.

Season 9 was the last truly good season. The rest have just been made because everyone involved wants to whore out The Simpsons for as much money as they can get.

It's really a shame. I think RoosterLad (I think it was him) described it right when he said the divide between seasons 1-9 and 10+ as being like two different shows.

Doesnt deserve the indignity of being cancelled. As bad as the second half has gotten, you cant forget just how good the first half of its life was.

It should be wound up however.

It most definitely should be cancelled. The show is a shadow of it's former self and the writers should have realised that fact a long time ago.

The vast majority of the writers from the early/glory days have long since left the show. Executive producers Matt Groening and James L. Brooks (who are either money hungry or just in denial about the show's massive slide) are the ones who should shoulder the blame for not wrapping it up.

The vast majority of the writers from the early/glory days have long since left the show. Executive producers Matt Groening and James L. Brooks (who are either money hungry or just in denial about the show's massive slide) are the ones who should shoulder the blame for not wrapping it up.
The Simpsons went to s**t when Groening left to do Futurama. Coincidence?

the show has been around for years and the new episodes are not even remotely funny. In fact, the majority of them are terrible. The Simpsons are not what they used to be and i feel that it is better for them to go out with some respect instead of drowning in mediocrity.

too late. seriously, I don't even bother with the show anymore. I don't think I have seen a single episode this year

It won't get cancelled as the show is still rating and making shitloads of money.
It's a pity but as Troy Mclure said the Simpsons will be getting into adventures until the show becomes unprofitable which is probably a fair way off.

I've watched the show religously for the 1st 6 or 7 seasons and spasmodically since then.

Should it be cancelled? Not sure.

No doubt the recent seasons have probably gone to chit but I have 2 views on it:

1st) "We've Had Our Fill"... sounds like most of you have watched it from the get go... and it has been on TV now here for about 15 years. If you have watched it that long, from season 1 to now, and watched lots of repeats... then by now you have probably had your fill. Your SOH has probably become more "immune" to whatever The Simpsons throws at you. Sure the quality has gone downhill, but with all our Simpsons viewing and immunity to it... it seems even worse... This leads me to the next viewpoint:

2nd) Younger and newer viewers should have the chance to watch it. Maybe they should move the timeslot to mornings or late afternoons... but The Simpson >>>>>>> any other cartoon today. A whole generation of kids who are being exposed to it should have the chance to "Get Their Fill". Let them come in and see the crappy 19th, 20th,... Xth season and be entertained. They will be happy with the later crud... then years later see the earlier gold seasons and love it.

Ok, convinced myself now that NO it shouldn't be cancelled... just moved from PrimeTime to KidsTime tv.
Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol at family guy or american dad being better than the simpsons in there prime. Dont come close.

South Park is a completely different style of show

I dont watch the new episodes much I may watch maybe 3 a year and I am a simpsons addict like many people on here it seems.

It started going downhill in season 10 imo where there were still some funny parts but you could see the standards slipping. until it eventually became a shadow of its former self.

they should of cancelled it after season 11 imo.

The Simpsons doesn't deserve to be cancelled, but I think the light at the end of the tunnel is nearing.

Fox have them contracted for 3 more years, and I reckon that might be the right time for Groening and co. to wrap it up.

I reckon the Simpsons said it best themselves

Bart: Hey, I know it wasn’t great, but what right do you have to complain?
Comic Book Guy: As a loyal viewer, I feel they owe me.
Bart: What? They’re giving you thousands of hours of entertainment for free. What could they possibly owe you? If anything, you owe them.
Comic Book Guy: Worst episode ever.

I feel that after all the laughs provided by the Matt Groening etc they have earned the right to run the show until it is no longer profitable no matter how bad the episodes get.

If no one watches thier show or buys the tons of crappy merchandice available (Simpsons Wrestling anyone?) the show becomes unprofitable and gets canned. As much as the fans owe the show for many laughs and fond memories the show owes the fans just as much. It works both ways. I always felt like that exchange was one of the biggest FU's ever given to any fan base.

Bullshit.

South Park, American Dad! and Family Guy are all easily better.

Agreed!! They are quality and I need to watch new episodes as soon as they come out. I hardly ever watch The Simpsons now. As for comments about "The Simpsons were better in their prime"... who cares? They suck now, whereas the other shows are quality.

As for whether I said Seasons 1-9 and 10+ were completely different shows, I honestly can't remember if I said that or not but I'll happily take the credit. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back