Bumped Show Dawes some respect

Remove this Banner Ad

Dawes confirmed on The Footy Show that he was basically told he wouldnt be given many opportunities at Collingwood in 2013 and to look elsewhere. He also said that many clubs were circling at the end of 2011 and he chose to stay at Collingwood for less money and to be with his mates and to be loyal.

So much for loyalty. Wouldnt blame Thomas if he left if we treat our premiership players in such a pathetic and disgusting way. Way to go Nathan :thumbsdown:

Nathan bashing, no surprises there.

Actually he sounded like a leader and one of the few footballers that can string two words together, also confirmed the club told him to look elsewhere so lets not make out he chased $$$ :rolleyes:

I say he went to this Highest Bidder and I guess he got along with Neeld when he was at Collingwood would also help

Why would anyone feel sorry for Dawes? Yes he helped us win a premiership but last year he was absolutely useless. Bucks obviously told him his position was under threat and instead of fighting for his spot he took his bat n ball and went home.
To be fair Bucks told him he wouldn't be going with the 3 pronged attack of 2010 and only two talls so part of that challenge was becoming a ruckman which is simply beyond him physically, he's a key position, 193cm vs 200+cms is a no win and he's not built like Leigh Brown but at Melbourne their other key position is a ruckman in Clark.. I'm sure he weighed all these things up.. saying he didn't take on the challenge is churlish and ill informed

did everyone else LOL when he said they were competitive against the hawks..yeh 90 odd point loss sounds very competitive

That was a LOL if that was Competitive then I am a Monkey's Uncle

did everyone else LOL when he said they were competitive against the hawks..yeh 90 odd point loss sounds very competitive
Better for Melbourne and Neeld that he say that rather than 'we were s**t'. Dawes is a first class team man. Melbourne couldn't have a better spokesman from the players.

Him signing the year before for far less than what other clubs were offering says you are completely wrong o_O

Why is that mate? He wanted to stay at Collingwood Then so he Took Less. But when we told him to get on his Bike, Then why would he not go to the Hightest Bidder?

Why is that mate? He wanted to stay at Collingwood Then so he Took Less. But when we told him to get on his Bike, Then why would he not go to the Hightest Bidder?
Yeah that's not really him leaving for better money is it.. that's him being pushed.. the critical element in his choice would have been Clark at the Demons so he could play the role that disappeared under Buckley when we dropped the 3rd tall and asked him to compete in the ruck giving away 10+ cms :rolleyes:

To be fair Bucks told him he wouldn't be going with the 3 pronged attack of 2010 and only two talls so part of that challenge was becoming a ruckman which is simply beyond him physically, he's a key position, 193cm vs 200+cms is a no win and he's not built like Leigh Brown but at Melbourne their other key position is a ruckman in Clark.. I'm sure he weighed all these things up.. saying he didn't take on the challenge is churlish and ill informed
Who says that Bucks told him this? You are only guessing. Buckley does seem to have changed his mind since, but now we don't have a 2nd tall capable of playing the role of a key forward.

Who says that Bucks told him this? You are only guessing. Buckley does seem to have changed his mind since, but now we don't have a 2nd tall capable of playing the role of a key forward.
No I'm not, reported at the time and quite obvious from subsequent games

No I'm not, reported at the time
Still very short sighted given that Lynch is 30. He won't be around much longer, but Dawes will. Lynch would have been more suited to a Leigh Brown type role. Maybe Buckley made a mistake. Or maybe Dawes' game last week was an aberration and he'll play ordinary football for the rest of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still very short sighted given that Lynch is 30. He won't be around much longer, but Dawes will. Lynch would have been more suited to a Leigh Brown type role. Maybe Buckley made a mistake. Or maybe Dawes' game last week was an aberration and he'll play ordinary football for the rest of the year.

It is very Short Sighted though I guess you could say Lynch is keeping that Spot Warm for Darcey Moore;)

It's not Lynch, it's Cloke.. Trav will never be used in the ruck, he's too valuable, so if Dawes wants to be a key forward for the next 5 years it can't happen at our club without him becoming a part time ruckman.. and he just aint a ruckmans a-hole.. he made the right decision and it was nothing to do with Lynch

It's not Lynch, it's Cloke, he'll never be used in the ruck, he's too valuable, so if Dawes wants to be a key forward for the next 5 years it can't happen at our club without him becoming a part time ruckman.. and he just aint a ruckmans a-hole.. he made the right decision and it was nothing to do with Lynch

Then why did Bloody Bucks Keep Dawes in the Ruck? I makes no Bloody Since

Darcy Moore is years away from becoming a regular senior footballer. Like ruckmen, key forwards don't develop overnight.

Well people Rate him Very Highly and Is not out of the Possiblty he could play as a 3rd Tall in his 1st Season.

Still shows that Bucks did not like Dawes

Because Leigh Brown retired and Bucks wants a two pronged attack.. we'll have to wait and see if Paine and Grundy/Witts change his mind

Well Paine will Never Ever Play in the Ruck.

Well I am suprised Witts is not playing this Mondayo_O

If Paine is to play a key forward, who is going to play 2nd ruck with only 2 talls in the forward line? Or will Bucks concede that the 2 talls policy no longer applies.

I would say at the Moment would be Witts. More Suited for Grundy though who can Play Forward and Kick Goals and Then do go in the Ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back