Bumped Show Dawes some respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Hold the Dawes

Thanks Hodor

Love Dawesy. Was a good solid player and thankfully he gave us his all when it counted in 2010. Will always be a Pies premiership player. Nothing can take that away from him.

Welcome back Dawesy.

I'm sure his plans for life after playing extend far beyond football, given his academic pursuits and interests. But he's the type of person I'd like to see involved with the club at some level at some stage. A smart cookie, that one.

In any case I wish him all the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the "bumped" adds a bit of Joie de vivre
It's funny, despite his limitations I remember enjoying watching Dawsy play early in his career.
I also liked him as a man.
When he left, (by that stage) my thoughts had shifted to oh well we won't miss him.
Then I watched this video and was reminded what an absolute gentleman he is.
Luckily Stifler's mom had started, (what I thought was) an aptly named thread.
Yes maybe I have been caught up in the romanticism, (shock horror).
c'est la vie

It's funny, despite his limitations I remember enjoying watching Dawsy play early in his career.
I also liked him as a man.
When he left, (by that stage) my thoughts had shifted to oh well we won't miss him.
Then I watched this video and was reminded what an absolute gentleman he is.
Luckily luliestreet had started, (what I thought was) an aptly named thread.
Yes maybe I have been caught up in the romanticism, (shock horror).
c'est la vie
Dawes was the right man in the right place at the right time.
He and The Anvil will always hold a place in my heart.
The recipe for a premiership team is as elusive as the formula for turning mercury into gold....every player in the 44 were a part of that recipe and history shows it's a far from easy thing to just whip up, a Collingwood Flag.

Dawes was the right man in the right place at the right time.
He and The Anvil will always hold a place in my heart.
The recipe for a premiership team is as elusive as the formula for turning mercury into gold....every player in the 44 were a part of that recipe and history shows it's a far from easy thing to just whip up, a Collingwood Flag.

One wobbly Lenny Hayes kick away from nothingness. Imagine if Stephen Milne had been the premiership hero....it doesnt bear thinking about.

Its such a fine line. Dawes played very well in the finals and deserves that premiership.

One wobbly Lenny Hayes kick away from nothingness. Imagine if Stephen Milne had been the premiership hero....it doesnt bear thinking about.

Its such a fine line. Dawes played very well in the finals and deserves that premiership.
Wash out your mouth.....
To win against St Kilda too...was all the sweeter after Ball came over ..............for.................free.

I thought in 2011 he was about to explode after 2010. Started off with 7 goals in first 2 games and was playing well until he broke his hand against hawthorn mid year. Missed 6 or 7 games. Affected his marking ability which ultimately destroyed his confidence and sadly it was the start of the end for him.

No doubt Dawes committed to footy and worked at it - like players who want to not only make it, but then stay in the AFL system have to do. And he endured more than his share of injuries...

But to have had the career he had and yet still end up a premiership player, and then get such a big and lengthy contract at Melbourne....

The bloke must have been a dung beetle in a previous life. If I ever see him I'm gonna rub his belly for luck.

I implore everyone to watch the Dawes video available in CFC.com.
A very humble recipient.
A man who knows he didn't get the best out of himself over his journey. A man who is anguished by that knowledge.
A man who didn't feel connected to the club that he flagged with.
A man who now knows where his home is.

Good player, better person

Remove this Banner Ad

Back