Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

I am just so ******* over seeing teams flood against us and then rebound for easy goals. It makes it a horrible spectacle to watch for all.

It is such an easy tactic for teams to do and we literally can’t do anything about it. Try switching the play, try playing an uncontested style to draw out the defence. Try spreading the field and making the ground feel wide. Try lowering the eyes instead of bombing. Try not kicking to the exact same spot from a kick-in every single god damn time. If they are going to put a million guys in the corridor, exploit it by going wide and around them. God we have guys like Farrell, Houston, Burton, JHF, Butters, Rozee, Williams, all beautiful kicks. Make the most of them.

Stop pressing the defence up so high to allow for panic 1on1’s on the turnover. God some of the over the top goals weren’t even from turnover, it was just from two easy marks from a kick-in. How can that even happen?!

We have incredible talent on our list just being wasted. Stop trying to be so ******* cute Hinkley. PLAY A NORMAL GAMEPLAN LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM. PLAY A NORMAL STRUCTURE LIKE EVERY OTHER TEAM IN THE COMP. You ain’t some mastermind that is going to out coach every team. It. Does. Not. Work. Just stop.

It is really not that ******* hard to counter that gameplan used against us. I promise you one thing Hinkley. If a team plays that style to counter us and you just play a normal structure, they will NOT be able to score. You will be setup and they will have no avenue to goal as they are flooding so hard thinking we are going to press up high and they will counter attack. I ******* promise you they will change their style as soon as they realise it isn't working and we haven't eaten out of their hands.

Last edited:

Didn't watch the game. Were the crows that good we completely s**t the bed?

Kenny and the bois have been rolling around in their own s**t and piss for the last 8-9 years. Crows were s**t but our side is coached by a div 7 D grade coaching panel.

Just wanna say our forwards will look so much better when our gameplan isn't built around creating the maximum congestion in our forward 50.

Of course we kick it as deep as we can to terrible spots, if a forward actually leads to the ball in a dangerous spot but isn't able to mark, it's a guaranteed walk in goal at the other end.

Didn't watch the game. Were the crows that good we completely s**t the bed?
Nope. They were allowed to take control from the first bounce and did what they had to do. Would have been dismantled against a good team.

The players that took the game on for them were precisely the ones identified in here as needing attention. They didn't get it.

I'm all for targeting kern and his obviously inept game plan, but apart from many of us complaining on here about how p*ss weak the kokmeister is I'm not aware of him copping much, if any public pressure.

I'm of the belief koch thinks it's only the white noisers on here that don't revere him, and I'm confident that with the correct type of public pressure he would melt quicker than an ice cube that had been chucked into a barbecue on a 40 plus degree day.

We know Hinkley is an extremely dumb campaigner but he has rat smarts and the hide of a rhinoceros and its the other boof headed campaigner and his ginormous ego that should be the primary target, if someone like stickerman got stuck into him I believe it would definitely be more successful than just targeting kern.

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

For a start the injuries mount when we have forwards battling against 100 defenders in 1 square metre of space. Next they stroll down the field past all our players and have a walk in goal easy as you please. Ken's play kills the joy and the hope when the big boys come to town. Rinse and repeat. Always next time , next year, next decade.

For a start the injuries mount when we have forwards battling against 100 defenders in 1 square metre of space. Next they stroll down the field past all our players and have a walk in goal easy as you please. Ken's play kills the joy and the hope when the big boys come to town. Rinse and repeat. Always next time , next year, next decade.

Since 2016, it’s been the same game plan.

Who has allowed it?

I had to work late last night, so missed the first part of the first quarter. Before I got home I flicked open the AFL app to see the score. It was very early, but I saw we had scored the first point, which was quickly followed by Adelaide's first goal. It was like the script had been written.

I had to work late last night, so missed the first part of the first quarter. Before I got home I flicked open the AFL app to see the score. It was very early, but I saw we had scored the first point, which was quickly followed by Adelaide's first goal. It was like the script had been written.

And we scored that point from total ownership of the first 5 minutes and repeat inside 50s. They get it out once, waltz down the field and goal.

It was like a play within a play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong are going to dismantle us next week. Big loss incoming.

Won’t make any difference at the club though. It’s scary facing Geelong at home and our captain’s injured - there’s nothing a coach can do to change that.

Geelong are going to dismantle us next week. Big loss incoming.

Won’t make any difference at the club though. It’s scary facing Geelong at home and our captain’s injured - there’s nothing a coach can do to change that.
Geelong play Adelaide game but 10 times better.

We will be creamed

I'm sure it's all been said by now, but that was garbage from start to finish. All the usual ingredients: constantly second to the ball, dumb bomb and hope game plan, our spuds making their spuds look like A-graders...and of course Ken wandering around on the sidelines, hands in pockets, looking bemused.

I don't even get upset anymore. One saving grace would be if continuing putrid performances would bring increasing pressure on the fraud and his enablers, but of course it won't.

One small bright spot was hearing the aftergame callers to 5AA almost unanimously bagging Ken. Not one happy clapper, which was nice.

Marshall was criticised by BT and co. for going for a chest mark and not sticking his arms up and marking the ball in front.

It's impossible to do that when one of your arms is being held by Butts. Marshall got the free this time and goaled, but there was a lot of holding of our forwards that was missed. Good tactics, if you can get away with it. And they did.

1714707837394.png

The thing that annoys me the most is that it's not a talent issue, it's a system, structure, coaching issue. We have overwhelming evidence that our game plan will lose more often than not again that game style. If you're playing us, make it a contested game with numbers back and slingshot the ball forward and happy days you're on your way to victory. You only had to watch the Maggie's yesterday to see that the Crows played with that same system/structure and tore us apart. I'm extremely concerned if Josh Carr has the same philosophies, we'll get the same results. He ideally becomes interim coach at some point this year, so we can discern any change, if note we go to the market and get the best coach available.

Another game in which we should've won but for poor coaching. Just add another log on the fire.
The thing is the Crows weren't super contested all night. Sure they played hard but not crazy hard. It was almost like they new they would have continual chances for Joe the Goose and that would be enough.

By the end of the 2nd our forward line became stagnant and some time during the third quarter the juice in our players stopped flowing.

THE GOOD

Horne-Francis trying to will us to win in the midfield or up forward
Apart from the first two goals by Fogarty, I thought he was excellent. Bad matchup by the coaching staff.
The tall backline was good.
Ratugolea killed Fogarty.
Zerk-Thatcher was good again.
Wines defensive game. 10 tackles.
Houston's consistent form.
Farrell was pretty good as well.
Sweet holding his own but not dominating.

THE MEDIOCRE

The change of Ratugolea onto Fogarty after those first two goals.
Horne-Francis to full forward. Another good move.
Byrne-Jones kept on trying all night.
Butters trying too much every single possession.
Boak
Not picking Finlayson.

THE UGLY

Terrible kicking for goals.
Terrible play entering our F50, especially with advantage.
Rozee not being rested and we are a midfielder down for three quarters.
Our system once again leaks easy goals. The Crows were in cruise control all night.
The tall forwards were one of the main reasons for our lose. Just did nothing.
Dixon slow and getting run on.
Marshall playing like a cupcake.
McEntee did absolutely nothing all game.
Burton went back to being a bad defender as well.

WORST PLAY OF THE NIGHT - In the final minute, Rankine slicing through Houston, Jones and Bergman to run from the wing to F50 to kick the cherry on top of the cake.

Geelong will pummel us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back