Discussion Should we go after Alastair "Brick Bandit" Clarkson?

Remove this Banner Ad

Its meant to be Lade, and he must be rated because he was chosen to coach the team against Gold Coast.
McGlynn is the midfield coach and Enright backs.

Surely Roughead also gives some input to the forwards.

We didn't rate Kingsley, but he left and went to the Tigers.

Have we just got really dumb forwards?

No got to be a game plan. Lade is meant to be a great bloke but mates reckon Richmond came good as soon as he left. They didn't rate him.

No got to be a game plan. Lade is meant to be a great bloke but mates reckon Richmond came good as soon as he left. They didn't rate him.
He was there ruck coach , I doubt he would of been the reason.

We picked Rath who wrote the game plan for Clarkson , so we are in good hands - knowing we have a guy who knows just about any set up a team uses and knows ways how to counter it.

Richmond would have a guy who would do the same thing.

Most coaches need all these coaches today , I remember when there only 1 coach and sometimes he was captain Coach - how the game has changed.

He was there ruck coach , I doubt he would of been the reason.

We picked Rath who wrote the game plan for Clarkson , so we are in good hands - knowing we have a guy who knows just about any set up a team uses and knows ways how to counter it.

Richmond would have a guy who would do the same thing.

Most coaches need all these coaches today , I remember when there only 1 coach and sometimes he was captain Coach - how the game has changed.

He was specifically a ruck coach but was a high profile assistant coach. Think he might have been doing more than just rucks.

He has been with us for a while now, most assistant should be moved on every few years

Yeah none of them are that good, need fresh ideas and fresh thinking regularly.
Enright is a fresh assistant, and he seems to have been very good for our defence.

Enright is a fresh assistant, and he seems to have been very good for our defence.

Yeah I reckon he seems to have done about as well as an assistant can do. And yet if he’s still there in two years I reckon his impact will have dropped off. That’s what happened with all the highly rated assistants I can remember.

Maybe we can get David Noble to replace Lade or McGlynn.

I take him as an administrator in a second. His coaching is about as good as when we made our assistant coach head recruiter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn replaced him with good reason.
We don't need him.
Think harder St Kilda.

I think he was stale and they'd run their race. He's not a guy that wants to spend 4 years building a list from the ground up. He'll be good at the Giants where they have a pieces to be a good side. He can grab a extra few players and reload.

Sam Mitchell has reinvigorated the Hawks so it ended up being a good move all round. Mitchell is playing a great brand of footy and is a smart coach. He's learnt off Clarko. While everyone else is copying Melbourne trying to build their defence Mitchell is trying to find a way to whiplash attack off HB. Collingwood is the other doing it. It's what good coaching is about and what Clarko was known for. Innovate, look beyond the AFL, drill a simple plan into the players over and over and make the brand one that engages the players.

Clarko might actually be attracted to coming down to RSEA park if there is any construction material left lying around.

Tell him after that after the meeting he will be left alone with his van for 20 mins and if there's anything missing when he drives off no one will know.

Clarko might actually be attracted to coming down to RSEA park if there is any construction material left lying around.

Tell him after that after the meeting he will be left alone with his van for 20 mins and if there's anything missing when he drives off no one will know.
Those supporters who donated bricks might be a bit pissed!

Is the old carpark still there? Did it have bluestone bricks around the border?

I think he was stale and they'd run their race. He's not a guy that wants to spend 4 years building a list from the ground up. He'll be good at the Giants where they have a pieces to be a good side. He can grab a extra few players and reload.

Sam Mitchell has reinvigorated the Hawks so it ended up being a good move all round. Mitchell is playing a great brand of footy and is a smart coach. He's learnt off Clarko. While everyone else is copying Melbourne trying to build their defence Mitchell is trying to find a way to whiplash attack off HB. Collingwood is the other doing it. It's what good coaching is about and what Clarko was known for. Innovate, look beyond the AFL, drill a simple plan into the players over and over and make the brand one that engages the players.
Last 11 games hawthorn started to play good football again. They won 5 and drew 2 which was a good effort with that list.

Close thread.
Yeah, apart from Ratts re-signing, rumours suggest Bricks has already built his own office out at Tullamarine 😉

81H2aEP.jpg

I think we should stick with Ratts don't worry about Clarko, not that good anyhow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back