Showdown 12....your final tips!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by marvin
Port by 21. Their ins and our outs tip the balance.

I agree - on the form of the last few weeks I'd have given the nod to the Crows, but with them missing Riccu both as captain and a tough nut to break through the Power defence, not to mention Goodwin - I'm feeling a lot better about our chances.

I'm tipping the Thunda Stiks to be BOG :D

Having previously tipped Adelaide by 30-odd points, I will alter the tip now, after seeing the teams. I'd say Port to win this one by 20 points. I'd of course be hoping at least two of Kingsley, Wanganeen and Hardwick actually play!

Should be a ripper contest...can't wait!

Tredders#16

Port by 2 goals in a great game.

Wish I could be there for it......all you Victorian Crows supporters, get along to Bells Hotel in South Melbourne from 2:30pm.

Cheers

Still tipping a crows win although the margin is getting smaller by the hour, no Roo or Goody & paps having Wangerneen & Kingsley back in makes it hard, but i still feel we have enough in form midfielders plus a strong defence to get over the power otherwise it's going to be a long trip home for me,
"Crows by 5pts"

I think that losing Goodwin and Ricciuto is a huge blow for the Crows as they will struggle to find a midfielder who can go in and get the ball relying on the likes of Bode to do so. With Primus winning most of the taps Adelaide may struggle around the clearances without Goodwin and Ricciuto.

Port by 48 points.

My tip is Port to win this one by about 5-6 goals.

The lose of Goodwin and Roo to Adelaide will impact rather heavily. Not so much in the middle because they still have Mcleod, Bode, Edwards, and Bickley to cover in there and do well. Thing is now they will be exposed on the wings and flanks and have to leave these positions to their lesser known players.

With Roo out it leaves Williams free to use Carr on someone else:

Option 1 Mcleod? Nah because he will cut Carr apart with his speed and balance.

Option 2 Bickley? Maybe but Bickley is well experienced and is more used to having a tagger.

Option 3 Edwards? Again maybe but it depends how much he plays in the middle.... would have K. Cornes on him sort half tagging him and if Edwards goes forward he can follow him into defence.

Option 4 Bode? This would be my pick. Have Carr tag Bode and cut him right out of the game. Bode is a good feeder restricting him will hopefully allow the likes of Mcleod to get less of the ball. Plus Bode has a smaller body and is less experienced in dealer with taggers and it could throw him off his game.

I think with the Crows restricted on the wings and flanks the types of both Burgoynes, Wanganeen, Dew, James and Kingsley will have a huge effect on the game.

All the best
SKC

Originally posted by kaysee
My tip is Port to win this one by about 5-6 goals.

The lose of Goodwin and Roo to Adelaide will impact rather heavily. Not so much in the middle because they still have Mcleod, Bode, Edwards, and Bickley to cover in there and do well. Thing is now they will be exposed on the wings and flanks and have to leave these positions to their lesser known players.

With Roo out it leaves Williams free to use Carr on someone else:

Option 1 Mcleod? Nah because he will cut Carr apart with his speed and balance.

Option 2 Bickley? Maybe but Bickley is well experienced and is more used to having a tagger.

Option 3 Edwards? Again maybe but it depends how much he plays in the middle.... would have K. Cornes on him sort half tagging him and if Edwards goes forward he can follow him into defence.

Option 4 Bode? This would be my pick. Have Carr tag Bode and cut him right out of the game. Bode is a good feeder restricting him will hopefully allow the likes of Mcleod to get less of the ball. Plus Bode has a smaller body and is less experienced in dealer with taggers and it could throw him off his game.

I think with the Crows restricted on the wings and flanks the types of both Burgoynes, Wanganeen, Dew, James and Kingsley will have a huge effect on the game.

All the best
SKC

I think that with Roo and Goodwin out this week, it will be a good chance for Kane Johnson to step up. He's been playing off the bench in a much lesser role than usual over the past month (when he wasn't injured). I think he's being nursed back into the midfield, and Sunday could be the game this happens.

