Should we experiment with Moore as a back-man?

Where would you play Darcy?

• KPF/RUCK

• KPD

• Swingman. 50/50.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Pie thon

Senior List
Oct 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Thoughts on restructuring our big men to get the most out of them?

Moore and Reid to hold FB and CHB.
I remember Moore starting up as a key defender in the VFL last year. Shifting Reid from forward to defense worked brilliantly for us when we tried it on him.
Them two could make the best key defense combo in the league.

I do think defense is more important to strengthen as the good team have a spread of 8-12 goal kickers a game these days. Bags of goals from a key forward arent as important as a key defender setting play up that assists the midfielders to score goals.

Reid can do this. Moore has potential to do this too.

Brown and Frost not so much.

Obviously this would open debate on how to structure the forward line.

Thoughts?

mike123

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Pokemon is Life
Sep 13, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Juventus
Bags of goals from a key forward arent as important as a key defender setting play up that assists the midfielders to score goals.

This is based on what?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

I remember Moore starting up as a key defender in the VFL last year. Shifting Reid from forward to defense worked brilliantly for us when we tried it on him.

I do think defense is more important to strengthen as the good team have a spread of 8-12 goal kickers a game these days. Bags of goals from a key forward arent as important as a key defender setting play up that assists the midfielders to score goals.

Thoughts?

No!

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

OEP MKII

Senior List
Apr 21, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
L.A. Lakers
I see where your going with this. All the best sides with the longevity to continually contest premierships have exceptional back lines and moving Moore down there would certainly give us a talented backline with Reid, Howe, Scharenburg (when fit), Ramsey (again when fit) and then Moore. I just think as a club we'd be best served with Moore in our forward 50 with Cloke and Cox, it gives us a real dynamic group of forwards and creates some real difficulties for defenders to match up on given Cox's height, Clokes running power, and Moore athleticism.

Our preferred backline of: Williams, Brown/Frost, Howe, Ramsey, Reid and Schareburg is very good, the difficulty is getting them on the ground at the same time.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Thoughts?
Interesting concept.
Mores athleticism would be nice both ends, but overall quality big forwards are harder to manufacture ythan defenders so he will be the cornerstone of our future forwards.
Great lateral thinking which is always how new concepts evolve to success

And then who kicks our goals?

Who provides the key forward target?

Cox and a bunch of short people? Yay.

Nah sorry, Darcy Moore is our 12 year key forward, leave him where he will absolutely help us the most. By next season he will lead our goal kicking.

I understand the need for another key defender to help Reid and Howe out, but we are better of trading for one than sacrificing one of our strengths to fill a weakness.

I see where your going with this. All the best sides with the longevity to continually contest premierships have exceptional back lines and moving Moore down there would certainly give us a talented backline with Reid, Howe, Scharenburg (when fit), Ramsey (again when fit) and then Moore. I just think as a club we'd be best served with Moore in our forward 50 with Cloke and Cox, it gives us a real dynamic group of forwards and creates some real difficulties for defenders to match up on given Cox's height, Clokes running power, and Moore athleticism.

Our preferred backline of: Williams, Brown/Frost, Howe, Ramsey, Reid and Schareburg is very good, the difficulty is getting them on the ground at the same time.

And we need Talent in the Forward Line more then Down Back

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Marsh is naturally more of a intercept marking key defender than Darcy. Moore was never a high disposal key backman, and his field kicking isnt anything to brag about.

I reckon we would get more from Marsh as a key defender, and its just convient that Darcy has a high ceiling as a key forward.

Marsh is naturally more of a intercept marking key defender than Darcy. Moore was never a high disposal key backman, and his field kicking isnt anything to brag about.

I reckon we would get more from Marsh as a key defender, and its just convient that Darcy has a high ceiling as a key forward.

Moore's Field Kicking is Above Average Actually

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Moore's Field Kicking is Above Average Actually
No it isnt, average at best. I wont fault his goal kicking, that hes good at, field kicking not sure much.

Its similar to a Travis Cloke level.

coolcarlito

Debutant
Jun 7, 2010
Docklands
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Celtics Texans Shenyang Shenbei
Darcy has already played some time in backline for us and showed he is a clever defender.
But no, he is our Key forward for next decade.
He is our one and only key forward can kick straight and every time he has a mark inside 50 you know he will convert it.
Do you really want this feeling gone?

Back