Society/Culture Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

• Yes

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 70.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Is this thread a safe space?
That's not what you asked.

If you're pointing to context, read my post again, slowly, so you understand what "so many" means.

No actually.
Many conservatives are anti-abortion, universal healthcare, anti-welfare, and many a climate change deniers (just from the list Bradesmaen stated).

For someone who is constantly telling people who the left and right are, you're wrong a remarkable amount of time.

No they believe in all that you mentioned but with more constraint . For example welfare is good for people with bad disabilities , not ok for people who just don't feel like working .

Conservatives want to use tax payers money wisely , the left just want to spend as much as other peoples money as they can .

With regards to climate change , no conservative is against renewable energy , they just don't want to kill the elderly and send peoples costs of living through the roof .

I was merely pointing out that they only report part of a story, that was a good example form yesterday, I doubt that the reddit blokes have picked up on that one yet.

I don't think you're picking up what I'm putting down, if the ABC does not even report the conspiracy how is this even related to "left" vs "right" news reporting in Australia, unless there is something more sinister afoot? That is, they deliberately decided not to report on this because...

Yep - it's amazing so many scream about free-speech but at the same time whined for a safe-space on BigFooty to talk about Trump. I bet most of them don't even see the hypocrisy.

You know in year 7 I was on a school camp where we were sleeping out in bivouacs in the middle of a forest . All the other students were scared and didn't want to sleep right on the very edge of the campsite next to the scary trees and whatever was living out there . I volunteered to sleep right on the edge next to the scary woods and I earned the nickname big brave crazy for the rest of my time in high school. Nothing scared me as a kid with one exception , I was always terrified of communists and hippies , that fear has never left me .

You know in year 7 I was on a school camp where we were sleeping out in bivouacs in the middle of a forest . All the other students were scared and didn't want to sleep right on the very edge of the campsite next to the scary trees and whatever was living out there . I volunteered to sleep right on the edge next to the scary woods and I earned the nickname big brave crazy for the rest of my time in high school. Nothing scared me as a kid with one exception , I was always terrified of communists and hippies , that fear has never left me .
What scared you specifically about hippies? Was it that we might spill patchouli oil on you, or accidentally burn you with a joss stick.

No they believe in all that you mentioned but with more constraint . For example welfare is good for people with bad disabilities , not ok for people who just don't feel like working .
Amazing :D

Who are the pro-life movement then?
Why is Trump trying to dismantle universal healthcare?
Why is personal welfare bad (noting the largest component welfare budget is actually the aged pension) yet corporate welfare is fine?
The right really believes in climate change? Ask Bolt what he thinks.

Conservatives want to use tax payers money wisely , the left just want to spend as much as other peoples money as they can .
Wrong. 100% wrong.

Especially considering in terms of economic performance our economy has actually performed better against OECD benchmarks under labor than it has under the Libs, and progressive economists will update their views on economic theory (ie Reinhardt and Roghoff being debunked) whereas conservatives will not.

With regards to climate change , no conservative is against renewable energy , they just don't want to kill the elderly and send peoples costs of living through the roof .
Again, dumbing it down to a simplicity RWs can understand has rendered your position mere gibberish.
The Libs are in the pocket of coal, hence Adani on a marginal business case getting $1bn to get it over the line yet renewables getting nowhere near the same level of support.

What scared you specifically about hippies? Was it that we might spill patchouli oil on you, or accidentally burn you with a joss stick.
Sex, music and dancing are the work of the devil.
Or not enough money in free-love perhaps?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You search pictures of hippies and communists on google and than search ghost and monsters and tell me what looks scarier , monsters and ghosts also aren't going to turn us into a 3rd world country .

Amazing :D

Who are the pro-life movement then?
Why is Trump trying to dismantle universal healthcare?
Why is personal welfare bad (noting the largest component welfare budget is actually the aged pension) yet corporate welfare is fine?
The right really believes in climate change? Ask Bolt what he thinks.

Wrong. 100% wrong.

Especially considering in terms of economic performance our economy has actually performed better against OECD benchmarks under labor than it has under the Libs, and progressive economists will update their views on economic theory (ie Reinhardt and Roghoff being debunked) whereas conservatives will not.

Again, dumbing it down to a simplicity RWs can understand has rendered your position mere gibberish.
The Libs are in the pocket of coal, hence Adani on a marginal business case getting $1bn to get it over the line yet renewables getting nowhere near the same level of support.

No conservative is going to stop a woman from having a abortion for medical reasons .

You cant compare US healthcare to our healthcare system , in Australia I have not heard of a conservative who wants to get rid of Medicare , cutting it yes but getting rid of it altogether no.

I think corporate welfare is wrong to , although tax cuts is not welfare and its not welfare for the government giving a company money for something in return .

Labour better economic managers You cant be for real ? they vandalised our budget and put us on the path to going broke .Remember how under Howard we had a balanced budget and the costs of living was so much better than it is now ? the reason costs of living is not under control and the budget not balanced under the current government is because the left keep blocking everything in the senate .

I know conservatives have different views on climate change but even if they don't believe they still are not anti renewables , who would hate solar panels and windmills ? the reality is with energy you can only have 2 of the following 3 qualities

-Affordability
-Reliability
-Low emission

Lucky you didn't meet me, I would have been your worst double-nightmare.:D:mad::D:cool:

No conservative is going to stop a woman from having a abortion for medical reasons .
You're surely trolling now. Nobody could be this ignorant. Mike Pence - US VP - is on record as wanting to overturn Roe vs Wade!
https://www.thestar.com/news/canada...e-leader-cheered-by-anti-abortion-groups.html
http://www.newsweek.com/british-pm-mays-party-furious-declares-no-coalition-anti-gay-dup-624063

You cant compare US healthcare to our healthcare system , in Australia I have not heard of a conservative who wants to get rid of Medicare , cutting it yes but getting rid of it altogether no.
Cutting it means getting rid of it for some, despite all available evidence showing a single user pays system is more efficient and more effective than a two tier system.

I think corporate welfare is wrong to , although tax cuts is not welfare and its not welfare for the government giving a company money for something in return .
$1bn for Adani, $30m for Foxtel - current handouts.

Labour better economic managers You cant be for real ? they vandalised our budget and put us on the path to going broke .Remember how under Howard we had a balanced budget and the costs of living was so much better than it is now ? the reason costs of living is not under control and the budget not balanced under the current government is because the left keep blocking everything in the senate .
Wait, you're anti-welfare yet support the biggest increase in middle class welfare in our nation's history? Yes, this occurred under Howard as did many of the structural deficits our economy now suffers.
Pointing to one government who pissed cash up a wall during the biggest mining boom in conjunction with the biggest speculative CDO/MBS bubble the world has seen shows extreme short-sightedness, not shrewd economic management.
Again, compare OECD performance to balance our booms/deficits.

I know conservatives have different views on climate change but even if they don't believe they still are not anti renewables , who would hate solar panels and windmills ? the reality is with energy you can only have 2 of the following 3 qualities

-Affordability
-Reliability
-Low emission
Again, that's yesterday's view. With storage ability and back-up gas generation the bulk of energy supplies can be provided via renewables with natural gas only required for peak loading.

After I talk to you guys I bolt my doors and put a baseball bat under my bed .

Off to the gym guys , have a good weekend.
Enjoy the gym, happy weekend.

Back