Preview Showdown 49: Round 8, 2021 vs Adelaide

Taylah who goals from a dodgy free or mark from a blatant push in the back

Memories of the second Showdown of 2014, when Sam Jacobs kicked the opening goal after receiving a free for literally tripping over his own feet.

One of the all-time tonesetters for a collective umpiring performance that would’ve made an Indian bookmaker blush.

New motto, stolen from the late Carrol Shelby:

BB7B9488-2D5F-4809-BE8B-66C8E27146DA.jpeg

Everyone in this team should be focused on the business of putting in the performance necessary to win the flag. And that means flogging the * out of Adelaide to restore the percentage we lost against those pissants from Brisbane.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
New motto, stolen from the late Carrol Shelby:

View attachment 1119469

Everyone in this team should be focused on the business of putting in the performance necessary to win the flag. And that means flogging the fu** out of Adelaide to restore the percentage we lost against those pissants from Brisbane.
If only you applied this mantra to Ken.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Boston Celtics, Patriots
Robert Walls on commentary accusing Byron of picking him off like a coward, when Biglands lined him up and Byron chose to meet him head-on despite giving away significant size and weight — the antithesis of ‘cowardice’.

🤪
He also said and I quote "Biglands should've been smarter to be aware of who was around him." LMAO this bloke contradicts himself within the same sentence.

Last edited:
Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Just tracking ahead to the Bulldogs game, and beyond........ thus with full capacity, and no curtain raisers, will we revert to the normal entry process again ie. you scan your season ticket at the gate, and then go sit in either:

1. any seat in the western stand unreserved areas, or
2. your allocated seat (if you selected in sit in the other stands, or purchased a reserved western stand seat) given to you at the beginning of the season?

Seems pointless to go through the laborious process of Ticketek when you are not trying to fit 50k members into 40k (or less) available seats.

Or is that too logical?

backtozero

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 26, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon we will win comfortably but it won't be a massive smashing.

Later in the year when we have X, Butters and Jones back in the side is a different story though.

Really looking forward to seeing what Aliir does to them. I predict that Ted's frustrations might boil over.

Would be nothing better than seeing that awesome Aliir smile as Tex loses the plot.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have hardly even thought about footy this week. That loss last week was a bit of a blow to interest levels that'll take a while to recover.

I'm sure being three goals down at quarter time as Tex plays a blinder whilst Ken looks blankly out the box sucking on a coke will get you fired up.

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Have hardly even thought about footy this week. That loss last week was a bit of a blow to interest levels that'll take a while to recover.

Bingo.

Smash the tingles and beat the bullflogs and my enthusiasm will be back but as of right now there is a real fear that we waste yet another season.

Tibbs

The Bearded ZERK!
Sep 9, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I am the same ... my level of Showdown excitement is normally off the scale by now, but I have hardly thought of the game until now

Gryllis

All Australian
Feb 12, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Just tracking ahead to the Bulldogs game, and beyond........ thus with full capacity, and no curtain raisers, will we revert to the normal entry process again ie. you scan your season ticket at the gate, and then go sit in either:

1. any seat in the western stand unreserved areas, or
2. your allocated seat (if you selected in sit in the other stands, or purchased a reserved western stand seat) given to you at the beginning of the season?

Seems pointless to go through the laborious process of Ticketek when you are not trying to fit 50k members into 40k (or less) available seats.

Or is that too logical?

I think it's to do with their COVID safe plan as well. We're Western Stand members and had 2 tickets seperate to the rest of the group for the Saints game. But then their seats had some problem, so they got moved to what was going to be an empty row, and with more seats, we were allowed to go sit with them - but had to give an AO staff member our details for COVID reasons so they knew we were sitting in those seats.

I'm sure being three goals down at quarter time as Tex plays a blinder whilst Ken looks blankly out the box sucking on a coke will get you fired up.

I'm not sure there are extra levels to arm crossing.

Fired up to #sackhickey big time

I do have a confession though, I'm not going this week, will probably catch the replay. Going to the Medieval Festival with a group of mates, booked in to the banquet they are having. Mead and hog shank for all while I giggle at the LARPers.

Last time I went I bought a brass/bronze roman praetorian helmet and a few swords, this time i'll probably buy something just as ridiculous.

Back