Review Showdown 49 - Rd 8, 2021

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It didn’t feel that way at times

We weren't. This smacks more of pumping up the Crows indirectly by making us out to be better than we are. Rather than saying they were well beaten by a side that (outside the defense), played average at best.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Trying to get my head around this:think:

Best case scenario makes it a 3 point victory! Even then I dont think Tex is that smart!
Giving Ted the benefit of the doubt Hinkley wanted us to win by 4 or 5 points.

I'm guessing philreich inverted the definitions of square root and squared, and he was implying that Ted's IQ is 7.
I'm also 1 of 3 types of people - those who can count, and those who can't.......

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I don't get the downplaying of Boak's game, thought he was fantastic when the game was hot and did great work on the inside and outside. Didn't get a kick in the last quarter but who cares.

I said as he was awarded the medal that he was as good as any of the 5 or 6 they could have given it to, but he just plays that well every week so we take him for granted. I would have been happy to see Clurey or Lycett win it but happy with Boak as well.

I know some people were disappointed but keep in mind that the Crows turned it into a scrap so they didn't get blown out, but it also gave them zero chance of winning. Even when they got within 14 points they were never in the game and didn't want to be. If they'd spent the game trying to be attacking at all we'd have won by triple figures. They basically did what Choco should have done after qtr time in 2007.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
News filtering through that Ken told the players before the game, "Make sure you win by the square root of Taylor Walker's IQ." :)

This actually makes a lot of sense. Walker couldn't get a kick because he'd ascended to a higher plane of existence and become a non-corporeal being.

Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Nothing new there, but great to see a positive piece from our perspective on the AFL home page. Especially pleased with the comments about Wines. Definitely now a captain-in-waiting.
And being willing to accept being demoted with a positive attitude and bringing his best this year. Shows a lot of guts. Impressed with Ollie.

Last edited:
Back