• Charlie Cameron

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Good teams don't tag

Votes: 2 6.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Who is saying Kelly isn't worthy of his position in the team? Because they're as wrong as you are about Lever being able to match up on Dangerfield.

If you think Lever is strong enough to beat Dangerfield I suggest you actually watch a few games mate, he gets regularly pushed around by guys with less strength than Danger.

I would say Lever is actually as strong as danger agilty wise no or speed no. But if Danger plays we all know he wont be 100% and after listening to him last night it will be both his agility and speed affected by the foot injury, he will play inside the 50 mostly which will suit lever and the fact Lever has the reach on height on danger he will be the perfect match up for a below par Danger playing as a stay at home forward.

Who is saying Kelly isn't worthy of his position in the team? Because they're as wrong as you are about Lever being able to match up on Dangerfield.

If you think Lever is strong enough to beat Dangerfield I suggest you actually watch a few games mate, he gets regularly pushed around by guys with less strength than Danger.

Plenty have kelly not in our best 22 or on the bench yet we now see the same plenty wanting him to stand the best player in the league, go figure as we have no one else capable !!!!!!

I would say Lever is actually as strong as danger agilty wise no or speed no. But if Danger plays we all know he wont be 100% and after listening to him last night it will be both his agility and speed affected by the foot injury, he will play inside the 50 mostly which will suit lever and the fact Lever has the reach on height on danger he will be the perfect match up for a below par Danger playing as a stay at home forward.

Every time I am furious about how incompetent Pyke is, you go and show me that he could be even worse Marty. So thank you for providing a silver lining.

Every time I am furious about how incompetent Pyke is, you go and show me that he could be even worse Marty. So thank you for providing a silver lining.

Pyke is just soooooooo Incompetent we have never had a coach in the history of the crows that has spent more time on top of the ladde and he has only been at the club a year and a half

This Pyke fella, he seriously knows absolutely zero about how to coach does he?

What sort of a moron is pyke his record is just pathetic

I think the question poll is misleading, as it implies there is one person capable of nullifying Danger. We need to acknowledge that some players like Danger and Robbie Gray are special in that they can play 2 roles really well - midfield and forward. So it should really be a 'horses for coarses' approach.
If in midfield, Greenwood, Knight, Cameron, Brouch can all be tried at different intervals.
If in forward, Lever, Kelly, Talia, Smith can all be tried. Probably also depends how deep in the forward line Danger plays.

For this week's game, Danger is likely to:
- not play
- play but not fully fit (foot bone bruising won't heal that quickly). So if he plays, likely mostly time spent in the forward line. We need some guys to push and shove with Danger (ideally to step on his foot), so he needs to move his feet around, to unsettle him.

I think the thing people forget about taggers is that it's not as simple as just sending someone to him, you need to be almost 100% confident he'll get the job done, otherwise if you don't nullify that player, you're basically playing 17 against 18. Apart from Sloane or Laird I don't think any of those players could match Danger, and Sloane might not play, and we can't sacrifice what Laird does for us in defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the thing people forget about taggers is that it's not as simple as just sending someone to him, you need to be almost 100% confident he'll get the job done, otherwise if you don't nullify that player, you're basically playing 17 against 18. Apart from Sloane or Laird I don't think any of those players could match Danger, and Sloane might not play, and we can't sacrifice what Laird does for us in defence.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Physically Kelly is closer to being a better match up on Dangerfield than either Sloane or Laird, if he is going to be played primarily in the forward 50.

Physically Kelly is closer to being a better match up on Dangerfield than either Sloane or Laird, if he is going to be played primarily in the forward 50.

If he plays permanent forward he'll have a match up obviously, I was more thinking if his foot is alright and he plays midfield then they have to decide if theyll tag him. Kelly couldn't keep up with him for a whole game I don't think.

If he plays permanent forward he'll have a match up obviously, I was more thinking if his foot is alright and he plays midfield then they have to decide if theyll tag him. Kelly couldn't keep up with him for a whole game I don't think.
Yep - a lot of other posters believe the best option is to play close to Danger on the ball, however tagging Selwood gets a better result.

Yep - a lot of other posters believe the best option is to play close to Danger on the ball, however tagging Selwood gets a better result.

If Sloane is fit I think we send him to Selwood, as they're such similar players.

Play goal side of Danger and stop the give and get, and tag Selwood

No, Selwood.

I dont think there is any question if Danger plays he will play fowrard and it will be a case of man up which you do against any teams best forwards,if we are playing Sydney do you let Buddy have a free run at it

How will Geelongs midfield go without Danger this is the question, who will Selwood dish it out to

IMO danger will pay mostly up forward tonight
In that case smith will need to take patty

Said it a few times but let laird into the middle this week to give midfield defensive pressure when patty goes in there

Back