Should we be concerned about the bullying of Tom Browne on channel 7?

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t stand TB but agree very much with this post. It’s absolutely cringe worthy, and BT represents everything wrong with old school footy culture. This sort of sh*t permeates, and you see why bullying and depression is one of the biggest issues amongst men in this country.

Just fire the two of them, you’d improve the coverage by about 500% just there.
sure it's been mentioned on here, but BT bringing his stuffed bird up after discussing Gorringe's bird phobia...more of the same behaviour imo.

See Chief, this thread wouldn't exist if we had the Certified Legendary Tag on the Tom Browne thread.

is a bachelor of “ laws” a real thing?

Maybe it’s car parking laws of Victoria he studiedView attachment 961284View attachment 961285

I refuse to believe Tom Browne achieved a 99 ATAR to get into Law/Comm at Melbourne, one of the toughest courses in the Southern Hemisphere to get into, completed that double degree and still can't write a coherent sentence. Can someone please check the online degree records? his name can not possibly on there.

The only possible explanation is the Mr. Jeffrey Browne Journalism Studies Building somewhere on campus.

I think the fact he only lasted a few years in the law game and somehow transitioned to a news reporter probably says enough about that....

Should we be concerned? Not in the slightest.

Both of them riff over each other with BT usually triumphant.

Classic example below.

Last edited:
I refuse to believe Tom Browne achieved a 99 ATAR to get into Law/Comm at Melbourne, one of the toughest courses in the Southern Hemisphere to get into, completed that double degree and still can't write a coherent sentence. Can someone please check the online degree records? his name can not possibly on there.

The only possible explanation is the Mr. Jeffrey Browne Journalism Studies Building somewhere on campus.

I think the fact he only lasted a few years in the law game and somehow transitioned to a news reporter probably says enough about that....

the digging begins, and ends with a misplaced comma

6DB2874A-C67F-44BD-B98A-CF4E2C573B44.png

Last edited:
Tom quit his job as a lawyer to follow his media dream, learning the ropes at WIN TV in Bendigo. He has been at Seven since 2010.

I think what we really need to be concerned about is the putrid level of what passes for journalism at the moment... And if you want to talk about bullying and harassment no one and I mean no one comes close to the level of s**t that journalists inflict on the people they target

He was tearing up. Not full blown tears but you could see he was upset
Funny isn't it... Hutch goes after people with no regard to the hurt and damage he causes cause it's all in the name of an open media.. Of course at soon as someone goes after him oh that terrible and the tears start welling up... Well tough luck... As the old saying goes " people who live in glass houses shouldn't finger paint with s**t

Like Barrett was probably the last kid picked at recess for lunchtime games.

Never played at the highest level and NFI on the sacrifices and efforts that go into being an AFL player - he can have an idea or think he understands but he doesn't.

Does he even have a journalism degree (not that it matters)????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BT is a campaigner

No he’s not.

He’s just a self indulgent narcissist with a great sense of humour who takes his professional media career very seriously.

I’ve never heard him ever make up
some crap pretending he’s got some exclusive breaking footy news.

He does his job and goes home.

The #### he gives Browne is totally warranted and he’s the only one in the media who has the audacity to call him on his dribbling rubbish statements.

The sooner that waste of space Browne gets off the airways of the AFL the better footy will be.

He’s a toxic little piece of floating pond scum.

The BT and Tom Browne stuff is cringey just like every other aspect of 7s coverage.

I watch every game through Kayo so never really know which ones have the Ch7 commentary beforehand. Whenever they cut to the coverage and I hear the 7 team I instantly lose a lot of interest in the game. They are downright awful.

Fox aren’t perfect, I used to rag on Dwayne Russell, have issues with some of the new guys like Howie but as a whole they are infinitely more watchable than 7 who barely even call the game these days. They just wax lyrical about their favourite players regardless of whether they’re even playing well or not and have extremely cringey banter. A disaster zone of footy coverage, I would be over the moon if they lose the TV rights to literally anyone else, would take Channel 31 before those knobheads

Don't need 99 if you are paying $$$ up front

Plus there are always other ways into top courses

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Barrett and Browne are excruciatingly hard to tolerate. NFI about football. Hopefully BT makes him quit. BT is a gorilla but actually not a bad play by play caller when hd concentrates on not talking crud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back