Unofficial Preview Showdown 45

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll fall behind early by 4 or 5 goals and peg it back over the course of the match, but the Crows will pull away late. Crows by 18 points.

I might be a campaigner but I'm not a ******* campaigner. Come on Power!

Quoting TISM is more evidence going to the "the Brazilian Power supporters are really 15 year old boys from Paralowie" theory.

I'm not confident this week. Weirdly, I would be more confident had Adelaide been playing better this year.

Roo on radio - crows will win by plenty, get are fairly bullish about this game. I think they love to own us in recent times, will be a great win if we can get it.

Roo on radio - crows will win by plenty, get are fairly bullish about this game. I think they love to own us in recent times, will be a great win if we can get it.

Roo seems very irritable this year. Must be under a bit of pressure. Would be great to tip him over the edge.

I'm just looking forward to getting stuck into the off-season changes. Have taken my eye off this season a bit.
I know right, finishing Top 4 would be a total fail of a season, may as well rest up and try for....erm Top4 next year.

I think we'll fall behind early by 4 or 5 goals and peg it back over the course of the match, but the Crows will pull away late. Crows by 18 points.
Shut your trash mouth. Today is not the day for realism. Today is the day for delusional hope. Don't take that away from me.

Port by 1-4 points in a heartbreaking final 2 minutes where a freakish bounce, a bit of Chad and Ryder magic and a smaller but more vocal Port crowd get us over the line. Because we love doing that to them and the universe has now realised how awful that collective is and is allowing nature to do the right thing.

I want to believe today.

Both of the Bulldogs games have been in really bad weather, the cows kicked 9 goals in the pouring rain and 6.6 to 1.7 after half time. We kicked 11 goals in a blustering gale, bad lighting and less heavy rain. We also kicked 7.8 to 1.4 after half time.
Not much can be made of that except that it will be low-scoring. Even if the weather at the game isn't as bad as it has been lately, and it is forecast that there may be a window of half-good weather at the time, it will still be a slog.

Shut your trash mouth. Today is not the day for realism. Today is the day for delusional hope. Don't take that away from me.

Port by 1-4 points in a heartbreaking final 2 minutes where a freakish bounce, a bit of Chad and Ryder magic and a smaller but more vocal Port crowd get us over the line. Because we love doing that to them and the universe has now realised how awful that collective is and is allowing nature to do the right thing.

I want to believe today.

When did beating Adelaide become delusional hope? They're not that good. If they were they wouldn't be 12th.

And we're not as bad as some here would make out.

Roo seems very irritable this year. Must be under a bit of pressure. Would be great to tip him over the edge.
Imagine the commentary in the unlikely event of us smashing them?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did beating Adelaide become delusional hope? They're not that good. If they were they wouldn't be 12th.

And we're not as bad as some here would make out.
True but we do make an artform of making games that we should win and turn it into a loss. Why because we don't want to take the easy path. We like a challenge. We are Port Adelaide.

Too right we are better than them but when did that stop us from stupid losses in the past?

Got a child’s GA ticket on StubHub.
Reckon I should try my luck at the turnstiles or be a good boy and go to the box office to upgrade?

Yea had a mate try do this 2 weeks ago. Silly bugger went through the turnstile with what looked to be the oldest living man in South Australia manning it. He got sent back out to upgrade. You just gotta pick one with a young person on it, they won't care

2003169-C-S-Lewis-Quote-Integrity-is-doing-the-right-thing-even-when-no.jpg

The other thing Douglas said which was a bit denigrating was how him colliding with McGovern let Motlop run into an open goal.

10 replayed the moment and as I recalled after the collision between camries Motlop ducked around some witches hat Rory and with 4 Rorys and Rileys closing in kicked truly on the run from 30m.

It was no Jenkins the Goose goalsquare special.

I might be a campaigner but I'm not a ******* campaigner. Come on Power!
Quoting TISM is more evidence going to the "the Brazilian Power supporters are really 15 year old boys from Paralowie" theory.

I'm not confident this week. Weirdly, I would be more confident had Adelaide been playing better this year.
I am inocent. I had never heard of it before today:
I might barrack for Port Power, but never for the Crows
I might watch A Current Affair, but I watch Frontline also
I might like Tarantino, but sometimes you gotta wonder
I mightn't tell the truth all the time, hey, what's your mum's number?
This Is Serious, Mum — indeed!

The other thing Douglas said which was a bit denigrating was how him colliding with McGovern let Motlop run into an open goal.

10 replayed the moment and as I recalled Motlop ducked around some witches hat Rory and with 4 Rorys and Rileys closing in kicked truly on the run from 30m.

A clear case of scotomisation - (or to coin a new term scrowtomisation in this case).

10 replayed the moment and as I recalled Motlop ducked around some witches hat Rory and with 4 Rorys and Rileys closing in kicked truly on the run from 30m.

Yes, it wasn't quite a Steven Bradbury moment - they didn't all fall over :p

I want to believe today.
The time difference kills me. It is still Meltingday, August 2nd around here.

Hopeday begins in 2 hours and 10 minutes.

He will gently ask if his ticket is good as it is (by presenting it at the turnstile). If the Crows accept it, everything is fine. Otherwise, if the ticket is deemed improprer, he simply goes back and upgrades the ticket.

I don't understand why a question would harm anyone's integrity. In both cases, he does the right thing.

For Motlop, it was AS IF the goal was wide open. Other players might not feel the same way...

He will gently ask if his ticket is good as it is (by presenting it at the turnstile). If the Crows accept it, everything is fine. Otherwise, if the ticket is deemed improprer, he simply goes back and upgrades the ticket.

I don't understand why a question would harm anyone's integrity. In both cases, he does the right thing.
He will get robbed inside if he buys a beer or food anyway!

Swings and roundabouts.

The crows' lack of class and composure absolutely contributed to the situation - but it was that very combination that allowed Motlop to slice between a couple of opponents (not that Atkins was ever really going to apply defensive pressure) while wheeling back ON TO his right side and still managed to kick a dead straight drop punt. I think that last part of him still cutting back on his preferred foot is overlooked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back