With the exception of Goodwin and McLeod, he has been almost our best midfielder this year (when he has been fit), and will hopefully have a big one on Sunday.

Can't wait for the game, also can't wait to get onto bigfooty on monday morning and see what everybody has to say!!!

Cheers

Originally posted by Zombie
I think that losing Goodwin and Ricciuto is a huge blow for the Crows as they will struggle to find a midfielder who can go in and get the ball relying on the likes of Bode to do so. With Primus winning most of the taps Adelaide may struggle around the clearances without Goodwin and Ricciuto.

Port by 48 points.

At first I thought "this is a bit of a worry". You see, normally zombie would under-estimate Crows by only six goals.

But then I thought - oh yeah, zombie also over-rates Power by four or five goals.

So zombies "adjusted" tip is about right then - Crows by a couple.

PS zombie - Crows "struggle to find a midfielder" is a good one mate, where the f..k did you come up with that?

Hint - last week, Goodwin played only the first 10 minutes and Roo played in the forward line. How is their absence this week going to affect Crows winning midfield?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two options take which ever makes you feel better:

Option A: Port come to play and start well. The cows won't be able to cover Ports dominace all over the ground. In this case it will be Port by how much!! Perhaps anything from 40-60 points.

Option B: Port play like we have been playing over the past month or so, we struggle but luckily with the roo and Goodwin out, the cows are unable to hold us off much like the past two showdowns a margin of less than 2 goals.

Obviously if the cows didn't have the 'outs' they have and we didn't have the likely 'ins' we have then the balance of the game would be much different. And my heart would still say Port and my head... well bugger it I always tip with the heart in Showdowns and mostly come out on top:)

Originally posted by ok.crows

At first I thought "this is a bit of a worry". You see, normally zombie would under-estimate Crows by only six goals.

But then I thought - oh yeah, zombie also over-rates Power by four or five goals.

So zombies "adjusted" tip is about right then - Crows by a couple.

PS zombie - Crows "struggle to find a midfielder" is a good one mate, where the f..k did you come up with that?

Hint - last week, Goodwin played only the first 10 minutes and Roo played in the forward line. How is their absence this week going to affect Crows winning midfield?

"will struggle to find a midfielder who can go in and get the ball" was the whole comment if you read it correctly.

K.Johnson and A.McLeod are recievers, losing Ricciuto and Goodwin will force the Crows to rely on the likes of Bode to go in and get the ball, which against Primus and Francou will be a mean task indeed.

K.Johnson and A.McLeod are recievers, losing Ricciuto and Goodwin will force the Crows to rely on the likes of Bode to go in and get the ball, which against Primus and Francou will be a mean task indeed.

Will be like the old days when he was at the Power for him, mind you he didn't fair too well normally in that contest, good luck!!

"will struggle to find a midfielder who can go in and get the ball" was the whole comment if you read it correctly.

This line gets trotted out alot about Johnson and McLeod. What a lot of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by crowtricolours
This line gets trotted out alot about Johnson and McLeod. What a lot of crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No doubt Johnson and McLeod are good players but they play their best footy when they stream past a pack and get a handball from a player like Goodwin, Bickley, Bode or Riccuito. Neither K.Johnson nor A.McLeod are players that go in and get the ball like J.Francou and if Primus is on song they will find it hard to win the ball around the ground without the likes of Goodwin and Ricciuto.

Kane Johnson is far from a receiver Zombie. If you watch him play at all, he gets plenty of tough ball in the centre, in and around the bottom of packs.....that's how he gets plenty of possessions when you haven't really noticed him.....he gets them in tight. Macca is a bit of both, great in open space but he's not adverse to getting his own ball....a great driver in heavy traffic.

Well, Goodwin basically didn't play last week remember, he went off early in the first quarter....so judging from opinion, this game hasn't a clear favourite, May be a Very good game of footy to watch indeed!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back