Should we be concerned about the bullying of Tom Browne on channel 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

I love that BT gives it to him. Brownes not particularly liked and BT takes him to task, this is real human behaviour and it’s one of the better aspects on the football coverage, rather than Daisy Pearce telling me how wonderful the steaming pile of dogshit football in 2020 is.

Tom Browne is the epitome of gutter trash journalism. He has no class and will run a story with absolutely no credibility at all. Has been called out multiple times for it. Don’t know how he still has a job.

BT recognises how utterly shithouse the man is at his job and often calls him out on his blatant lies and questions his sources to which Tom has nothing to say. It should be done behind closed doors & not on live TV but Tom has the platform to put whatever he wants in the public sphere with no repercussions for the misinformation he perpetuates so I guess it’s only fair he can be called out on it in an equally distasteful manner.

I really don't like the segment in general. They both bring nothing to the table. It's definitely a setup to try make them 'debate' but what crap do they talk about. Last night they debated about whether the players can stay in QLD after they finish. Honestly, who cares? Why do you need two journos to debate it? Tell us about the game that's about to happen. I'd just prefer someone show some breakdown of how the two teams play and offer some opinion on how they think each team will try and beat the other team. Certainly not going to get that with the personal they have calling the game most of the time.

they’re just filling airtime

but i’d rather not see it with TB’s head blurting out useless gossip like an excited schoolgirl

The footy journo industry is so bloated and mediocre.

Way too many reporters working on daily mail-esque stories, it’s becoming that English style of tabloid media.

The way Browne is treated/presents himself is symptomatic of a very unhealthy industry.

How does it compare to Sam Newman bullying hutchy to the point he had tears in his eyes on national TV?

Unfortunately footy is still full of toxicity masculinity types, particulary from the old boomer generation
Hutchy never cried on The Footy Show when Sam was doing those things.

The footy journo industry is so bloated and mediocre.

Way too many reporters working on daily mail-esque stories, it’s becoming that English style of tabloid media.

The way Browne is treated/presents himself is symptomatic of a very unhealthy industry.

it’s the way he presents himself that dictates the way he’s ‘treated’....which is well deserved ridicule and scornful disdain.

He’s a joke. A meme. And is in no way whatsoever helpful in delivering anything of value to AFL news.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Browne is to AFL journalism as Lance Stroll is to Formula 1.

In each case, there are plenty of better and more deserving options around, but they get the gig cause Dad is loaded.

Someone buying their way into a prized job at the expense of those who are far more talented doesn't lend to a heap of respect.

So basically, Tom Browne can get stuffed.

Last edited:
Tom Browne is to AFL journalism as Lance Stroll is to Formula 1.

In each case, there are plenty of better and more deserving options around, but they get the gig cause Dad is loaded.

Someone buying their way into a prized job at the expense of those who are far more talented doesn't lend to a heap of respect.

So basically, Tom Browne can get stuffed.
Who is his dad?

should we be concerned about the bullying of connor mckenna by tom browne?

highlights include being (presumably) melbourne based but being apparently unsure whether blowing your nose in a melbourne winter is normal (uh, duh), and then using this to publicly insinuate he has covid and is spreading it to his teammates.

This is bloody interesting.
Hopefully channel 9 defend.
Hope this is the end of McClure and Wilson. Very poor Journo's. Using the cover based on interviews with six anonymous Crows players. I recall Campbell Brown calling out McClure on C7 a while back.

He's the perfect example of why football journalism has an awful reputation.
BT is still an idiot however, isn't the voice of reason. Works on the same network that hires Wayne freakin' Carey.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back