Bumped Show Dawes some respect

Remove this Banner Ad

He was not Nathan bashing. He was asked why he moved and he said as little as possible in a matter of fact tone without mentioning any names. I don't think that bashing anyone verbally is in his nature.

I was reffering to Krueger's Nathan bashing.

If Paine is to play a key forward, who is going to play 2nd ruck with only 2 talls in the forward line? Or will Bucks concede that the 2 talls policy no longer applies.
2 talls applies in todays footy

Coaches who monitor game trends say the new ''transition game'' - in which Geelong and Sydney can lose the stoppage battles but win the war on the rebound - has made it increasingly difficult for teams to play forward lines loaded with talls.​

2 talls applies in todays footy

Coaches who monitor game trends say the new ''transition game'' - in which Geelong and Sydney can lose the stoppage battles but win the war on the rebound - has made it increasingly difficult for teams to play forward lines loaded with talls.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tall-forwards-are-finding-speed-a-killer-20130606-2nsyg.html#ixzz2VRg6ujmD
I had read the Age article. What it seems to imply is that Paine will have difficulty getting a game, because Lynch will be required for the ruck work, and another tall forward is out of the question.

I'm going to be wearing this little number and booing him at every opportunity

david-Danger-729-420x0.jpg

Dawes confirmed on The Footy Show that he was basically told he wouldnt be given many opportunities at Collingwood in 2013 and to look elsewhere. He also said that many clubs were circling at the end of 2011 and he chose to stay at Collingwood for less money and to be with his mates and to be loyal.

So much for loyalty. Wouldnt blame Thomas if he left if we treat our premiership players in such a pathetic and disgusting way. Way to go Nathan :thumbsdown:

Worked out well for both sides and only an idiot would disagree. We got rid of an overpaid player that was most likely going to be overtaken in 2014 and were able to bring in another top 20 draftee, while Dawes got paid.

Collingwood premiership player baby !! Could never even think to boo dawsy in years to come Chris Dawes is part of collingwood history and deserves some respect. Just like sharrod wellingham. And Leigh brown..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dawes confirmed on The Footy Show that he was basically told he wouldnt be given many opportunities at Collingwood in 2013 and to look elsewhere. He also said that many clubs were circling at the end of 2011 and he chose to stay at Collingwood for less money and to be with his mates and to be loyal.

So much for loyalty. Wouldnt blame Thomas if he left if we treat our premiership players in such a pathetic and disgusting way. Way to go Nathan :thumbsdown:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Still very short sighted given that Lynch is 30. He won't be around much longer, but Dawes will. Lynch would have been more suited to a Leigh Brown type role. Maybe Buckley made a mistake. Or maybe Dawes' game last week was an aberration and he'll play ordinary football for the rest of the year.

Good thing then that we didn't trade Dawes for Lynch, but Dawes for Broomhead who will play longer than Dawes.

It's getting a little tiresome repeating this every few pages when your same argument drops off the page. And it's not even a question of Dawes for Lynch, because Dawes could not ruck at all.

He's gone, the ruck fwd we never had, time to let it go.

Worked out well for both sides and only an idiot would disagree. We got rid of an overpaid player that was most likely going to be overtaken in 2014 and were able to bring in another top 20 draftee, while Dawes got paid.

Overpaid? He was in contract when we gave him the flick and on much lower $$$ than he could have been on after 2011 if he decided to move then. He was well underpaid by us given by what other clubs offered him and what he is on at Melbourne atm. Clokes 2012 form was poor, is he overpaid? Laughable argument.

Broomhead is already playing better than what dawes has served up the past 2 years ;)

So Dawes was no good in 2011 prior to his knuckle injury was he? Every player on a team cannot be a star, some play roles and balance the team.

The infatuation with draftees is way over rated. Key position players dont grow on trees, short people on the other hand do.

So Dawes was no good in 2011 prior to his knuckle injury was he? Every player on a team cannot be a star, some play roles and balance the team.

The infatuation with draftees is way over rated. Key position players dont grow on trees, short people on the other hand do.
I believe that short people and big guys both grow on trees, but the big guys sparsely populate the upper reaches, while the short people are plentiful and hang in easily picked clusters from the lower branches. It is also easier to tell which short people are ripe for the plucking.

I won't boo Dawesy, but if Nath Brown is playing on him I would expect some light hearted sledging - it would be rude not to wouldn't it?

I won't boo Dawesy, but if Nath Brown is playing on him I would expect some light hearted sledging - it would be rude not to wouldn't it?
Dawes said on the Footy Show interview that he is glad Dale Thomas is not playing because he is a very funny sledger. Dawes believed he might crack him up as he is taking a shot at goal, forcing him to miss.

Dawes said on the Footy Show interview that he is glad Dale Thomas is not playing because he is a very funny sledger. Dawes believed he might crack him up as he is taking a shot at goal, forcing him to miss.

Lol, thats a cracker. Kinda shattered Daisy isn't on the park now just for that reason, I can imagine him having quite a quick wit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back