List Mgmt. Should we ask the AFL for a Priority Pick?

Should we ask for a Priority Pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Seedsman is only 29. Not sure why you have him close to retirement like Tex.

More likely Talia, Mackay, Lynch & even Brown with his injuries.

Next year might not be a contract year for Seed. Highly doubtful he backs up this year's form with the security of 2 years. And he's not alone, across the league's player base, contract years are routinely outliers compared to the earlier years. He's got one guaranteed through his trigger, if we want him to repeat this year we'd put a premium on his value and leave it at one. Let's say he's after $500k x 2 years, I'd offer him $700k x 1. If you don't want to back yourself in for another year like this one and would prefer to earn a little bit more over 2, then we wish you all the best.

Last edited:
We need to be asking now for one, we won’t get it this year but it sets up one for next year. 3 poor years in a row will almost demand one.
we only got wins due to Tex turning in some great performance, when Tex was out we couldn’t even score. One year older and who knows what the Texan will be like plus Sloane being awful. After all these years of watching other clubs get them, it’s our turn.

The bit about Tex and not scoring isn't true. When he's been out the last 2 years our conversion of inside 50s to scores actually improves slightly. Not by an amount that's in any way meaningful except to disprove the belief that the forward 50 somehow turns to absolute s**t without him, it's simply not borne out by the facts. But you're right that with him in ordinary form, there's a couple of early wins that are losses.

The bit about Tex and not scoring isn't true. When he's been out the last 2 years our conversion of inside 50s to scores actually improves slightly. Not by an amount that's in any way meaningful except to disprove the belief that the forward 50 somehow turns to absolute sh*t without him, it's simply not borne out by the facts. But you're right that with him in ordinary form, there's a couple of early wins that are losses.
Well with a few more early loses. We’d be bottom and against Essendon with out him, we were awful. I do wonder if the future improves though if Fog, Himmelberg and Thilthorpe playing most game could we develop them quicker?
my opinion is Fog and Himmelberg have the talent to make it as a solid players, hope Thilthorpe will star. Only problem is Himmelberg seems to keep reaching for the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him and Fog need to improve his agility and strength in marking contests.
The scores are very difficult because we have no small and medium quality forwards. Smalls like Rowe and Murphy are inexperienced and lack crumping skills. Medium is Lynch or bust as I can’t believe how poor MacAdam has become in so little time and we really only have Lynch.

Id say the Suns will get a priority pick after todays game. The AFL can not do enough for this hopeless club.
No chance

Teams woth 6 wins dknt get priority picks

This year the bottom 3-4 teams have won more games then any previous seasons

There is absolutely no chance any team will reciece a priority pick this year

AFL will help.Suns by getting Clarko to the GC

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

No chance

Teams woth 6 wins dknt get priority picks

This year the bottom 3-4 teams have won more games then any previous seasons

There is absolutely no chance any team will reciece a priority pick this year

AFL will help.Suns by getting Clarko to the GC

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely. As it stands right now we are 12 points outside the top 8 with 3 games to play..that is on a simple look 3 wins so without looking at who plays who it is mathematically possible to still make the top 8...no chance in hell that a team still in that position would qualify for one

Absolutely. As it stands right now we are 12 points outside the top 8 with 3 games to play..that is on a simple look 3 wins so without looking at who plays who it is mathematically possible to still make the top 8...no chance in hell that a team still in that position would qualify for one
We should ask for it, publicly, anyway. Puts a bit of pressure on them, and maybe means we might get some extra herbs and spices on any FA compo.

Next year might not be a contract year for Seed. Highly doubtful he backs up this year's form with the security of 2 years. And he's not alone, across the league's player base, contract years are routinely outliers compared to the earlier years. He's got one guaranteed through his trigger, if we want him to repeat this year we'd put a premium on his value and leave it at one. Let's say he's after $500k x 2 years, I'd offer him $700k x 1. If you don't want to back yourself in for another year like this one and would prefer to earn a little bit more over 2, then we wish you all the best.
This is not a bad plan.
Leaving aside Seed being 29, is there still a policy at the club about one year contracts after 30?

Well with a few more early loses. We’d be bottom and against Essendon with out him, we were awful. I do wonder if the future improves though if Fog, Himmelberg and Thilthorpe playing most game could we develop them quicker?
my opinion is Fog and Himmelberg have the talent to make it as a solid players, hope Thilthorpe will star. Only problem is Himmelberg seems to keep reaching for the ball instead of waiting for it to come to him and Fog need to improve his agility and strength in marking contests.
The scores are very difficult because we have no small and medium quality forwards. Smalls like Rowe and Murphy are inexperienced and lack crumping skills. Medium is Lynch or bust as I can’t believe how poor MacAdam has become in so little time and we really only have Lynch.
The Essendon game... The 2021 low water mark. IMO

Back