Show us your gaming setup

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw this on Reddit.

a9LAuhq7GfIGzoU5i3CQn3p_eohp89J-q9bOlmNg-fw.jpg
Where's the bong?

Who on here uses an OLED as their gaming display?

I'm considering upgrading my 2011 Panasonic plasma (which has been fantastic) to the upcoming LG 48CX OLED panel when it comes out and the price drops a little.

I've heard as far as UHD and HDR gaming is concerned, OLED is a great option

Who on here uses an OLED as their gaming display?

I'm considering upgrading my 2011 Panasonic plasma (which has been fantastic) to the upcoming LG 48CX OLED panel when it comes out and the price drops a little.

I've heard as far as UHD and HDR gaming is concerned, OLED is a great option

I have a LG B7 for my consoles. OLED is as good as it's made out to be. As much as I enjoy the bright colours of my IPS PC monitor, HDR on an OLED is the next level.

Motion-wise is it as fluid as a plasma?

I'd say yeah. I used to game on a plasma in PS3/360 days and just from memory it would be on par. Never did a side by side though so I might be really wrong. Given the technology of OLED compared to any variation of LCD I guess it's as close as you're going to get to plasma.

2020 set up.

The current games room doesn't have a wardrobe for storage, but the spare room wardrobe is filled with consoles and collectibles ect.

20201128_133310_resized.jpg 20201128_133338_resized.jpg 20201128_133403_resized.jpg 20201128_133409_resized.jpg 20201128_140118_resized.jpg 20201128_140122_resized.jpg 20201128_140126_resized.jpg

Looks nice and all, but why such a small TV for gaming?
LOL

It may look small because of the cabinet, but it's a 55".

I'm literally sitting 2.5 meters away. I don't need anything bigger, nor am I spending 4.5k for a 65 inch.

LOL

It may look small because of the cabinet, but it's a 55".

I'm literally sitting 2.5 meters away. I don't need anything bigger, nor am I spending 4.5k for a 65 inch.
Sorry JR, it just looks small within your cabinet. Very nice setup though.

Sorry JR, it just looks small within your cabinet. Very nice setup though.
Don't apologise!! I can see what you're talking about. You're the second person to say that to me.

I dare say I could fit a 70" TV in that cabinet. The 55" CX was expensive enough so there was no way I was going to 65".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey all.
I upgraded my TV recently in the gaming room (and moved the old gaming room TV to the lounge, and gave the old lounge TV to my mum).
The new rig is an 85" Sony Bravia. I thought about getting the full array lighting model in the 85" range however opted for the more budget-friendly edge-lit version. The TV has HDR and VRR optionality.
Very, very happy with the visual quality and the options for playing around with the picture.
I mostly use it to play on PS5 but I'll also use it for PS3/PS4 and XBONE when I get around to hooking it up.
The only downside I can see so far is it doesn't have component input, which is good for the GameCube when I play it (much better image quality than composite).
Has anyone here got a similar model TV, and if so, what do you think of it?
Thanks.

I should do an update post. I've taken over the spare room so I now have two games rooms which I will eventually make into one big room!

i don't have a consistent set up, i kind of have 3 setups for different games which is a bit mental, it'll probably settle down.

PvFTQ7f.jpg

the lounge room curated by the mrs

9oq7Kom.jpg

degenerate outside paradise

Remove this Banner Ad

Back