Should we be concerned about the bullying of Tom Browne on channel 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh how sad, a journalist copping a little bit of banter. Please.. the knob's job is to spin stories to suit an agenda to try and destroy people. The blokes a piece of s**t

The channel seven commentary and coverage is a disgrace. How do you get away from it though, if your team is playing and want to watch. Obviously watch it thru Foxtel and it cuts all the pre game and post game, even then Foxtel has it’s own problems. Muting it is weird. Tried the radio/tv, same morons.

7 have become so bad i've actually gotten used to having the games on mute if i'm watching the 7 feed through Foxtel.
They are a terrible tv station and they completely ruin every single sport that they broadcast.

Are the people in this thread for real? BT vs Browne is scripted.

It is staged not scripted, Tom would have to be reading off his phone if it was scripted.

Why does anyone expect better from Channel 7? They are classless and always have been.

Just for a start the special comments team includes a woman basher and a drug cheat and they subject us to a caller who commentates in a disturbingly fetishistic and homoerotic manner.

Why is anyone surprised that they bully a special needs adult in a scheduled segment every week?

Are the people in this thread for real? BT vs Browne is scripted.

Yep. Might have happened organically once, but every time after has had plenty of mustard on it and I have no doubt the Channel 7 producers are the ones squeezing the bottle.

did you miss the incident where FoxFooty showed 'highlights' Cale Hooker? One where Hooker was trailing Buddy in that goal (Jordan Lewis was on the couch at the time) and another highlight where Hooker was rag dolled in a game versus Brisbane Lions in one of his first couple of seasons (Johnathan Brown was also on the couch) in honour of Hooker playing game number 200.

Genuinely classy stuff, didn't even receive an on air apology just a public statement from Fox Footy after the public backlash called them out on how pathetic it was to a great club man

I didn't see that but agree that's pretty disrespectful. Not saying that other networks aren't also s**t at times BTW just that Seven is the worst

NBA and NFL commentary is far superior in the fact they can describe the play and articulate strategy in an interesting way without making it about themselves. AFL commentary and media is cringeworthy.

And yet the highest-rated and most popular sports commentary and analysis in the US comes from those that make a show of it and make it about themselves (eg. Charles Barkley, Steven A. Smith, etc.)

Oh how sad, a journalist copping a little bit of banter. Please.. the knob's job is to spin stories to suit an agenda to try and destroy people.

That's what journalism is and has been for nigh on 30 years, since the 24 hour news channels really got going in the US. Sex sells. Blame Ted Turner and Rupert Murdoch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not aware these guys are commentating the games?

They're more ubiquitous and on TV more than the commentators.

There's plenty of annoying, grating, biased, and stupid commentators in US sports too, particularly when you get down to the home team broadcasters (as opposed to the national broadcast teams).

There's plenty of annoying, grating, biased, and stupid commentators in US sports too, particularly when you get down to the home team broadcasters (as opposed to the national broadcast teams).
Hmmm... Haven’t noticed any of this in the NBA playoffs or the NFL games. And I have watched the vast majority last few weeks.

Tom Browne is a waste of space on the AFL “ journalism” landscape and it just so happens that Bryyyan is the only media personality who has the nerve to give him hell and challenge the inane crap the moron serves up.

BT hates him. Just like i and many others do.

It’s not a crime of humanity to despise and have utter contempt for another human. We all do it.

So spare me the bullying crap.

TB is grown man and quite able to defend himself i believe.

But of course there will be the odd group of keyboard nimrods who will chuck a tiss and feel they have to ferociously defend Tom and point out the complete injustice he endures at the hands of big bad Bryyyyan picking on the imbecile nerd kid.

#### Tom Browne

He’s everything that’s wrong with footy media these days and i wish he would just #### off and never return.
Cool. Now do James Hird. 🙃

Hmmm... Haven’t noticed any of this in the NBA playoffs or the NFL games. And I have watched the vast majority last few weeks.

The NBA Playoffs are getting the same national broadcasters though, because of how the season is being played at the moment.

Overall the quality might be better usually, but there's still annoying commentators and pundits everywhere around the world.

I honestly don't get why people care so much though. If you find them annoying, or know they're "wrong", or know your opinion is better, why do you even need "intelligent discussion" on the TV. Just turn them down or switch them off, and move on.

American antics stay on the pre-, post- and news shows. While the games are happening, they're treated as the most important thing in the world relative to Seven Network's approach.

No, that's Sam McClure. Who is now being sued by Collective Mind along with Caroline Wilson. And rightly so.
Collective Mind are suing McClure and Wilson?

Why?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back