Votes: 19 35.2%

• Total voters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scrogdogg

All Australian
May 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Can't understand the percentage of those who would send Eddie on his way. He is still top value in what he brings. Dropping him earlier was just another example of the inept desperation where our selection process now is. The club has shown just how bad it has become this year. Pyke and his selection cohorts have shown no vision in previous years and have not been tough enough on slackers, nonperformers and long term deficiency ridden players. And so it has all come home to roost and the 'who can we drop to SANFL ' this week is the current merry go round. Too late. We have not been strong or consistent with selection calls that firmly establish a standard in previous years and we now look unprofessional. We are mixed up and unsettled. We are lurching from Sat to Sat. And the worst of it is hidden from us by virtue of the walled insularity of this present AFC. Eddie Betts is about position 12 on the 'need to fix ' list.

For the sake of this Club please let's have a new motor and full overhaul with new tyres instead of a minor grease and oil change. I'm sick of it.

When employees of the club (burton etc) resort to slinging shots at the supporters it is a clear indication of incompetency.

Jarman3

Club Legend
Oct 22, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Douglas
Otten
Mackay
Atkins
Hartigan
Murphy
Jacobs
I'd keep Jacobs for another year as backup, assuming he's willing to play mostly SANFL for minimal $. I'd also be keeping Hartigan - he's certainly not going to be All Australian or anything, but we have so little KPD depth that we can't really afford to push him out. I'd certainly like to see somebody better step into that spot and relegate Hartigan to depth in the SANFL side, but I wouldn't want him out of the club at this point in time.

marty36

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I'd keep Jacobs for another year as backup, assuming he's willing to play mostly SANFL for minimal $. I'd also be keeping Hartigan - he's certainly not going to be All Australian or anything, but we have so little KPD depth that we can't really afford to push him out. I'd certainly like to see somebody better step into that spot and relegate Hartigan to depth in the SANFL side, but I wouldn't want him out of the club at this point in time.
Jacobs will end up at GWS or Geelong he just needs to decide which one is the biggest flag threat and if they want him its for a reason, he will go for zero maybe a 5th to even up the books

JJ will go and if we get a third rounder happy days

Betts will go and get a two year deal like hodge and Mitchell , again like hodge and Mitchell he is on the downward hill anyway

Harto will go if Keath stays and visa versa

Greenwood will not get a 4 year deal from the AFC and will go to whoever gives him the elusive 4 years

Douglas will retire

That is plenty of players gone that have any ability

will probs see Pohlkoke and Wilson gone they are just more Grigg type players that wont make the elite level but handy SANFL Players

May see Macadm gone if the club thinks he will never get his fitness up to the level required to play AFL, this was always a concern

Kane McGoodwin

TheBrownDog
May 21, 2001
Floating around the Universe
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
Wow, Murphy, that’s harsh . I’d try and develop him as a defender in the Brown mould , as he’s no forward . Also , whilst we have O’Brien , we need a Murphy *

*for all you Seinfeld fans out there 😂
Murphy won't be moved on as has a new deal, but IMO he won't be a quality small forward.

No issue trying him as a defender.

Dc9798

Club Legend
Dec 25, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Juventus FC
Eddie Betts has been a magnificent player and human for our football club both on and off the field. He’s still kicked 36 goals this year (yes I know 12 of them have come in 2 games vs GCS) which is still better than most small forwards going around (only Charlie Cameron and Alex Sexton have kicked more) in a year where the delivery into the forward line in 2019 has been IMO very average.

Culturally I feel like it’ll be a bad move if the AFC ship Eddie off a year before the end of his contract.

There’s a lot more issues the AFC needs to sort out before you even get to Eddie Betts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom