Review Showdown 49 - Rd 8, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Highlights of the game were the banner before the game and song in the PB’s post game. Both need to be done for every home game from now.

For the game itself our defence was top notch, outside umpire help they had one good passage of play for a goal, the rest forced wide and/or under pressure.

Our small forwards before the last quarter were a steaming pile though.

Ok, that dressing room act of defiance is one of the most beautiful things I've seen in sport. Well done to everyone involved. That sh*t be goin' viral.
Gave me them mighty duck half time jersey change feels

I actually believe Allir Allir has made us play differently. In the past we protected the back line by putting pressure on the ball carrier. Now we dare teams to go long because we have an intercept marker. So smart teams are now avoiding the long kick and chipping it. I hope we are able to take our game to a higher level and bring back the pressure later in the year

Last edited:
Good to see Kane Farrell in form. He is a talent.

Im hoping that goal is his turning point. He had to get it. He absolutely had to get it to rescue his own credibility. And he did.

PPS - I had a front on view of when Fogarty attempted to straight line the contest with Jonas in the last. Jonas jjst picked up the ball and waltzed away. Fogarty made to look like the faux tough guy he is.

My highlight of the commentary was Brown (I think) asked some thing like ‘hey Roo, was that Fogarty trying to bump then?’ And Ricciutto sighing and saying in resigned tones, ‘yeah, that was Darcy.’

They just moved straight on from that.

Andy Maher is a better advocate of our club than Russel. He can go and get f’ed and I hope the club completely disassociate with him. Excommunicate that mother ducker.

From all the commentators and analysts, he’s probably the only one who follows the AFL line to the tee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad for the win. Great to see our traditional jumper worn while singing the song. Great to see them showing the Rover from Tobruk after the game!

Will Drew watch

16 disposals 75% efficiency
11 contested possessions
29 pressure acts
228 metres gained
7 tackles
7 clearences

and wait for it...

9 one percenters all in 90 mins of game time. As ive always said a blue collar player who wont and doesnt need to get 30 every week

He belongs.

Lol the social media comments about the bars thing. My lord.

MASSIVE IDENTITY CRISIS AT THAT CLUB IMAGINE SINGING THE SONG AS THE CLUB YOU WISH YOU WERE LOL

Don't get involved feel. Don't get involved.
What identity crisis? Did we sing “Cheer, Cheer” instead of “We Have the Power”? The guernsey didn’t change anything. The identity crisis has ended in 2014. Now, all we have are reminiscences; which are diminishing as time goes by.

Players go up and down our ranks, and they pretty much know the difference between our first team (Power) and our second (Maggies). They sing both songs accordingly. No one thinks they go to another club.

That’s true with different jumpers. It remains true with similar ones.

My highlight of the commentary was Brown (I think) asked some thing like ‘hey Roo, was that Fogarty trying to bump then?’ And Ricciutto sighing and saying in resigned tones, ‘yeah, that was Darcy.’

They just moved straight on from that.
He’s actually a s**t footballer, forward or midfield.

It being on official AFL media will make Eddie even saltier

The socmed lady probably has no idea what she is posting will annoy some bigwig *heads.

Will Drew watch

16 disposals 75% efficiency
11 contested possessions
29 pressure acts
228 metres gained
7 tackles
7 clearences

and wait for it...

9 one percenters all in 90 mins of game time. As ive always said a blue collar player who wont and doesnt need to get 30 every week

He belongs.
He certainly complements Boak, Wines and Amon. Gray was very good in the midfield tonight. The player who hasn’t hit his straps yet is SPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back