Votes: 39 56.5%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Yes - let’s do a trade

Votes: 27 39.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What exactly are you suggesting?

That we should stop Betts going to Gold Coast and hold him to his contract?

Or that we should match what Gold Coast are offering and give him another year in 2021 on top of his existing contract?
Is it any coincidence this was brought up on a Monday before the last home game of the year? If the club and Eddie was contemplating this they would want to get as many ppl to the Collingwood game as possible. Not saying he is leaving but generally where there is smoke there is fire.

Is it any coincidence this was brought up on a Monday before the last home game of the year? If the club and Eddie was contemplating this they would want to get as many ppl to the Collingwood game as possible. Not saying he is leaving but generally where there is smoke there is fire.
Yep the timing is impeccable. The noise is that we are serious about cleaning out the list this year. After last year they thought it was bad luck. This year they know they've milked the last drop out of the list to the point where the senior players weren't even making an effort in many crucial games.

Reckon he is gone. Not with a push but perhaps holding the door open for him.

Why is the vote hidden? I want to see who thinks forcing him to stay one more year while Gold Coast are offering him 2 years and a lucrative pension will be great for our culture

Yep the timing is impeccable. The noise is that we are serious about cleaning out the list this year. After last year they thought it was bad luck. This year they know they've milked the last drop out of the list to the point where the senior players weren't even making an effort in many crucial games.

Reckon he is gone. Not with a push but perhaps holding the door open for him.
Maybe, I think i'll reserve judgement until their is a little more smoke around it!

What exactly are you suggesting?

That we should stop Betts going to Gold Coast and hold him to his contract?

Or that we should match what Gold Coast are offering and give him another year in 2021 on top of his existing contract?
If he really wants to go, and I've got my doubts that he does, then sure he can go. We shouldn't be shipping him out the door.

Are we talking about forcing him out, or him requesting a trade?

Because I tell you right now, if we force a contracted Eddie Betts out of the club while retaining Burton, Campo, Fagan, etc, then I'll set fire to the building.
We're not forcing anything. Both parties know the others preference, we are willing to help Eddie move if in the end they decide they don't align.

I'm not saying Betts is the miracle cure. I'm just saying if you have a guy who can produce 4 goal of the year nom's in a single season, the kids may well want to come and see that! Especially if you pair him with Rankine.

I mean, what else are they coming to see. Another 10+ home game demolitions?

They had the Gary Ablett JNR FFS and still couldn't get people, betts doesn't compare to that freak and he was performing at his peak

Because I tell you right now, if we force a contracted Eddie Betts out of the club while retaining Burton, Campo, Fagan, etc, then I'll set fire to the building.

If he wants to leave to set up a future like Hodge and Mitchell did, you do not stand in his way

As for retaining him, we don't need inhouse players we need people from other clubs with different ideas

Look at these guys that were part of hawthorn

Clarkson
Beveridge
Simpson
Hardwick

Go steal from the best

We're not forcing anything. Both parties know the others preference, we are willing to help Eddie move if in the end they decide they don't align.
I'd be staggered if we haven't offered him a mentoring role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As devastating as it would be for him to go, I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to finish up at the Gold Coast if that's what he wants to do.

He's provided 6 great seasons of service to our club, and players moving on to other clubs is a fact of life in the AFL world.

you'll needs some accelerant to start that fire

If gold coast are after him and eddie is seriously considering it, then we need to be on the front foot and as a contracted player tell GC that we will facilitate it as part of a much larger trade to bring lukosius to the crows. If it means adding pick 3 and greenwood also we should do it. But if lukosius is off the table then we need to be targeting their brisbane pick by adding a greenwood and maybe jenkins. We can't just let him walk there contracted for a nominal amount if it does not also benefit us greatly

That said
If he doesn’t want to go .... we don’t make it hard to stay

He deserves to be the one making the decision

As devastating as it would be for him to go, I wouldn't begrudge him the chance to finish up at the Gold Coast if that's what he wants to do.

He's provided 6 great seasons of service to our club, and players moving on to other clubs is a fact of life in the AFL world.

It will be his third club, maybe he might squeeze another season out somewhere else and become a 4 club player

If any of you follow Eddie on Instagram, then you'll know just how important this guy is to our club. He's a father figure to some of these young indigenous kids, what he does on the pitch probably pales in comparison to what he does off it. We should be doing everything we can to make sure he stays and WALKS into a development/coaching role. Listening to him the last couple of years he does not sound like a bloke who wants to go another 2 years, i doubt his heart's in it.

Let Eddie decide... If he wants to go let him. Id much preer him to retire as a crow.
Its no secret his wife can't wait to get back to Victoria so if he can get a 2 year deal from a vic club i think he would take it.

If any of you follow Eddie on Instagram, then you'll know just how important this guy is to our club. He's a father figure to some of these young indigenous kids, what he does on the pitch probably pales in comparison to what he does off it. We should be doing everything we can to make sure he stays and WALKS into a development/coaching role. Listening to him the last couple of years he does not sound like a bloke who wants to go another 2 years, i doubt his heart's in it.

Huh

He was best mates with CC

Let Eddie decide... If he wants to go let him. Id much preer him to retire as a crow.
Its no secret his wife can't wait to get back to Victoria so if he can get a 2 year deal from a vic club i think he would take it.
Wouldnt be so sure about his wife

Back