Review SHOWDOWN 55

Remove this Banner Ad

A lot is being made of our goal kicking and inaccuracy. But to me it felt like a lot of our points were essentially rushed / pressured behinds or misses from beyond 50 or long range. So I’m much more critical on the way we set up forward and entered our forward line than the kick on goal. They found targets all night uncontested near the goal square. We had a heavily congested forward line with six forwards who got into poor position to mark or win the ball and were beaten by their opponents.

There is an element of this but we also missed plenty of relatively straight forward shots, especially on the run. And our standards for what an easy or hard shot is are pretty warped - you look up the other end and as usual the opposition are kicking lots of easy goals but there's also plenty of hard ones being kicked as well. These are professional footballers, they shouldn't need to be kicking from 15 out directly in front to be a chance of kicking a goal.

Also, 5.18 is generous because it doesn't count the half a dozen or so we missed altogether.

Watch this be Kane blaming Rozee for putting his hand up to play or something and ignoring anything about Ken
The more he talks the more i forget how good he was for the club.

Absolute clown.

At least we have Hornet now. Our sole post quarter time goalkicker lol.
The obsolete game plan where everyone know you kick it down the corridor to Charlie must change.
As shown last night the opposition also knows the plan and take turns lining up to take intercept mark after mark.

Unacceptable.

The franchise showed more heart than we did. No urgency, no dare, poor hands. Just an awful, gutless, heartless performance.

McEntee and DBJ must go. You cannot have two small forwards who have no goal sense, who freeze like dears in the headlights when the goals are in front of them. You need forwards who dream about kicking goals, who only need a sniff. Our inaccuracy has more to it than those two but we can change them.

If you don’t kick goals, you shouldn’t be in our forward line.
This has been the case for the last three showdowns and it is unacceptable!

Thing is keeping Ken is pointless. We aren’t closing any gap this year and no guarantees next year (but I have a guess).

He should be Sacked by 9am.
We’re stuck in no mans land waiting for a bunch of stubborn blokes who run our club to do what should have been years ago.
What’s so frustrating is that there is no end in sight.
Keeping him is doing irreversible damage to not only our AFL team but also our player development - look at how terrible the Magpies are, they're going to get slaughtered in the AFL Reserves comp. He's objectively getting worse year on year.

I'm all for targeting kern and his obviously inept game plan, but apart from many of us complaining on here about how p*ss weak the kokmeister is I'm not aware of him copping much, if any public pressure.

I'm of the belief koch thinks it's only the white noisers on here that don't revere him, and I'm confident that with the correct type of public pressure he would melt quicker than an ice cube that had been chucked into a barbecue on a 40 plus degree day.

We know Hinkley is an extremely dumb campaigner but he has rat smarts and the hide of a rhinoceros and its the other boof headed campaigner and his ginormous ego that should be the primary target, if someone like stickerman got stuck into him I believe it would definitely be more successful than just targeting kern.

Last edited:
Here are the votes:

Erin Phillips (Channel 7)

3: Jake Soligo

2: Zak Butters

1: Jordan Dawson

Tim Ginever (5AA)

2: Josh Worrell

1: Jason Horne-Francis

Bernie Vince (Triple M)

2: Mark Keane

1: Zak Butters

Matt Turner (The Advertiser)

2: Matt Crouch

1: Zak Butters

Joel Selwood (Channel 7)

2: Zak Butters

1: Jordan Dawson

TOTAL:

15: Jake Soligo

6: Zak Butters

2: Jordan Dawson, Matt Crouch, Mark Keane, Josh Worrell

1: Jason Horne-Francis

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel like I'm taking crazy pills... had a quick glance of the main board's 'will Hinkley win a flag' thread, and there's still a proliferation of one cell amoebas on there fervently defending Ken. What the heck man.

Even if Ken isn't the problem, could we at least bottom out for a couple of years and get some draft picks, instead of finishing 2-6 and getting harder draws as well?

get ****ed ken

It's a fine line between courage and stupidity. I know which side of the line this drongo is on.

Players are schitting themselves whenever we play a game of any relevance. Its like you do it, no you do it, no you do it. Very few stood up and said I will do it.

Poor coaching, poor leadership and it all stems from the top from Koch & Richardson then trickles down into the coaching group and finally the players.

WGT please start bashing heads behind closed doors!

Feel like I'm taking crazy pills... had a quick glance of the main board's 'will Hinkley win a flag' thread, and there's still a proliferation of one cell amoebas on there fervently defending Ken. What the * man.

Even if Ken isn't the problem, could we at least bottom out for a couple of years and get some draft picks, instead of finishing 2-6 and getting harder draws as well?
We’ll bottom out in time for the TAS team draft concessions

Our doc is a dickhead as well. How many * ups can this dude make.

Why wouldn't you recommend Rozee be rested? It's a 6 day break. We're only in round 8.
The fact that the guy responsible for the Aliir debacle is still employed is almost more mindboggling than the fact that Ken is still here.

Ken this was nothing short of a
trainwreck GIF

A lot is being made of our goal kicking and inaccuracy. But to me it felt like a lot of our points were essentially rushed / pressured behinds or misses from beyond 50 or long range. So I’m much more critical on the way we set up forward and entered our forward line than the kick on goal. They found targets all night uncontested near the goal square. We had a heavily congested forward line with six forwards who got into poor position to mark or win the ball and were beaten by their opponents.
This has been going on for years and is massive problem.
It’s all coaching too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back