Should we be asking the AFL for a GWS/Sydney followed up by Gold Coast/Brisbane July fixture on a pe

Remove this Banner Ad

As with anything, if Essendon, Collingwood or Carlton ask for it they will be prioritized ahead of us.

Being serious though, we do it once every few years, anymore than that it could lose it value.

They should ask for GWS, gc, bris. Back to back to back.
Get 3 away games done and dusted, and let the boys and families have 2 weeks in the sun :)

Might also help us be a destination club.
"Hey Hun, if you go to Geelong then you, me, and the kids get to have two weeks in the sun every winter. :)

They should ask for GWS, gc, bris. Back to back to back.
Get 3 away games done and dusted, and let the boys and families have 2 weeks in the sun :)

Might also help us be a destination club.
"Hey Hun, if you go to Geelong then you, me, and the kids get to have two weeks in the sun every winter. :)

Can't see how this is a bad idea seriously though the players would love it and i think the amount of cats fans who would travel for at least the last two game of that block could increase attendances at those games by at least 10% if not more

I said this years ago for the WA teams. Tougher teams etc. but Geelong always had a good supporter over in WA and the balance between being away from home V the travel..... but Suns Lions back to back could work well. We would have to be careful about requesting this ..as it could give the AFL defacto permission to give us more interstate games.
The bonus too could be from a supporter pov. If you package it supporters may may a holiday up there for a week.

I said this years ago for the WA teams. Tougher teams etc. but Geelong always had a good supporter over in WA and the balance between being away from home V the travel..... but Suns Lions back to back could work well. We would have to be careful about requesting this ..as it could give the AFL defacto permission to give us more interstate games.
The bonus too could be from a supporter pov. If you package it supporters may may a holiday up there for a week.
I can see it now Geelong's equivalent of the Barmy Army.

As with anything, if Essendon, Collingwood or Carlton ask for it they will be prioritized ahead of us.
Yeah. Now its out there, Eddie and the others will be feverishly lobbying the powers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back