Feedback Show Ignored Content

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 2, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I remember seeing the 'Show Ignored Content' function occasionally at the bottom of the page of a thread. I'd then hover the cursor over it - see who it was and make a quick decision whether to click on it and view their post or just carry on to the next page.

Once I clicked on it, the posts (and quotes) of an ignored member would be visible for that page.

Lately, I've noticed 'Show Ignored Content' appears even though the relevant post is not on the page I'm viewing. If I click on it and scroll up, I can't see their post. The ignored user posted a few times one month ago, but the 'Show Ignored Content' is now appearing on the bottom of EVERY page (of a 100 page thread)

Did it always work like this? I could be wrong, but I don't think it did. I reckon it needs fixing. It's now acting as somewhat of a false alarm. No point having this appear for an old post 30 or 40 pages back in the thread.

Last edited:
In case you're wondering why I'm so keen to view the posts of a person I have on ignore, there are two reasons...

1) in this instance, they're a time-waster who shits me to tears. But if I'm in the right mood, then I don't mind seeing what they've posted.
2) more often, it's to follow the thread of a discussion when the ignored poster makes several posts and receives several replies. These replies make no sense out of context, but if the convo sounds interesting, then I like to check out everything which was posted.

I remember seeing the 'Show Ignored Content' function occasionally at the bottom of the page of a thread. I'd then hover the cursor over it - see who it was and make a quick decision whether to click on it and view their post or just carry on to the next page.

Once I clicked on it, the posts (and quotes) of an ignored member would be visible for that page.

Lately, I've noticed 'Show Ignored Content' appears even though the relevant post is not on the page I'm viewing. If I click on it and scroll up, I can't see their post. The ignored user posted a few times one month ago, but the 'Show Ignored Content' is now appearing on the bottom of EVERY page (of a 100 page thread)

Did it always work like this? I could be wrong, but I don't think it did. I reckon it needs fixing. It's now acting as somewhat of a false alarm. No point having this appear for an old post 30 or 40 pages back in the thread.
Do they have content in the bottom bit? One of my ignored members has started a of threads so I get that message.

upload_2018-6-13_16-33-9.png

Do they have content in the bottom bit? One of my ignored members has started a of threads so I get that message.

View attachment 511637
Not sure...

But this would also defeat the whole purpose of the "show ignored content" function

Surely, it's there to be used to "unhide" posts from the current thread page which is being viewed

The ignored user posted a few times one month ago, but the 'Show Ignored Content' is now appearing on the bottom of EVERY page (of a 100 page thread)
Could you give me a screen grab?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back