Should We Take Anyone in the Pre-Season draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, so that's the question. We have one spot on our list, so, do we take a player or keep the spot free to allow us to promote one of the rookies.

I'd prefer to keep that spot free and give the rookies about six weeks with our reserves side to see how they do. If they take the chance, then promote that player to the list. We have taken two gambles on our list (Rocca and Olarenshaw) and one complete liability (Calthorpe), and taking a third gamble/liability in O'Conner would not give us many options. So, by leaving that spot open not only gives the club that bit more flexibility, it might be the encouragment that one of the rookies needs to take that extra step towards becoming not only member of the senior list, but becoming a senior player.

What sort of limp wristed, pussy topic is this?

You didn't slag off another club - thats just not on!!!

Lift your game you wuss!!!

wink.gif

Cheers

Gonzo

Um....ah.....I really, really, really, really, really, really, honesty and truly, really, really hate, um....St. Kilda. Um, I also think that McKernan is somewhat over-rated and that unless we win next year's premiership, we should sack everyone at the club. Oh, and I don't think you guys are real North fans because you're just a bunch of ass lickers who just follow the party line and can't think for yourselves because I'm so much smarter than the rest of you and I think that the minor premier should be given more recogni.....ooops....went from C-I-K mode to Dim24 mode......anyway......

Now....what do we do about the draft?
smile.gif

Oddly enough Shinboners the Swans are giving serious thought to going in with 37 this year and probably promoting a rookie at some later date in the season.

A couple of reasons - salary cap for a start, and also you maybe aware Stephen Tingay (ex Dee) is training with us at the moment. Unfortunately he appears to have broken down again so his chances of being picked up have diminished somewhat.

It makes sense - especially if you don't have anyone in particular you are interested in drafting and if you also have a few rookies who pushing hard for seniors selection.

cheers

Nah, reckon you should take another Essendon reject. O'Connor would be the final link to the three stoogers. You've already got Olly and Calthorpe.

Just think, Sav and O'Connor lining up next to each other. Both have got the turning arc of the titanic! And have Calthorpe crumbing off them. Frightening to say the least.

Not looking forward to playing North, Rd 1.

Do you think maybe Denis and his Gang have some player training up the bush... after all if you look at history this has been done several times before...

Danny Stevens had a great year in the SANFL from all reports...

Who knows but being an arselicking non-supporting idiot I know our club will make the right decision again... and again... and again... and one day some people will wake up smell the coffee... and realise they can agree that our club is innovative and dedicated to winning not just surviving...

I think there is a chance that Tim VDK would find it easier at another club & surely he's learnt from his experiences at North right up to the very last day.
I reckon he'd be entering the draft with less baggage if the things said of him were not printed in the paper when he left us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by S.Robbo:
Nah, reckon you should take another Essendon reject. O'Connor would be the final link to the three stoogers. You've already got Olly and Calthorpe.

Just think, Sav and O'Connor lining up next to each other. Both have got the turning arc of the titanic! And have Calthorpe crumbing off them. Frightening to say the least.

Not looking forward to playing North, Rd 1.

rolleyes.gif

Robbo, as fast as ever, repeating the same tired joke that a thousand other Essendon fans have already told when the O'Conner to North stories first surfaced (Sandie....I wonder if you can sue Robbo for plagarism).

Someone buy him a dictionary for Christmas so he can look up the word "original" and the complete works of Oscar Wilde so he can learn what "wit" is.

rolleyes.gif

Oh no, you didn't take O'Connor, now where is he going to play. Does anyone know of a league just for fat slow bastards, or maybe he can start one with cals & sav.
biggrin.gif

------------------
mantis

HaHa, welcome aboard Corey-Is-King.
Be sure to stay a while.

Speaking of Mark Hilton & rookies though, any idea if a ressies captain has been appointed yet?

You picked up Leigh Harding in the rookie draft.He played in Geelongs VFL side this year.

He plays half forward/forward pocket and he can kick some freakish goals.

I thinks he's origanilly from Bannockburn [Geelong].

------------------
"Absatively Posilutely"

[This message has been edited by JUBJUB (edited 19 December 2000).]

Other rookies include Rodney Tregenza of East Freo, Digby Morrell of West Perth, (top name, go Diggers!) and Teaguey from the Murray Kangas.
I also see that young Brent Piltz has left us for Sydney.
We need info from our WA connections on those two lads. Can anybody offer the juice?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back