Review Showdown 47 Post Mortem - Port Federers v Adelaide Tomics

Remove this Banner Ad

That was an embarrassing effort.

First half it was the forwards not converting.

The signs were there in the first half how easily they moved the ball forward and found players. It just snowballed from there when our midfield were soundly beaten and whilst our defence was poor, the freedom their players had to move the ball forward was embarrassing. If I was Pyke I would be going to town on our mids.

Everyone has a crack at Tex but once again Sloane was shut out of a game.

Where is our tagger? Time to bring in Knight and make him our tagger. If anyone on our list can do it it’s him.

We also need to think about our forward structure, because it ain’t working.

Betts has been down for a few weeks now. Dropping him would shake up the joint. Murphy doesn’t do enough. Douglas is finished.

Stengle deserves a go. Lynch is class. Fog plays to give us another marking option and someone with some mongrel.

Out: Murphy, Douglas, Mackay, Greenwood, Gallucci, Betts
In: Lynch, Stengle, Jones, Knight, CEY, Fog
Greenwood?

My point is you're not welcome. You know you're not welcome. And yet here you are carrying on anyway.

The only reason you've popped up is to be a front running git, and try to get some cheap thrills when your team won its second showdown in five years. I don't recall you rocking up for your medicine when you lost all those Showdowns.

And this is why everyone hates your mob. Happy to dish it when you win, no guts to cop it when you lose, and ridiculously short memories for a club that goes on and on about history.
If "welcome" had anything to do with whether people can post on opposition boards, noone would ever be able to post on an oppo board. My comments on oppo boards are fair and not abusive, and I'll post where I like thanks. At least there was one guy who said he thought my comment was perfectly fair. I'm out now, thanks for the love anyway.

I'm on a bit of an extended break from Big Footy, and footy in general tbh, and will continue to be, but felt the need to come on and say that this playing group is cooked and so are this particular group of coaches. 2017 was the anomaly, not the norm, so that season shouldn't be the point of reference. The point of reference should be the repeated sh*tting of the bed at crucial stages, by both players in matches and by coaches at selection. All led by an administration focused on building a large corporate headquarters as priority.

We'll still make an Elimination Final due to our relatively easy run and likely lose it. It means nothing.

It's also no surprise why numerous valued players are willing to leave the club for a moderate pay increase. More will go this year.

Might come back in the post-season for a look. Cheers.
Always good to have you swing by.

I know we agree on how untrustworthy this PG is. Unfortunately I made the mistake of second guessing myself over the last 8 weeks.

This was based upon some more imaginative selections, a different game plan, and seemingly a willingness to fight out contests when a game was not on our terms.

It was false dawn of course and our original position as you have just stated it, is their true colour.

The comfort and trappings of tenure since 2015 are laid bare for all to see.

The attachment to this PG is borderline pathological and will cost us dearly long term. They are not capable, they never were and we are at least 5 years away now. And that’s only if we act positively from now, which I have no confidence in.

No, the fact that'll it was called play on matters 0, as the kick wouldn't have been scored even if allowed. From the behind the game kick camera angle it looks like it lands near the behind posted and gets punched back into play.

Ipso fatso, the play on call was irrelevant.

Nice point though, whatever it was.

Yeah mate. Ok you don't know what the original point was and thus you have it all wrong, so why are you bothering to make any sort of comment ? Im not gonna bother explaining the realities of taking his kick at the mark and being unable to play on. Nice little picture though. Kinda exotic and manly. Give me a break.

If "welcome" had anything to do with whether people can post on opposition boards, noone would ever be able to post on an oppo board. My comments on oppo boards are fair and not abusive, and I'll post where I like thanks. At least there was one guy who said he thought my comment was perfectly fair. I'm out now, thanks for the love anyway.
I don't recall you posting on here after the 1st Showdown result this season?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was an embarrassing effort.

First half it was the forwards not converting.

The signs were there in the first half how easily they moved the ball forward and found players. It just snowballed from there when our midfield were soundly beaten and whilst our defence was poor, the freedom their players had to move the ball forward was embarrassing. If I was Pyke I would be going to town on our mids.

Everyone has a crack at Tex but once again Sloane was shut out of a game.

Where is our tagger? Time to bring in Knight and make him our tagger. If anyone on our list can do it it’s him.

We also need to think about our forward structure, because it ain’t working.

Betts has been down for a few weeks now. Dropping him would shake up the joint. Murphy doesn’t do enough. Douglas is finished.

Stengle deserves a go. Lynch is class. Fog plays to give us another marking option and someone with some mongrel.

Out: Murphy, Douglas, Mackay, Greenwood, Gallucci, Betts
In: Lynch, Stengle, Jones, Knight, CEY, Fog

That's not very nice. It wasn't gloating, it was responding to a silly comment.
Oh ...GAGF
Not gloating .......🤣
When’s the last time you posted here !

Agree about Knight...can't see why he was out in the first place - lots worse than he is. Douglas usually takes a bit of time to come back from injury, but yes, just about done...Murphy might not have done enough, but there were plenty of others that were worse - love Eddie, but he's probably seen his best playing days, and as for Greenwood when there are so many members of your team playing poorly around you,there's really very little you can do.....One thing I would definitely do is shake up our forwards and give Fog a go.... if we don't we're going to lose him...he's the future - THEM WHAT ARE RESTING ON THEIR (imagined) LAURELS are the past ...or SHOULD BE!!!

Hahahahaha

Idiot - do you have any idea how many of us have been banned from your boards ?

Should be grateful I guess we really only have to endure this twice in 4 years I s’pse and it’s not as if it’s a “dream final “

I know it happens after a loss but I couldn't help but notice the contrast of the athletic height and football ability and balance of the Port youngsters compared to our short, no-outstanding-attributes young players. We have none that look like strong aerialists with pace and goal kicking ability. The contrast is marked.

Do you mean in the 22 from last night ... Or the whole squad?

We have some good athletic prospects on our list, we seem to apply the same pathway to all of them. Doedee is the example that is sighted. Some players won't thrive under that development route.

Our selectors have shown they have one way. Sure they show signs of change, but when the heat is on ... They revert to form.

Under load, strongest habit wins.

If we don't reward the players in the seconds for their efforts ... We are dead in the water.

Stengle
Fogarty
Himmelberg
Jones
McHenry
Davis
Wilson

I wouldn't hold my breath with the current selection committee.

Sent using Tapatalk App on Android.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back