Should we adopt this at our games - THE VIKING CLAP -

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no idea why you posted this. But I'm glad you did.

To answer the OP, absolutely not.
Next time Uber Roo has the boys in the car a little under the weather:

"RRR-Hoo-tang clan ain't nothing to * wit'."

It could be awesome.

It was ok when the Icelandic crowd did it after winning some soccer game but it’s embarrassing watching others do it, almost cultural appropriation.

The Canberra Raiders fans do in the NRL. Kids love it. It makes a great atmosphere. It’s fun.

The idea that cultures should be strictly delineated silos lest we “appropriate” each other is about the silliest idea of modern left wing thought. Cultural exchange, imitation and fusion is a beautiful thing that truly expresses the best of our humanity. You sound so joyless. I’m sorry for you.

The Canberra Raiders fans do in the NRL. Kids love it. It makes a great atmosphere. It’s fun.

The idea that cultures should be strictly delineated silos lest we “appropriate” each other is about the silliest idea of modern left wing thought. Cultural exchange, imitation and fusion is a beautiful thing that truly expresses the best of our humanity. You sound so joyless. I’m sorry for you.
The Canberra Raiders can get away with it because they've had a Viking on their logo since they were formed in 1982 and their mascot is Victor the Viking. Also Bruce Stadium is as cold as Icelandic snow storm during winter, worst place in the world to watch footy.

1644356496627.jpeg

It would be a stupid idea for us embrace it.

Last edited:
I'd prefer this is done to any opposition supporters sitting in our members area.

Can not stand it. I HATE opposition supporters in Members bays. Those areas are where we can say and do what we like without some deadshit in a Bulldogs beanie standing up and clapping goals in our area and me wanting to piff pies at their head.

If you bring oppo supporters into our members bays you're an a-hole. I would never do it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back