Prediction Should We Rookie Jonty Scharenberg?

Should We Rookie Jonty Scharenberg?

• Yes

Votes: 66 84.6%
  • No

Votes: 12 15.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Maggsy

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Considering he was touted all year as a top 25 pick,. last year as a top 5 pick,. and he is south Australian and played well in the carnival,. that should be enough to scream YES!,.. considering over 50% of rookies never play a game,. he HAS to be worth a gamble.. doesn't he?

huludicidal

Premiership Player
Jul 22, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers
He's a massive chance to be gone before our first rookie selection I would've thought. On the off chance he's still there, I'd probably take him though. Regardless, I'd personally like any of Ronke, S Walker, Romensky, J Barrett or Sproule just as much as Jonty with our first rookie pick.

Bicks

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 10, 2009
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels Beaufort Crows
He's a massive chance to be gone before our first rookie selection I would've thought. On the off chance he's still there, I'd probably take him though. Regardless, I'd personally like any of Ronke, S Walker, Romensky, J Barrett or Sproule just as much as Jonty with our first rookie pick.
The Bombers listed Ronke as a Cat B Rookie does that give them 1st dibs? I'm keen on him too, big bodied mid with elite speed, ready to go day 1.

2016 NEXT GENERATION ACADEMY NOMINATIONS LIST

Collingwood
Isiah Farrell-Nelson (Indigenous)

Essendon
Aaron Tatchell (Indigenous), Ben Ronke (Multicultural), Muhammad Saad (Multicultural), Ovie Magbegor (Multicultural), Hisham Kerbatieh (Multicultural), Ozgur Uysal (Multicultural)

Geelong
Temoa Brown (Multicultural), Cameron Gurrumulnga (Indigenous), Deshan Gindkindi (Indigenous), Kamal Bukulatjpi (Indigenous)

Hawthorn
Tristan Tweedie (Indigenous)

Melbourne
Daniel Allsop (Multicultural)

Port Adelaide
Emmanuel Irra (Multicultural), Ariek Lual (Multicultural)

Richmond
Kayle Kirby (Indigenous), Billy Cooper (Indigenous), Esava Ratugolea (Multicultural)
, Derek Smith (Indigenous), Jy Simpkin (Indigenous)

St Kilda
Mitchell McCarthy (Indigenous)

West Coast
Tarir Bayok (Multicultural)

Western Bulldogs
Dion Johnstone (Indigenous)

AFL nominations
Mading Atem (Multicultural), James El Moussalli (Multicultural), Kenny Ong (Multicultural), Jai Rout (Indigenous), Darren Allen (Indigenous), Jamaine Jones (Indigenous), Thomas Jok (Multicultural),Goy Lok (Multicultural), Cedric Cox (Indigenous), Francis Watson (Indigenous)

Sep 19, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah there are still some good players left to pick

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2a49a64dfcc03f3546940a7125c7a8d4.gif

Squiba

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 17, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
Genuinely curious as to how Sproule and Scharenberg didn't get drafted. Considering where they were projected to go and what they had previously shown, I'm wondering if the talent scouts see 0 scope for improvement, no spot for them at AFL level or attitude issues...

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1
Can someone please explain to me why so many clubs pass late in the draft when they have spots left on their list. Ogilvie said that we planned to only use 4 spots last night which would have left 2 spots. I just can't reconcile that with deciding against nominating Jarman because of our "talent order".

Jun 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

I don't know much about him, but, logically, there seems to be some overriding reason why he is not being selected, such as a worry about knees. This is not magically going to disappear because it is the rookie draft, so he may remain udrafted. Of course, if it is just that he was not high enough on all the talent lists, he may be.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
Can someone please explain to me why so many clubs pass late in the draft when they have spots left on their list. Ogilvie said that we planned to only use 4 spots last night which would have left 2 spots. I just can't reconcile that with deciding against nominating Jarman because of our "talent order".
They upgraded O'Brien as well so there's only 1 spot left isn't there?

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1
They upgraded O'Brien as well so there's only 1 spot left isn't there?
My understanding was that we had 6 picks after the O,Brien upgrade. 7 out and 1 in which means that if we had only used 4 picks then we would have had 2 spots unfolded. The only reason I can think of is that clubs feel that upgrading rookies into those spots is better than taking a speculative late pick. Still confusing though as once you go to the rookie draft you are back to being fourteenth pick whereas at the end of the main draft you can take whoever you like.
For example we might miss Scharenberg now because we're behind Port but we could have taken him last night with pick 90 and definitely got him.

Hodgy

Club Legend
Aug 3, 2009
Adelaide Hills
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Red Bull F1
Scharenberg is a yes for me. Feel like he would be an upgrade on M Crouch for that contested clearance role. I know M Crouch is flavour of the month with many but his disposal really worries me. By foot he is as bad as I've ever seen for a midfielder and it's become so important in modern footy. Anyway would be good to have Jonty just to ensure Thommo wasn't picked.

Back