sbagman

Club Legend
Nov 17, 2000
Scumshine
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Now THIS is interesting....

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,2261390%5E9787,00.html

I was particularly intrigued by the fact that there were more Aussies than Brits at the Brisbane game, despite whinging and whining to the contrary.

Let's face it. The Brits follow their teams more enthusiastically than we do. The sing, they chant, they wear there team's colours, whereas Aussies are much more passive.

Why don't we get into it? Why is everyone else more passionate than us? Or is there another explanation for the GABBA game? Whatever the explanations provided, the simple fact is that we were shown up. And it doesn't surprise me.

Originally posted by Mr Ripper
How would they know this unless patrons had to declare their allegiances at the turnstile? :confused:

They probably counted the locally based Poms/Jocks etc as Aussies. :eek:

yep too true

But the poms are still more enthusiastic then the Aussies when it comes to sports

Look at their soccer hooligans. Mad basta*ds

Originally posted by BomberBoy

yep too true

But the poms are still more enthusiastic then the Aussies when it comes to sports

Look at their soccer hooligans. Mad basta*ds

Whats the matter with footy hooligans? :D

Hi Guys

Sbagman,
I too was truly amazed at the turnout of the Lions supporters at the Gabba, even though I knew that there were thousands travelling around Aust. to hopefully catch the games here.

However, I do recall Budda saying that for the Gabba game more than half of the tickets were sold to the British (sorry I have not read the article - it may contradict what I have typed in here) in Britain and of course a lot of the people who puchased tickets in Aust would also have been British too.

Don;t worry, we'll fix them at Colonial on Sat. night....last year at Colonial for the Nelson Mandella cup the Wallabies jerseys were seen in their abundance. I am sure (Hoping anyway) that with the bigger crowd more Aussies will don their gold colours.

The ARU are going to spend some money and deck out some of the bottom deck with yellow caps, etc. so I am sure that will help. But what will help more, is for all of us going to the Test, to yell our heads off!!!:p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back