Society/Culture Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

• Yes

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 70.3%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2002
End of the Earth.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ok that's a 40 minute video. Can you tell us what you're talking about?

I would have thought that the WH's allegations against the press for not investigating the Russia Clinton ties was newsworth as was the question about Seth Rich, especially when Brissenden alluded that Comey was fired because of the Russian probe. The offical reason He was fired was his handling of the Clinton emails and breaking protocol according to Rosenstein's letter from the DOJ.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I would have thought that the WH's allegations against the press for not investigating the Russia Clinton ties was newsworth as was the question about Seth Rich, especially when Brissenden alluded that Comey was fired because of the Russian probe. The offical reason He was fired was his handling of the Clinton emails and breaking protocol according to Rosenstein's letter from the DOJ.
And the official reason of JFK's death was assassination by Lee Harvey Oswald, but as everyone know's it was really Nixon on the grassy knoll.

Trump even stated the reason for the firing in an interview.

Anyhow this subject is about the ABC being shut down. geelong_crazy26 has some wildly misconceived about what is a conservative and what isn't. Trying to say that conservatives are pro-abortion is the worst. Sure maybe in medical emergencies, but I was talking about full time abortion.

bombersfan4000

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon

Ratts of Tobruk

Cancelled
May 1, 2013
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
ATV Irdning
were those figure the same as the results that Q&A test their audience with

lol if that what you think you have NFI about reality
As the OP discovered, it's people who spend too long in the Murdoch-style right wing world that have a distorted world view. The ABC features politics regularly and commentators from all sides of politics. It's hardly surprising this lands them in the centre when surveyed.

Critics tend to focus on a very small segment of their programming, and they also have a nasty habit of thinking that coverage of an issue is a big political statement. So they do a story about the Great Barrier Reef dying off, and the Murdoch media would say the ABC has an 'obsession' with the issue because they're all Climate Change Alarmists. Because they think covering facts is political. But really it's just a fact that people need to know.

The politics mostly comes from the other way. i.e. Barnaby Joyce tried to claim the 4 Corners story about farmers stealing water was a beat up designed to steal farmer's water. Half a day later the Coalition announces an investigation. So his right-wing attempt at distortion wanted to present the ABC coverage as 'left wing greeny' stuff, and then the farmers themselves said 'WTF are you talking about - people aren't allowed to steal water' and they had to act.

To stop yourself believing the Murdoch spin, get out and about. ABC journos do.

In the year 2017 I cant think of one good reason why we need to have 2 fully tax funded public broad casters . The ABC have something like 4 TV channels and 5 radio stations which given the fact that the taxpayer is paying for this at a time when we have a budget emergency is a joke .

To make matters worse they are both controlled by the far left as most government agencies are , they don't represent main stream Australia .

For me this is a big issue as someone who pays lots of tax I don't want my money waisted . If others want to watch this garbage than can pay for it themselves , I love sky and I pay for it .

Is that you Tony? Amazed you have time between lying and defending child molesters.
Rupert?
LOL
You love SKY.
Yep that balanced load of right wing bullshit...I bet you do.

were those figure the same as the results that Q&A test their audience with

lol if that what you think you have NFI about reality
No. You're showing you clearly didn't read any of the three articles I linked - one was even in The Australian, a safe space for conservatives.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it think.

Last edited:

Fire

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 12, 2003
New York
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No to ABC but there's a case to be made that SBS is redundant given everyone has access to news from all over the world and in all languages these days.

I'd be sad to see their news go but i dont think they are as fundamental to Australian society as the ABC. I'd rather they go, than the ABC get funding cuts if it came down to it.

No to ABC but there's a case to be made that SBS is redundant given everyone has access to news from all over the world and in all languages these days.

I'd be sad to see their news go but i dont think they are as fundamental to Australian society as the ABC. I'd rather they go, than the ABC get funding cuts if it came down to it.

I think a case can be made to combine both. I really only watch SBS News (imo far superior to all other free to air news) and I think ABC can easily be retooled to accommodate it along with a few decent SBS programs.

It's not really Sex Before Soccer any more since people can have easy access to both at any time via the internet.

May 2, 2007
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bears, de Boer, Arsenal
I think a case can be made to combine both. I really only watch SBS News (imo far superior to all other free to air news) and I think ABC can easily be retooled to accommodate it along with a few decent SBS programs.
Does the Asian lady with the zany hair still read it?

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong

The issue is the impartiality/accuracy/reliabilty of the available news in some cases, given that ofttimes the only choices are between propaganda from either government-controlled or anti-government sources.

Does the Asian lady with the zany hair still read it?

Occasionally. She also sometimes turns up wearing what appears to be a garbage bag as her top.

Still better than the other newsreaders tbh. She should run for politics I think she'd win in a landslide if she was in an electorate with lots of Chinese.

Feb 24, 2013
The GoldenBrown Heart of Victoria
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man Utd Green Bay Melb Storm
The issue is the impartiality/accuracy/reliabilty of the available news in some cases, given that oft()times the only choices are between propaganda from either government-controlled or anti-government sources.

Spelling isn't terribly reliable here.....And a ' required here.;)

Aug 2, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
Spelling isn't terribly reliable here.....And a ' required here.;)

Thank you.
Ofttimes is correct, although RT and Zionist conspirators ofttimes spell it incorrectly.
You're correct about the typo in reliability.
Well done.

You do realise, don't you, that this means that you will need to slow your typing to a crawl and start paying unwonted attention to basic grammar for the next few days? ;)

Back