Social Shouldn’t people have a Goode look at themselves raking over the affair again?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

When Judd called Nic Nat black, NN brushed it aside and that was the end.

Goodes played the victim to an extreme.

As a white male I will never understand what it's like to be racially villified, but Goodes played the race card with the booing which was not true, he was booed for being an attention whore.

Fundamentally Goodes handled it wrong, making it such a deal and trying to be a hero solved nothing. Goodes became bigger than the issue.

So Caroline Wilson admits that she is also a racist ?

Goodes’ treatment both inside and outside Australia’s football stadiums told us that Indigenous players are celebrated for their sporting brilliance until they very occasionally choose to remind us of our past. And of our racist tendencies.

I remember Caro getting on her high horse on Footy Classified when Matt Rendell was a guest on there. Her industry of hypocrisy had a nice field day making Rendell, a recruiter with good intentions, the poster boy of racism in our country. EAD Caro.

I see Caro is having yet another dig at Jeff & Hawthorn in the Fairfax press again.....This time over his clandestine meeting of Melb club Presidents at his Cremorne 'man-cave'.

I'm pretty sure Richmond's own Prez, Peggy whats-er-name, was there too Caro.....But don't let that detract you from your Bullshit headlines.....Asides included digs at alcohol consumption at said premises during other semi-regular gigs there & a further crack at Jeff's leasing arrangement of the property that's in his wife's name.

That Hawk chip on your shoulders Caro, aint going away anytime soon......Now is it!o_O

But keep batting away for your AFL-House masters.....You do Gutter journalism so very well.

Last edited:
When Judd called Nic Nat black, NN brushed it aside and that was the end.

Goodes played the victim to an extreme.

As a white male I will never understand what it's like to be racially villified, but Goodes played the race card with the booing which was not true, he was booed for being an attention whore.

Fundamentally Goodes handled it wrong, making it such a deal and trying to be a hero solved nothing. Goodes became bigger than the issue.

Yep. Where Goodes (and the media) lost all credibility in this matter was by claiming the crowds were booing him for being aboriginal. The thing they weren't considering at the time was I cannot think of any other aboriginal player who was being booed. So if Goodes was being booed simply for being aboriginal, why weren't the others copping it as well? The media aren't good at thinking things through, they just like controversy.

I'm pretty sure Richmond's own Prez, Peggy whats-er-name, was there too Caro.....But don't let that detract you from your Bullshit headlines.
Women are allowed in man caves.....its 2018 ffs.

They must however leave all interior design ideas at the door and must not under any circumstances bring cushions to make the cave more comfortable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Women are allowed in man caves.....its 2018 ffs.

They must however leave all interior design ideas at the door and must not under any circumstances bring cushions to make the cave more comfortable.

Or take mental inventory, only to then pass it along to their mate over at Fairfax press......O'Neill probably gave Gilligan the inside scoop n all.....Doubt she'll be invited back any time soon.....No other possible explanation for how Caro got the 'skinny' on what went down there.

Or take mental inventory, only to then pass it along to their mate over at Fairfax press......O'Neill probably gave Gilligan the inside scoop n all.....Doubt she'll be invited back any time soon.....No other possible explanation for how Caro got the 'skinny' on what went down there.
I think peggy is a better.operator than that. Im tipping carro has the pantry boy on a retainer.

I think peggy is a better.operator than that. Im tipping carro has the pantry boy on a retainer.

Maybe so....But Caro's Tiger connections, combined with her anti-'Man-Cave', anti-Jeff blurb-piece, make her the obvious first-up choice candidate.

Doubt any corkage-lad is going to retain much knowledge about the inner workings of Real AFL politik.

No wonder The Age is on its last legs.

People are fed up with the soft, PC, civil libertarian, perpetually outraged view on the world the paper, and its writers, project.

I'll never forgive him for the young girl incident, was blatant grandstanding no matter how you slice it, then to continue on with it in the following days calling a 13 year old girl "the face of racism in Australia" EAD muppet.
He also said this
“It is not her fault. She is 13, she is still so innocent. I don’t put any blame on her. Unfortunately, it is what she hears, the environment she has grown up in that has made her think it is OK to call people names. I can guarantee you right now she would have no idea how it makes anyone feel by calling them an ape.’’
A lot of revisionist history about the Goodes saga

A lot of revisionist history about the Goodes saga

The only real history is that the AFL, at the Sydney press's beck n call, got it so horribly wrong, in trying to play politics with our game.

The footy going public never bought the implied racist agenda against them; & nor should you.

Trying to tell us how to barrack properly & paint us all as racist fools by implication.....Condescending arse-wipes.

The public got it right....Goodes was nothing more than an AFL toy.

The only real history is that the AFL, at the Sydney press's beck n call, got it so horribly wrong, in trying to play politics with our game.

The footy going public never bought the implied racist agenda against them; & nor should you.

Trying to tell us how to barrack properly & paint us all as racist fools by implication.....Condescending arse-wipes.

The public got it right....Goodes was nothing more than an AFL toy.
So was the booing of Goodes politically motivated ?

If sjws did football more they’d know booing happens all the time

Man I despise this position.

Yes, booing happens - but the instant Adam Goodes made it known that to him it felt racially motivated, it should have stopped.

No ifs. No buts.

If you boo the bloke after you're aware he feels it's a racial attack, you're a prick.

A racist prick too, I might add.

Anyone that knows me knows I have little time for Goodes. Whilst I respected his ability as a footballer, I found him irritating, whiny and precious.

But people booing him after the fact, that's bullshit.

Yes, you have freedom to boo (though I suspect an argument could be made for it being racial abuse and hence in breach of the law, but I'm not making that argument), and I have the freedom to label you a bigoted piece of s**t if you did.

Last edited:
Man I despise this position.

Yes, booing happens - but the instant Adam Goodes made it known that to him it felt racially motivated, it should have stopped.

No ifs. No buts.

If you boo the bloke after you're aware he feels it's a racial attack, you're a prick.

A racist prick too, I might add.

Anyone that knows me knows I have little time for Goodes. Whilst I respected his ability as a footballer, I found him irritating, whiny and precious.

But people booing him after the fact, that's bullshit.

Yes, you have freedom to boo (though I suspect an argument could be made for it being racial abuse and hence in breach of the law, but I'm not making that argument), and I have the freedom to label you a bigoted piece of s**t if you did.

It was the number one contentious issue at the time twitter etc and there was lots of collateral. My point is NOT to rake up the stuff as you have done, but to condemn those raking it up as rabble rousers, whetever their motivation. No one is changing their view, that much is obvious
And I have a the freedom to raise that view too

And the usual sydney featherhearts didn't seem to mind one of their players CLEARLY calling Langford a XXXX NTTAWWTter on the TV. Just another example of how footy outrage is selective based on the colour of the shirt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back