Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

No good Rozee JHF Butters etc busting their guts for their work to be wasted upfield. Port started to get the game on their terms later in the first quarter with stoppages out wide but Nicks made sure there was a taller player at the contests from then on and Hinkley had no response.
I'm shocked

Has anyone else lost interest in even watching port play anymore? like that spark or care factor is gone. watching us play this year has been depressing
I turned it off at half time....I've seen this movie too many times to give a s**t.

It's going to take 3 years and a ruthless trade period to disinfect the Hinkley filth from our club.
Ruthless coach would take 3 weeks to work out the softcocks masquerading as footballers or the blokes
Incapable of playing at the level in our side.

Anyone remember the GWS final when we kicked 1.9 in the final term with everything on the line?
We kicked 1.7 tonight. Absolutely shat our pants every time the ball went inside 50.

Game had no redeeming features, my neck is sore from two hours of shaking my head.

This has to be the catalyst for change at all levels of the club - every game we lose under this coach, we lose the same way. Beaten out the back on turnover, horrific goalkicking, wasteful forward dominance, poor selection decisions and capped off by late injuries.

Dixon should be dropped. Absolutely diabolical - gave away 5 frees in the first half, just about every possession was a turnover, was slow, hesitant and failed to do the most basic part of his job by bringing the ball to ground. Unfortunately, he will keep his spot because of the injury to Georgi, who also produced a relegation-worthy performance. Just about the dumbest footballer I've seen.

There were a few big positives:
  • Butters tried his guts out and stood up in a big game
  • JHF had an impact with just about every touch
  • Bergman and Houston were very reliable in defence

Some almost positives:
  • thought Wines battled hard, won a number of important contests but just could quite break out to influence the game
  • Rioli was creative and had some influence up the ground, just needed to impact the scoreboard more

And some absolute putrid efforts:
  • Dixon outright sucked. Got absolutely demolished, gave away a bunch of bloody stupid frees, and 11 of his 15 touches were turnovers! Never seen a player contribute so much to the opposition as he did
  • McEntee has -5 metres gained at half time. You’re a permanent forward, how is that possible. Absolutely no impact at all, once again.
  • Marshall as soft and clueless as ever
  • Boak kicking 0.3 as well as losing composure and turning the ball over in our attacking half a number of times
You can add Williams to the putrid efforts. Way too slow. They ran off him all night. Struggled to get to contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Absolute rubbish.

If you're not going to play Finlayson when Adelaide brings in that many tall defenders, then you're playing into their hands when all you are doing is continuing to bomb it long into a forward line that has +2 in defence.

And what was McEntee's contribution to the game? Getting in the way of a Horne-Francis lead and then missing the goal.

If Finlayson plays, he forces one of their defenders to engage in the forward line instead of screening off. The only reason you don't play Finlayson is if you're going to play a territory game with the ball on the ground most of the time and attempt to exploit the agility of Rioli/Horne-Francis et al vs their talls. Then I could understand playing McEntee.

Also, Rozee should never have put his hand up to play. 15 disposals for 26 meters gained. That's not the performance of a captain. We were literally a man down the entire game with him out there.

This loss is fairly and squarely on the selection panel and by extension, Hinkley.
Yay I agree with Janus

Carr is going to need an extremely successful caretaker period if he's to be selected, surely. I hope even then he doesn't, but if it's a done deal Kochie will have ****ed the club for over 20 years.
He's already doing match day coaching. This is all we have to look forward to if he gets the job

Absolute rubbish.

You're playing into their hands when all you are doing is continuing to bomb it long into a forward line that has +2 in defence.

This loss is fairly and squarely on the selection panel and by extension, Hinkley.

Welcome.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Has anyone else lost interest in even watching port play anymore? like that spark or care factor is gone. watching us play this year has been depressing

Completely. Didn’t watch the first qtr and turned it off early in the third. That was enough for me and that was painful as all hell.

Thankfully I’ll be travelling for 3 months and can completely ignore this team and club for that time.

It used to really frustrate me for the whole weekend when we lose. Now I either don’t finish the games or couldn’t care less at the end because it was so predictable.

Then there’s the fact we are incredibly boring just from a football perspective to even watch. No dare, fast movement or enjoyment in the game. Just dull boring down the line sht.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back