Preview Showdown 49: Round 8, 2021 vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
It's Showdown time again!

Both teams are coming off disappointing losses, with us going down to Brisbane up at The GABBA and the Crows at home to GWS.

Form:
Port Adelaide:
5-2, 3rd
Adelaide: 3-4, 13th

Currently, the Showdown ledger is locked at 24-24, with us winning the previous two by 57 and 75 points respectively. Let's take a look at the most recent Showdown:

That was an amazing win in an even more amazing jumper, one we should be wearing again this week!

I think we'll aim to have the game won by half-time and then shut up shop to get ready for the bigger, more important game against the Bulldogs the week after and hopefully get through without another injury.

...or we could absolutely slaughter them into oblivion by a record margin, which would have been the case last year if quarters were 20 minutes.

The choice is ours.

I think we'll aim to have the game won by half-time and then shut up shop to get ready for the bigger, more important game against the Bulldogs the week after and hopefully get through without another injury.
God I hope we are not thinking this.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shutting up shop worked so well for us leading in to the brisbane and west coast games!

I don't think Crows are remotely close to being able to exploit our lack of forward pressure and our inability to hold contested marks in poor conditions.

We bring the Brisbane game back here we need to be selling Ken to Collingwood to get out of this contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Walker: regressing to type
McAdam: SANFL standard
Rowe: SANFL standard
Himmelberg: SANFL standard
Thilthorpe: 12-18 months away
Murphy: SANFL-standard

If they kick anything approaching a winning score we should lock the doors, burn it down and salt the earth.

Just looking at the Western Derby's.Eagles have now won the last 11 clashes.
The current gap between Port and the Crows is quiet large.Some of the younger Crows players. Who have had a good start to the season.Look tied and need the buy round.
If Port play close to there potential they should win,even if the Showdown is a hard fought match.Theres no better chance for Port to string together 6 to 8 showdown victory's in a row.
Last 2 Showdowns have been big Port wins.

Last edited:
Showdown XLIX

Port Adelaide

v
Sanful United
(Central District,
Glenelg, North Adelaide, Norwood, South Adelaide, Sturt, West Adelaide, and Woodville-West Torrens)

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back