Should/will Tom Morris get a second chance?

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn't use Che Guevara as a positive example of anything, but you do you buddy.
1*s-7lfZvPf2l-YqtuzSzcJA.jpeg
Why are you talking about Che Guevara, I didn't bring it up.
This thread is about whether Tom Morris is fit to return to journalism.

Why are you talking about Che Guevara, I didn't bring it up.
This thread is about whether Tom Morris is fit to return to journalism.
Didn't bring him up, huh?
So what, Che was a doctor, Morris is a racist trump homophobe
Go soak your fat head, idiot. We were all on topic until you butted in, don't try and backpedal when you get called out for being a moron.

Like all of us he has to work to earn money so he was never going to be away from a media role for long.
True in hindsight.
Then the question becomes will it be in front of the camera/mic or behind it.
Even with the SEN offer, that still hasn't been answered yet.

True in hindsight.
Then the question becomes will it be in front of the camera/mic or behind it.
Even with the SEN offer, that still hasn't been answered yet.

If I were them I'd start with a soft start. Producer or panelling type role with perhaps sports updates. Certainly not a show with his name in it or where he is hosting. Give that another 12 months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hutchy & Damo have seemingly gone in to bat for Morris on their podcast (starts at 41:27 - Question of the Week)

I believe in second chances too. But don't call him a fine human being.

Also why should Sarah Olle be forced to work with him.
From what has been said from both News Corp last week & Craig himself in the podcast, Sarah Olle is good friends with Tom Morris.
If one or the other said that I would be more doubtful, but I'll take their word in this case.
Having said that, SEN is still in the process of trying to get Sarah, so it may not happen anyway.

Olle and Morris are good friends and are happy to work together - Some seem surprised! Because Olle is a woman does not necessarily follow that she shares the indignation over Morris' behaviour - Finally, some have forgotten that Morris' video/messages were part of a whats app group which featured some media types - Unless, they withdrew from this Whats App group, they effectively endorsed his actions.

I wouldn't use Che Guevara as a positive example of anything, but you do you buddy.
1*s-7lfZvPf2l-YqtuzSzcJA.jpeg

I ******* hate it when people use bullshit memes without any context.

Guevara's "racist" writings were when he was 24, and before he was thought to have even engaged with black people - certainly before he was in Cuba, and before he was a revolutionary. He was not considered to be a racist in his later life by anyone. You can criticise Guevara for a lot of things, but I don't believe racisim is one of them.

There are plenty of people who said dumb things as young people who didn't change their views...

I am happy for Tom.
I think 80% of males and women would be guilty of similar private conversations talking about the opposite sex. Was unfortunately leaked and a private conversation then becomes a public and personal matter for the person talked about. I think Tom would be horrified by what he said and how it came across and has learned his lesson we all make mistakes.
The media has pushed this victim narrative where we are supposed to get offended by everything so it is always pleasing when they get undone by this stuff.
Worst part about it he will come back more annoying and with fake sanctimony but I am happy for him as it would have been a huge punishment he copped for what was effectively a private conversation. May make him consider ramifications for people he reports on his job.

I am happy for Tom.
I think 80% of males and women would be guilty of similar private conversations talking about the opposite sex. Was unfortunately leaked and a private conversation then becomes a public and personal matter for the person talked about. I think Tom would be horrified by what he said and how it came across and has learned his lesson we all make mistakes.
The media has pushed this victim narrative where we are supposed to get offended by everything so it is always pleasing when they get undone by this stuff.
Worst part about it he will come back more annoying and with fake sanctimony but I am happy for him as it would have been a huge punishment he copped for what was effectively a private conversation. May make him consider ramifications for people he reports on his job.

The old 'not sorry what I said, I'm sorry I got caught'...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back