News Show Me The Money - Stan series about player agents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't say I had much interest in "getting to know" player agents/managers. Flipped through the 3 episodes, but found most of it pretty uninteresting.

The way they edited it and talked themselves up made it seem pretty disingenuous. A couple of them seemed like fanboys to me, in the same way that some in the media fap over players and look awkward in the presence of them. I guess that's the industry.

The way they edited it and talked themselves up made it seem pretty disingenuous. A couple of them seemed like fanboys to me, in the same way that some in the media fap over players and look awkward in the presence of them. I guess that's the industry.
How often do the managers really go out to an oval and have a kick to kick with their clients?

Been watching a bit and it would have been much more interesting if there was actual discussion of the contract structures and negotiations.

In episode 1 they totally glossed over Finlayson's pay cut and contract restructure
Think he is being paid his previous 2 year contract over 3 years, with incentives built it that he can back to the same per annum.

Ha. I did spend a fair bit of time with Ben Williams at the launch yesterday. Most of it spent trying to push Luko coming to the Crows. He didn't give much away obvs, but interesting that Ben King (Luko's housemate and best friend up there) re-signed yesterday ...
Hope the club gets Ben Williams as list manager at some point. With him, and Fitzy as ambassador, get all the big brother gang together. I’m sure we’d have a roll for hotdogs.

I had no idea he was a player agent, I watched that first season of Big Brother that he won haha
Same. I was watching it and thought ' he looks familiar - hmm Ben Williams - didnt he win Big Brother'' then they showed him winning it - and he looks very young in the BB shot

Any good insights ??

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
How crass the agents can be?

More the idea that deals are done long before trade days - that clubs are open to movements generally.

I enjoyed it but it could have been better - it felt staged at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back