Stifler's mom

Premium Platinum
Jan 29, 2007
Glen Iris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool - Walk On!
I would hope that Chris Dawes is not poorly treated by the Collingwood crowd next Monday.

IMO he gave his all to the Pies and I will remember him as a Premiership player who deserves respect for his character and his efforts in the black and white.
I understand that he became frustrating to watch in 2011/12 but he played injured a lot and was also asked to play as a 2nd ruck, which is not a natural thing for a key forward.

I think it would say a lot about our supporters if he was shown the respect he deserves.

I wont applaud him, but at the same time I won't boo him.

He is wearing a different jumper now so there's no adulation to be had, but at the same time he is a Collingwood premiership player so I'll never abuse him, ever.

But we all know that there are certain fans that we have that will boo him, it will happen, even though it shouldn't. They are the same idiots who gave him bronx cheers when he took a mark (or dropped one), and continue to do the same to some of our players during a loss.

Respect him, he's earned that.

Are you kidding? Half of the people on here fail to show our current players and staff any respect!

I'll just clarify... I won;t be wishing any ill feelings at all, but there's always a few idiots... or more than a few, when you have a fanbase as big as ours.

I feel for him a little bit. He seems to be a really sensitive fella and i think after last year it got to a point where he felt so embarrassed and under so much pressure he could no longer enjoy his football and had to make a change. He wouldn't of been in a good headspace.

Dawes has earned our respect by featuring in a premiership side. It pains me that he got moved on; he's a quality individual. I accept that "such is life".

I'm hoping against all hope that we show some class on the ground by not jeering the fellow...

I think he'll get less abuse than what he would have been accustomed to by end of 2012.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hear hear. I have been thinking exactly this all season.

Not all players in Collingwood's history deserved this same respect in my opinion. (ie: Mark Richardson, Mark Williams, Peter Moore in the 80's just to name three, who left for $ despite the club and supporters wanting them to stay).

But with Dawes this is not the case. The fans were frustrated & giving him the bronx cheers and the club was encouraging him to except a trade.

No bronx cheers from me .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back